The Dark Knight Rises NOW which film is your favourite??

hmm It's tough. Just marathoned them today. Tdkr is so epic and phenomenal I think I like that best. Followed by Tdk and finally Bb but by the slimmest of margins. They're all so amazing and its arguably the best film trilogy out there.

Personally I take The Dark Knight over them all. I will never forget that movie whereas I could forget about TDKR.

My favorite Batman film is The Dark Knight, though I prefer Bale as Batman in Batman Begins. If I had to rank them all (every Batman film), it'd look something like this.

1. The Dark Knight

2. Batman ('89)

3. Batman Begins

4. Batman Returns

5. The Dark Knight Rises

6. Batman Forever

7. Batman and Robin

I feel like TDKR is Batman & Robin in TDK wrapper.

I wouldn't go that far. Atleast TDKR takes itself seriously and doesn't mock itself (well, sort of). I'd also say it has a little more to chew on than Batman and Robin, don't you think?

It also wasn't made with toys in mind like B&R.

1. The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, tied
2. Batman Begins
3. Batman
4. Batman and Robin
5. Batman Forever
6. Batman Returns

1. The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises, tied
2. Batman Begins
3. Batman
4. Batman and Robin
5. Batman Forever
6. Batman Returns

If it's tied, then Begins should be 3, Batman 4, etc. etc. right?

Sometimes Dark Knight and Batman are swappable for me, depends on the mood. Begins and Returns too. Like if I get in that mindset and watch Batman Begins and get that nostalgia 2005 feeling, it could easily be #2 or #1. Usually when I come back to them after not seeing them for awhile, it'll jump up to #1. I did that a few years ago with '89 Batman (maybe 2011 or 2012) and just recently with the Dark Knight.

If it's tied, then Begins should be 3, Batman 4, etc. etc. right?

Sometimes Dark Knight and Batman are swappable for me, depends on the mood. Begins and Returns too. Like if I get in that mindset and watch Batman Begins and get that nostalgia 2005 feeling, it could easily be #2 or #1. Usually when I come back to them after not seeing them for awhile, it'll jump up to #1. I did that a few years ago with '89 Batman (maybe 2011 or 2012) and just recently with the Dark Knight.

You can do it either way, I just prefer to still go 1, 2, 3, instead of 1, 3, 4.

Mine always changes because I love all of them to the highest degree, but my number 1 still remains:

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman Begins
3. Batman & Robin
3. Batman Returns
4. The Dark Knight
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Batman 1966
7. Batman 1989
8. Batman Forever

Kane, your love of Batman and Robin never ceases to amaze lol.

Oh, if I included Mask of Phantasm or Batman The Animated Series in general, it'd always be tops. It surpasses what Burton and Nolan had done in my opinion (well, except that whole "I became Batman because Andrea left me" thing. It's my favorite interpretation of Batman by far.

I never include it or Batman '66 in my lists though. Even though they both had theatrical releases and one was clearly a live action film. I don't know why.

It is pretty impressive, isn't it? Can't fault a guy for sticking to his guns :woot:

And Kane, I LOVE how you have Forever last haha. I wouldn't go as far as putting B&R above the "serious" Batman films (I'm a typical Bat-fan that wants it as dark as possible), but I easily put it over Forever when it comes to pure entertainment value.

I would personally place The Dark Knight Returns 1 + 2 over any film of Batman so far.

Mine always changes because I love all of them to the highest degree, but my number 1 still remains:

1. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
2. Batman Begins
3. Batman & Robin

3. Batman Returns
4. The Dark Knight
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. Batman 1966
7. Batman 1989
8. Batman Forever

Question time. What reboot would you want to see? Something more serious as BB, or something that feels more comic-booky like B&R since both of those films are in your top three?

I do love how you're a massive fan of B&R. I'll say this about B&R though...I can sit down and watch it as it, and even Batman Forever, feel so much different than the first two films from Burton that's it's not even an issue. Films like S-M 3 or X-Men 3, though, they tried to feel just like their previous two films but they can't handle a candle and that's why they're not viewable, imo.

heh, I like what I like. I don't pretend hating something because it goes against what the fans think.

Question time. What reboot would you want to see? Something more serious as BB, or something that feels more comic-booky like B&R since both of those films are in your top three?

I do love how you're a massive fan of B&R. I'll say this about B&R though...I can sit down and watch it as it, and even Batman Forever, feel so much different than the first two films from Burton that's it's not even an issue. Films like S-M 3 or X-Men 3, though, they tried to feel just like their previous two films but they can't handle a candle and that's why they're not viewable, imo.

Well since the last 3 Batman films was contemporary and serious... I'd like for more of a fantasy-esque Batman film where we do get villains like Clayface, Killer Croc, and Poison Ivy.

Yeah Batman & Robin is a lot of fun, it's full of quotable lines.

Yes, it's the funniest and the most absurd Batman movie since B&R. It takes itself seriously, just like TDK/BB, but it makes it even more funny.

Sorry not buying. If it gives you the giggles, more power to ya.

My favourite Batman film will always be Batman '89. But as for Nolan's trilogy, I can't choose because for every thing I like about them, there are about a dozen things I don't like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"