Original Obi-Wan Kenobi Starring Ewan McGregor on Disney+ Thread

This is easily my most anticipated Star Wars project right now, even more than Mando season 3 or Book of Bobba fett. I wonder how long till we get our first look at Ewan back in the outfit!

The more I think about it the more I want Commander Cody in this show. Either as a storm trooper or retired. I want to finally have a canon conclusion to his character and for Obi and him to meet again. But I'm not sure if I want him to feel guilt for what he did, or if I want him to go against the grain and actually be entirely ok with Order 66 like a good loyal soldier. The former could bring a lot of emotion to the story having Cody be washed up and burnt out traveling the outer rim feeling like he no longer recognizes the galaxy he fought for, but the latter could make him a good antagonist for Obi to face in this story. And they could have Cody serving Vader in the 501st. Theres something twisted about Obi's former clone commander working with Vader in direct contrast to Rex.

Reactions: Bim
The more I think about it the more I want Commander Cody in this show. Either as a storm trooper or retired. I want to finally have a canon conclusion to his character and for Obi and him to meet again. But I'm not sure if I want him to feel guilt for what he did, or if I want him to go against the grain and actually be entirely ok with Order 66 like a good loyal soldier. The former could bring a lot of emotion to the story having Cody be washed up and burnt out traveling the outer rim feeling like he no longer recognizes the galaxy he fought for, but the latter could make him a good antagonist for Obi to face in this story. And they could have Cody serving Vader in the 501st. Theres something twisted about Obi's former clone commander working with Vader in direct contrast to Rex.
Agreed. I believe Temuera has been confirmed for Kenobi, if my memory works right. While part of me would like him to feel guilty about order 66, i say it might be more interesting and tragic having him work for the Empire. Heck, have him be the leader of hunting down Kenobi, since he worked with Obi closely.

That’s quite the cast. Nice to see Joel Edgerton & Bonnie Piesse come back as Uncle Owen & Aunt Beru

I'm wondering if we get to know how much Owen and Beru knew. You would think that Obi-Wan wanted to spare them that Luke was only Anakin's son, who "died" during the Clone Wars and not Vader's.

So... That's how Han survived in Tokyo Drift; he knows the Force. :o

They are just going to deage Mark Hamill again.

Que racist freakout in 3...2...1...

They are just going to deage Mark Hamill again.

The technology has come far. But not that far. Plus, you know, his head shape changed when he had his accident, which is another significant hurdle.

Great cast.
But once again: pretty odd, that they announced more info about Andor and Obi Wan, than about Book of Boba Fett
I have a feeling, that Andor and Boba Fett might switch their release dates...

Great cast.
But once again: pretty odd, that they announced more info about Andor and Obi Wan, than about Book of Boba Fett
I have a feeling, that Andor and Boba Fett might switch their release dates...

Not really. We didn't get a lot of official casting news on The Mandalorian Season 2. Just reports on the casting of Temeura Morrison, Timothy Olyphant, Rosario Dawson, and Katee Sackhoff in the trades. In fact most of Mandalorian Season 2 was very tight-lipped almost until like a couple months before its release.

Rodriguez, Filoni, and Favreau might want to keep a lot of that a secret for right now. Also, just days ago, Disney released its updated slate with Black Widow in July, and Book of Boba Fett is still slated for December 2021.

Amazing cast and as much as do enjoy most of the people that have been announced for this Benny Safdie being in this is probably what I'm most excited about for some reason.

I'm way more familar with the movies him and his brother have directed, but from what I've seen from his other acting roles he definitely seems to be a pretty damn good actor too.

I hope Rupert Friend doesn't phone it in like he did in Hitman.

10 year old Luke will definitely make an appearance.
He will be in it. But it seems he had a bigger role before they retooled it.

Something I am hoping for in this. A little nod to the changing look of Obi-Wan and the Skywalker lightsabers. Like Obi-Wan making repairs to his and working on the Skywalker one. I really want to see the original Kenobi in this one:

8NSPG8l.jpg

Wow, so much for those insisting Obi Wan must be nothing but a hermit recluse for this entire stretch.
Absolutely love this rich cast. :)

Hey, could still happen.

Big scenes of all these characters interacting and fighting, then intercut every once in a while back to Obi-Wan sitting in his hut staring at the ceiling. ;)

I still don’t like the idea of Vader being in this. Unless they are using Hayden for flashbacks, which is the only way it make sense to show his face, there’s no reason for him to be there. But Kennedy said it’s the rematch we’ve all been waiting for, which implies he and Ben meet in the present day of the series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"