The Dark Knight Rises NOW which film is your favourite??

For me.. I look at the TDK Trilogy as one big story, it's honestly too hard to pick a favorite.

For me.. I look at the TDK Trilogy as one big story, it's honestly too hard to pick a favorite.

If I'm being completely honest with myself, that's how I feel too. I have moments when I'm watching each of them where I'm like "Ah, this might be my favorite."

If I'm being completely honest with myself, that's how I feel too. I have moments when I'm watching each of them where I'm like "Ah, this might be my favorite."

Well we both know how we feel, which is the same haha.. I was doing that all weekend

This:up:

Having re-watched the entire trilogy again now, it is almost impossible to pick one and now see it as ONE big story.

Theres bits in all three that I couldnt honestly say I could live without by picking one of the films over the other.

As I read in one review of TDKR, "God help whoever tries to re-boot Batman they have a tough act to follow, the cinematic equivalent of following Fergie as manager of Man United.":woot:

TDK
BB
TDKR 7/10 a good film but not as great as BB. A mile away from the perfect TDK.

This poll definitely proves that TDKR is objectively the weakest of the trilogy. :o

Ha, I'm like that. Most of the time, TDK is my favourite of the trilogy (and my favourite movie generally, too) but every now and then TDKR sneaks in.

Rises is climbing to the top. It needs one last push

Make the climb :oldrazz:

What? How is Rises 2nd? It gets a hard bashing like most films in the comic book films section but seriously? BB is better in every way to TDKR

Eh, I'd say BB and TDKR are equal, with maybe BB having the edge of being a better Batman film.

BB=TDKR>TDK

What? How is Rises 2nd? It gets a hard bashing like most films in the comic book films section but seriously? BB is better in every way to TDKR

Rises has more than its share of passionate fans too. People shouldn't be so surprised to see it doing well in this poll.

And as far as BB and TDKR go, even if you take the screenplays off the table, TDKR is still a much more impressive feat of filmmaking from a technical standpoint. A lot of people responded well to the huge scale of the film. It also has a more memorable villain.

It's all opinion. These are three very different films and each is going to appeal to different people for different reasons.

Rises has more than its share of passionate fans too. People shouldn't be so surprised to see it doing well in this poll.

And as far as BB and TDKR go, even if you take the screenplays off the table, TDKR is still a much more impressive feat of filmmaking from a technical standpoint. A lot of people responded well to the huge scale of the film. It also has a more memorable villain.

It's all opinion. These are three very different films and each is going to appeal to different people for different reasons.

I felt Begins was closer to the comics. We got to see Batman use his genius and his stealth. He also used his batarangs (is that how you spell it?) I'd give you the villain now that I think about it. What I will give TDKR though is this, It is by a country mile the best 3rd installment in a CBM franchise. I found IM3 and SM3 equally awful IMO. I enjoy TDKR more after watching those two.

I think thats one of the trilogies biggest strengths, no matter what you may think of them individually love, hate or mildly indifferent I'm not sure anyone can honestly say that although they are all linked together, that no two films feel the same or are just a rehash of one of the others unlike you could say about some other trilogies. They all feel unique and offer different things.

One passionate fan in particular has made several attempts to come back under different user names since his banning, and no doubt bumped up the poll while he was here with those names :cwink:

One passionate fan in particular has made several attempts to come back under different user names since his banning, and no doubt bumped up the poll while he was here with those names :cwink:

Your avvy.. It makes me laugh :up:

Hmmm...My World's Greatest Detective skills sense that a single entity with multiple user ID's is at work.

Thank you. Kane made it for me :yay:

I love this reactionary laugh to Batman's "Then why did you want to kill me?"

My all time favorite Joker laughs..

interrogation-scene-the-joker-7502256-500-375.jpg

289yhpf.jpg

Hmmm...My World's Greatest Detective skills sense that a single entity with multiple user ID's is at work.

1005749_641620732524167_402150283_n.jpg

Oh snap!

Yeah, someone has unfairly tampered with the poll, lol.

Anno has tried to comeback? I find this poll funny, TDKR here has gotten a bashing in ALOT of threads outside the comic book films one too. Then again, at times I wonder how IM3 and TASM get the 2nd place in their respective franchises. Oh I suppose that it's the minority haters that are most vocal and those who like it don't participate in the debates.

For me its easily Batman Begins. Followed very closely by The Dark Knight Rises with The Dark Knight dead last.

As much as I loved Ledgers Joker, Begins launched the trilogy and Rises closed it off perfectly.

The Dark Knight to me, now feels more like a day in the life of Batman where as Begins and Rises bring everything full circle.

I love them all but Begins and Rises are just about equal to me.

He needs a hobby, I'll be sure to look out for new users who bash films like IM3 and sing and dance about TDKR. How did the admins know it was him? If your banned don't they ban your IP address?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"