1.  2022 SuperHeroHype Awards

The 2022 Hype Award Season, hosted by Lily Adler and ComicChick is officially live!

The ballot is here! Voting will end Feb. 4th!

The SuperHeroHype Awards

Obi Wan Kenobi General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Obi-Wan Kenobi' started by flickchick85, Nov 11, 2021.

1. flickchick85 Admin of Might

[​IMG]

Original discussion thread: Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

2. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

For the love of all that is holy, Obi-Wan please do not fight Vader in the suit. Not "really".

3. Albright No soup for you!

#3 Albright, Nov 11, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    Broseph44 likes this.
  4. Filmfan93 The Man in Black

Disney, please release a trailer tomorrow!

5. Gothamsknight A Dark Knight

Inject this in my veins!!

6. Loden Greatstorm OPTIMUS PRIMAL

The sizzle reel didn't do much for me.

7. Broseph44 Witness Me

8. Boom I got nothin'

Totes on board with Darth Vader being in the show. Still not keen on the rematch.

I'm sure I'll lap it up when I see it, though, because I'm a ****ing sucker.

9. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

I so ridiculous excited for this. I couldn't be more hyped. But I don't want that. I get the fudging on Ahsoka and Ezra. It's a personal annoyance. But Vader vs. Kenobi is so specific to the mood of the first film and their interaction. The dialogue between Vader and Tarkin and then Vader and Obi-Wan. It all means so much, especially when you realize he left him dying there 19 years ago.

That said, like you Boom, I'm a sucker. Especially for Big V and Old Ben.

10. Broseph44 Witness Me

So today is the day! (We hope)

Filmfan93 likes this.
  11. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

They put the sizzle reel on the app now. I think that’s about it?

DarthSkywalker likes this.
  12. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

Yep. I'm looking at it right now. Oddly, not on YT yet.

13. Ninjablade Law and Order

Wish there was a little more to the sizzle, but I'm still excited none the less. Seeing both Vader and Obi Wan again will be awesome, even though I'm not the biggest fan of them crossing paths in any capacity again.

It'll still bring out my inner child though, so, I can't complain too much :funny:

14. JubJub86 Registered

Hah, all the freakouts & b*tching over on the SW Reddit page are hilarious.

"I'm only acting entitled because we are entitled to get something here today!"

The sizzle-reel art's pretty nice. Looks like Coruscant'll be in it eh? A ballsy move for Obi to set foot there, I wouldn't have called that. Hope it's more just unrelated to him personally, a 'state of the galaxy' insight type of thing. That shot of what looks like stormies kickin' it in the Jedi temple (guess Imperial palace) not is petty sweet.

Pretty sure that specific inquisitor's probably a placeholder-art thing though, certainly looks like the chick from the game, who'd be dead by now unless they're pulling a Maul with her, which'd be lame. Betting the inquisitors we do get will be others, maybe they didn't have the designs nailed down at the time yet (the sizzle reel's a year old).

15. Drizzle Registered

I’m with you guys that I’m hyped for this (probably the most hyped I’ve been for any Star Wars project since TFA) but I’m not really onboard with a pre-ANH rematch. There’s always the chance that they don’t actually meet in person and it’s some kind of Force vision.

16. DarthSkywalker Regular As Clockwork (he/him)

It's actually an older video apparently. Shown to investors awhile ago. Hence it being light on material for a show that has already wrapped filming .:hehe:

Ninjablade likes this.
  17. Ninjablade Law and Order

Well that's disappointing. Give me some Kenobi action :argh:

18. Albright No soup for you!

Well it’s not like we should be happy, because we’re getting this and not allowed *****ing around.
    This is getting made, because we‘re paying every month or every year. So *****ing around, because we didn’t got footage is allowed

19. GothamCity Registered

This could be a really cool series if the story is good.

Think the visuals will be great after seeing the concept art.

Maybe this will be even better then Mandalorian.

Albright likes this.
  20. Albright No soup for you!

I can see why, they haven’t shown a trailer yesterday. Everyone is talking about Moon Knight and She-Hulk today. That wouldn’t be the case if they also had an Obi Wan teaser. Or Obi Wan would‘ve been outshadowed.

21. Marvolo Registered

I wonder if Obi goes to Mustafar to try to kill Vader or if Vader and Obi will cross paths somewhere else?

On another note there is a new Clone Wars book coming out about Obi and Anakin shortly after Episode 2.

Star Wars Brotherhood by Mike Chen

The Clone Wars have begun. Battle lines are being drawn throughout the galaxy. With every world that joins the Separatists, the peace guarded by the Jedi Order is slipping through their fingers.

After an explosion devastates Cato Neimoidia, the jewel of the Trade Federation, the Republic is blamed and the fragile neutrality of the planet is threatened. The Jedi dispatch Obi-Wan Kenobi, one of the Order’s most gifted diplomatic minds, to investigate the crime and maintain the balance that has begun to dangerously shift. As Obi-Wan investigates with the help of a heroic Neimoidian guard, he finds himself working against the Separatists who hope to draw the planet into their conspiracy—and senses the sinister hand of Asajj Ventress in the mists that cloak the planet.

Amid the brewing chaos, Anakin Skywalker rises to the rank of Jedi Knight. Despite the mandate that Obi-Wan travel alone—and his former master’s insistence that he listen this time—Anakin’s headstrong determination means nothing can stop him from crashing the party, and bringing along a promising but conflicted youngling.

Once a Padawan to Obi-Wan, Anakin now finds himself on equal—but uncertain—footing with the man who raised him. The lingering friction between them increases the danger for everyone around them. The two knights must learn a new way to work together—and they must learn quickly, to save Cato Neimoidia and its people from the fires of war. To overcome the threat they face they must grow beyond master and apprentice. They must stand together as brothers.

Bim likes this.
  22. titansupes Registered

I'd rather they didn't meet at all much less have another fight. If they do, hopefully it's some sort of Force Skype thing like in the ST, or even less than that... It just feels so odd to me, I'm trying to make it palatable.

23. Marvolo Registered

The ANH duel has always been a bit **** and a poor rematch so I'm not going to look this gift horse in the mouth. Go all out and give us a thrilling fight.

24. GREEN =w= DAY Registered

The sizzle reel is better than nothing. It shouldn’t come as a surprise that we didn’t get a trailer considering that the most recent Disney series release a trailer a month or two prior to the series premiere. Since Obi Wan is rumored to premiere on May the 4th, the soonest we can expect a trailer is March or April. Best case scenario, we get a teaser after Book of Boba Fett has its season finale

25. Mandon Knight We did it......

Can anyone explain to me please why we are getting a Obi-Wan / Vader meet up in this when it will re-write 'lore' in the original films from the prequel films, in the sense, they are not supposed to meet since the limb-chopping until when we see them 'fight' in New Hope, that's the whole point, of their battle in ANH, Episode 4, that the dialogue tells you this. I don't get why they are ret-conning one of the most important parts of the entire mythology, beyond, 'oh it's cool'.