NX - Nintendo's Next Generation Hardware Concept

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, technically it was, but it came out right before the PS4 came out.

I dunno, I'll believe it when I see it, but I doubt it'll be more powerful than the PS4 and X1. Maybe similar, but I doubt it'll be a big step up from current gen.

While if the NX does come out this year that is like 3 years after ps4 so that is a solid amount of time to be more powerful then PS4. I am not saying that it is going to be a big step up but I could see it being a small step up like Wii u was over ps3. But really it needs to be a big step up other wise they are just going to be in trouble again in a few years. I am not saying it needs to be has powerful has say ps5 ends up being but it also cant just be ps4 power leavel either. Who is going to buy a NX if it is just like a ps4 but with a few different games and maybe a different kind of odd control or something?

I think the PS4.5 or whatever they're going to call the stupid thing is meant to extend the life of the PS4. I don't think we'll be seeing the PS5 any time in the next few years. If anything I suspect now we'll have another long gen cycle now. So if NX comes out more powerful than the PS4 and X1.. And is priced cheaper than the 4.5.. I think Nintendo will be fine.

We really don't know what type of console the NX will be, or what Nintendo's aim is. I'm still pretty firmly of the belief that Nintendo will basically be leaving the traditional console market demographic and trying to aim more casual friendly with the NX. And if that's the case, power will be even more insignificant than it is (and it's always been pretty insignificant, even though internet fandom is obsessed with it to an unhealthy degree).

I'm not worried about it either way.

Based on the leaked specs.. It seems like they're going "more" traditional.

If the leaked specs are accurate, and even if they are, we still have no idea about what NX will even look like. A lot of people are just projecting what they want to see on vague details.

I just hope Nintendo will gear more hardcore. I hope every new Nintendo console. In reality.. If they give me a system I love as much as the 64 (I still have it hooked up) I'll be happy.

I know Nintendo probably should get some 3rd party support.. and I think they will. That being said.. I legit only want Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games. So.. if I get pretty Mario games, etc.. I'll be fine.

I doubt things will change so thats likely what you'll get

I think the PS4.5 or whatever they're going to call the stupid thing is meant to extend the life of the PS4. I don't think we'll be seeing the PS5 any time in the next few years. If anything I suspect now we'll have another long gen cycle now. So if NX comes out more powerful than the PS4 and X1.. And is priced cheaper than the 4.5.. I think Nintendo will be fine.

While that could be true. Normally you get new systems ever 5-6 years and last gen was longer with it being 7 years from ps3 to ps4 and 8 years from xbox 360 to xboxone and a lot of developers complained about last gen being so long. So I don't think we are going to have that long of a gen again. I think we are going to go back to the normal 5-6 years. That would mean new micorsoft and sony systems in 2018-19 but maybe this ps4.5 could be a way to make it so that sony doesn't come out with ps5 or something in till 2020-20021 or something in stead of 18 or 19.

Knew it

NX
Nintendo NX launches worldwide in March 2017

Published 1 hour ago. 83 comments.

Nintendo's new console is "a brand-new concept."

NX-March-2017.jpg

Nintendo’s new console, code-named NX, will launch worldwide in March 2017, the company announced.

“For our dedicated video game platform business, Nintendo is currently developing a gaming platform codenamed ‘NX’ with a brand-new concept,” reads the release. “NX will be launched in March 2017 globally.”

NX’s estimated hardware and software sales units are reflected in Nintendo’s financial forecast ending March 31, 2017, but Nintendo are not disclosing the specific information “as it is provisional.”

NX will not make an appearance at E3 in Los Angeles in June and will be unveiled later this year. The new The Legend of Zelda, which is in development for NX as well as Wii U and due out in 2017, will be the focus of Nintendo’s presence at E3.

Nintendo did not share further information.

Read More

NX, Codename NX, Nintendo, Release Dates

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
Shocked its not out this fall. I wonder how big of a hit Nintendo will take barely having anything in 2016 to sell

Seems like an odd time to release a console.

Seems a little later than expected.

But, I suspect the later date may be in order to have a better launch line up. Because I doubt they want to launch with a bunch of Wii U games.

Still, unless they have an upcoming flood, it is going to be a rather long drought before the NX.

Appear to be one last holiday season to sell more WiiU's.

Appear to be one last holiday season to sell more WiiU's.

with no games and an official announcement of a release window of their next console, good luck with that. I hope Pokemon is enough to carry them for the year bc its pretty much all they have. Their numbers are going to take a hit compared to 2015

Man I wish Ninty would get with times and have some voice acting in thier flagship games like Zelda.

well, good to see an official timeline.

I'm not shocked at all, I knew it wouldn't be out, as they haven't even officially revealed it.

I am disappointed with Zelda, though.

I think it will sell well if it launches with both Zelda and a Super Mario title. Nintendo's strengths are always with its IPs.

I think it will sell well if it launches with both Zelda and a Super Mario title. Nintendo's strengths are always with its IPs.

I dont see it launching with a Mario game (at least not a AAA one; maybe some smaller spinoff) now that its been confirmed that it will have Zelda. Mario will come either June or most likely fall (like Sept)

Good to finally get confirmation. Anyone thinking of getting it at launch?

I am. I think they're going to go "all in" with this one. I expect some major Nintendo directs later in the year to showcase some first-party titles.

I'll wait for it to come down in price like it did with the Wii U.

I only buy their handhelds on day one.

Good to finally get confirmation. Anyone thinking of getting it at launch?

I am, but I know it's kind of a masochistic thing. I bought the Wii U shortly after it launched and languished through all it's software droughts. I'm pulling for Nintendo, but the way they bungled the Wii U really makes me doubt their ability to make something great happen with the NX. I'm sure the console will be fine and a lot of fun to play, but I still don't know if they can keep up with software demand.

I dont see it launching with a Mario game (at least not a AAA one; maybe some smaller spinoff) now that its been confirmed that it will have Zelda. Mario will come either June or most likely fall (like Sept)

I think they've learned better than to hinge their launch line up on a title that will also be available on another system. There has to be some new game ready for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"