NOW which film is your favourite??

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by HitMe, Feb 12, 2013.

?

Which is your favourite of Nolans Batfilms?

1. Batman Begins

2. The Dark Knight

3. The Dark Knight Rises

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Anno_Domini

Anno_Domini Well-Known Member

Too bad that's not true as we've seen other prisoners fall and they were fine, so there's that...

2. WadeSlade

WadeSlade New Member

The Dark Knight was the only one I liked out of the trilogy.

3. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

[YT]lUF9BPOXfcE[/YT]

4. Anno_Domini

5. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

1. TDKR (9.5/10)
    2. TDK (9.25/10)
    3. BB (9/10)

Yep, the trilogy is that awesome it gets better every time. :D

6. Marvolo

Marvolo Well-Known Member

BB- Best Batman movie of the trilogy.

TDK- Best film of the trilogy.

TDKR- 7/10

This is just my own evaluation. I never can pick a favorite between TDK and BB. They both have great moments, and are well made films. BB just has more "Batman" moments and staples imo. It is also one of the best theater experiences I ever had, because I hadn't seen anything but the teaser and knew nothing about the film nor its director. As a huge Batman fan, it completely blew my mind. I was expecting a batman movie. What I got was THE batman movie. Anyone else have that experience?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  7. Brother Jack

Brother Jack Believer

I've never quite understood the distinction between great movie vs. great Batman movie. A movie about Batman is intrinsically a Batman film regardless of the angle that it takes with it. Dark Knight is by definition a Batman movie even though it explores ancillary characters more than the other ones do. That emphasis on supporting characters was only to further define Bruce/Batman in a more macro sense.

I feel like each entry in the trilogy cover the Batman iconography as it pertains to different phases in his life. They're all exemplifying different aspects of the character and are able to unique in that regard while still telling a progressing story. With Begins you have the predatory creature of the night aspect of Batman, in Knight he is as it his prime and taking on some of his most iconic rouges in a relative position of notoriety, and Rises depicts him as an aging legend. The most basic architecture of Bruce's character arc is there.

8. Marvolo

BB isn't a perfect film. Its a flawed film in more ways than TDK. TDK is the better film, but BB is the more enjoyable Batman film imo.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013
  9. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

TDKR actually feels the most like a Batman film to me. Color palette, return of Wayne Manor and a more traditional Batcave, all the underground settings in general, The Bat, more masked characters like Catwoman and Bane (with additional characters from the lore like Crane and Talia fleshing out the universe), etc.

Honestly, they all feel like Batman films to me. I mean if you ever read a graphic novel like The Long Halloween, and craved a Batman movie that played out like a big sprawling crime drama...TDK is your movie. Not to mention the use of The Joker alone gives it that "classic Batman" feel.

BB is great because it builds the mythos up from nothing. It has to spend time establishing Batman's methods and as a result we get to see Batman doing a lot of "Batman things". At the time it came out I wasn't the hugest fan of the brown, earthy color tones but I've come to appreciate it and now I love how each film is distinguished by its own color tone. Plus, some bats are brown after all.

10. Anno_Domini

If we're talking about a "Batman film", BB and TDKR takes the cake where TDK doesn't. Wayne Manor, the Batcave, even BATS being used...TDK had zero of that, but what TDK does have is the iconic Batman vs Joker feud and that's what makes TDK competition...it just didn't have the elements that BB and TDKR had.

11. Marvolo

My feelings exactly. :up:

12. J.Howlett

J.Howlett Guest

This OP question is like asking to pick between children. It's cruel.

13. Anno_Domini

The red hair child is never picked first :csad:

14. Venom75

Venom75 I'm symbiotic!

I really loved all three films,but The Dark Knight is flawless. Best film of the trilogy and one of the greatest comic book films ever. Batman Begin was a wonderful introduction and a great origin movie,but it had a few flaws here and there. TDKR is,for me,the weakest of the series and a step down from The Dark Knight. But it's still a good movie,just not great. I did love Anne Hathaway's performance though. Best thing about the movie for me. I'd grade them like this:

Batman Begins...B+
    The Dark Knight...A+
    The Dark Knight Rises...B-

15. Anno_Domini

TDKR is doing so well on this poll :up:

16. Victarion

Victarion Iron Captain

The best parts from BB are Bruce's training with the League of Shadows. Beautiful scenery and character development. With TDK, I enjoyed seeing Batman, Gordon, and Dent put to the test. In TDKR, I liked the parallels between Bane and Batman, as well as the completion of Bruce's arc.

That graphic novel analogy really fits for the trilogy. :up:

17. Anno_Domini

The more and more I think about Bruce's training, the more it feels like Nolan did embody the traits of Batman. Being trained by literal ninjas, besides the obvious whole being a master of the martial arts, you have to expect Bruce to have been taught being an escapologist, being a strategist, forming his methodology on being tactical for future events as we see in each of the films during the final battles regarding his tactics.

18. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Tdk 10/10
    tdkr 9.5/10
    bb 9/10

19. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Bingo!

20. Ms. Marvel

Ms. Marvel Screwed up Avenger

This poll looks almost identical to the poll taken last year. So it wasn't hype. :D

21. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

True dat! Good sign that holds to the test of time.

22. BlackFox

BlackFox Red devil

Double post

23. Anno_Domini

Of course not. The only ones who said it was was the people from the very beginning that didn't like the film.

24. Filmfan93

Filmfan93 The Man in Black

Didn't you guys think that the movie was a little bit...messy and all over the place?I thought that there was too much going on in it.While I love it, I think that in TDK the story was simpler and easier to follow.What do you think?

25. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

How was it not hard to follow? It's a pretty simple story, yes there's a lot going on, but what kind of movies do people watch outside of CBM'S? Sometimes I wonder about this when I come on here and I see people making statements like TDK was easier to follow. Even that movie was jam packed with a lot of information.