Obi Wan Kenobi General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

So, I guess this is pretty much “Star Wars 3.5” in all but name, but with the focus on Obi-Wan. I’m down with that.

This is pretty hallowed ground storytelling-wise. I mean, it’s Obi-Wan frickin Kenobi, one of the OG Star Wars characters. It’s the first time in 17 years we’ve last visited this character, whose status and mindset during this period provides so much potential fodder for interesting character exploration. We once more get to see Hayden as Anakin/Darth Vader, a role for which he was much maligned for his wooden acting/delivery and terrible dialogue, this time under the direction of Deborah Chow, one of the best new talents on Star Wars, and better writing.

The fact that the people working on this know they can’t screw this up, and have only one shot to get it right, makes me think this is going to be something truly special.

sorry to bring it on, but if they show trailers, we won‘t see them - its only audio (watching it right now).
Maybe after the meeting

Regardless it will 100% come out this month.

Looking interesting. They're really playing things close to the best with this one.

Yeah, I had chills going up my spine. As much as I adore the Mandalorian show and all that, nothing has gotten me THIS excited regarding the Star Wars shows. I'm ready!!!!

Last edited:

oh my lord :mrk:

giphy.gif

Copter Lightsaber looks dope in live-action... the head off the Grand Inquisitor looks of though; more basketball / less vase.

And, I thought Cad Bane looked glorious.

Not gonna lie, that trailer didn’t get me excited like those for The Mandalorian or even some of the spin-off Star Wars movies. Could of had something to do with the terrible Grand Inquisitor design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"