• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

Superman Returns Objectivity

sage1047 said:
I haven't read the Infinite Crisis, just mainly the Superman and Batman books.

you should, very good read. but you should read superman 240, 241 you understand what i am talking about. i could see why dc has being hype this series. actually destroies whatever marvel has to offer. no offense to marvel fans out there. :D ;)

Thunder Emperor said:
you should, very good read. but you should read superman 240, 241 you understand what i am talking about. i could see why dc has being hype this series. actually destroies whatever marvel has to offer. no offense to marvel fans out there. :D ;)

Huh, we're not even at Superman 240 yet. :confused:

sage1047 said:
:up:

One of the reasons I haven't said much about the latest "kid" news is because I still believe the kid isn't Lois's, so I'm taking the "wait and see" approach on that issue. The costume, after seeing it in the possible right colors, looks good to me, plus it probably looks different from other angles (I noticed in the last blog from one of the storyboard pictures that the size of the emblem on one of the Superman drawings matches the size of the one on the suit). Plus, the story sounds exciting. A serious Lex Luthor. One of the three greatest villains in comicbook mythology, a genius, wreaking havoc for the Man of Steel, who has to redeem himself to the world that has possibly forgotten him? Sounds cool to me.

Plus some classic shots:

From the last blog:
5u1c7s

Superman: Secret Identity:
5u1clz

attachment.php
The \S/On the suit i feel may always seem to small to me but recent pics have shown the colour is much better than the initial pic showed

I agree on the kid thing,Also you make some excellent observations there of classic superman elements in the movie.I was one of the main ones upset over no supervillain but as you point out superman has the huge challenge of fitting back into our world as well as dealing with Luthor and i have always been pleased with that casting ,it will be cool to have a sinister Lex for the first time in a movie version.Couple of other things that have got me is that as you said the story sounds interesting and the part they mention about "from the depths of the ocean to the outer reaches of space" sounds grand and epic in scale.I particularly like the sounds of Lex stabbing Superman with Kryptonite and his Glass yacht.

Bad Superman said:
The ignore list does wonders against flamers and trolls. I strongly recommend it. ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :up:

bosef982 said:
Great post. But, I don't think my post is as onesided as one may think. I am too hestiant of many production notes on this film. I am simply pointing to a rampant phenomenon that is plauging these boards. I don't mean to draw sides, but I do mean to identify a problem and why it occurs and what happens when it does. I am in the middle-ground, despite what it may seem.

Sorry i missed this the other day,i guess i perhaps misread you,i feel there is ramapant judging pattern on both sides so i did agree with some of what you said,Again if i missed judged what you were saying i apologise,i merely mentioned your post as a basis for my thread about the middle ground where i stand on these movies,especially so early in production

I'm bumping this because the labeling is beginning on mass in the other thread

Great post hunter rider! This is kind of a weird experience for me. I've never followed a movie this closely prior to release. Frankly, I've never been this excited for a movie ever! It seems tough sometimes to remember to stay level-headed. The bottom line is that I haven't seen it yet. The possibility remains for it to absolutely rock or to absolutely sink like a rock! Thanks for reminding us to try to stay objective. The effort is appreciated! :up:

true316 said:
Great post hunter rider! This is kind of a weird experience for me. I've never followed a movie this closely prior to release. Frankly, I've never been this excited for a movie ever! It seems tough sometimes to remember to stay level-headed. The bottom line is that I haven't seen it yet. The possibility remains for it to absolutely rock or to absolutely sink like a rock! Thanks for reminding us to try to stay objective. The effort is appreciated! :up:

Here's the thing,i hate that the kid is Supes and the piano scene sounds awful but that doesn't mean I'm writing the entire movie off ,the problem here is that the ones that hate the kid idea and those that are defending it are trying to force their views down each others throats and that is what causes flames
Step back weigh up the pros and cons of what we have seen read and then form YOUR opinion and let others have theirs

hunter rider said:

the problem here is that the ones that hate the kid idea and those that are defending it are trying to force their views down each others throats and that is what causes flames

Really? I haven't seen much of that at all. I see people reacting understandably strong to the script criticism and some condemning the film outright, but I also see others that are rationally calibrating their expectations or taking a good look at their own anticipations and excitement.

who said tha tteh kid is supermans?????????????????????????????????????

please, you think singer would let that this secret goes on the net? i dare to say that they filmed some scenes that are not in the script only to make a twist that almost noone knows.

hunter rider said:

Here's the thing,i hate that the kid is Supes and the piano scene sounds awful but that doesn't mean I'm writing the entire movie off ,the problem here is that the ones that hate the kid idea and those that are defending it are trying to force their views down each others throats and that is what causes flames
Step back weigh up the pros and cons of what we have seen read and then form YOUR opinion and let others have theirs

Yeah, I took a quick glance at the Moriarty thread but I think I'm gonna try to avoid it. I don't want to many script spoilers. Beyond that, I 100% agree with what you wrote there. Moriarty is entitled to his view on the script. I'm taking the same approach with this movie that I am taking with X3. Basically, I want to see the movie first and then I will make my final judgement. Facts are facts, but when we are talking opinions, to each his own. :up:

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Really? I haven't seen much of that at all. I see people reacting understandably strong to the script criticism and some condemning the film outright, but I also see others that are rationally calibrating their expectations or taking a good look at their own anticipations and excitement.
Ive seen the sheep and Fanboy denial comments though,my point being some are writing enormous posts on how the kid will be fine while others are dogging the whole concept that some can find it ok
Anyway this thread is really just a reminder to try and cool off,flip flopping of emotions are guaranteed with the trailer tonight so maybe everyone needs to reserve hyperbole until then

WOW Hunter...that's amazing....:up:

That's exactly the kind of attitude and respect we need in the SM3 forum. I hope you frequent it more often because we need posters like you.....:up:

chhhhiiiiaaaaaaa...good post hunter!

Thanks guys,things are settling down a bit now:up: but we still got another trailer to go though:eek:
icon10.gif
icon12.gif

Good post HR. We may not see eye to eye, but I respect what was said, and the way you said it. I would love to talk about the movie again, it's just hard to when there is so much rampant negativity that good, well thought out comments get drowned out by people simply interested in the bad, or just have their own agenda.

I havn't even wrote here what I really thought about the trailer itself other than "I liked it, I give it an 8/10". I wish I could say more than that somewhere without getting drowned out by overhyped critisms and ego.

I"m not being evil and negative nitpicker singer-hater. The only comments tha should be posted are ones that praise everything, I think. I made a thread about liking the superkid and it looks like there are others who like him too. We should all like him. I hate everyone who doesn't.

I've been on the internet a long time and it all boils down to this. The only opinions that matter are the ones that make people feel comfortable. If it's the opinion of the majority that does it whether positive or neg, that's the way it is. Cuz if you look like you really say you didn't like something, people will feel defensive against that and question you WHY, WHAT, HOW, but if you say you liked it, it's OF COURSE. I'm glad I'm choosing to be positive studio drone. Everbody will like me and I'll feel comfortable.

I gotta hand it to you Hunter, you're as cool as the other side of the pillow.

Nivek said:
Good post HR. We may not see eye to eye, but I respect what was said, and the way you said it. I would love to talk about the movie again, it's just hard to when there is so much rampant negativity that good, well thought out comments get drowned out by people simply interested in the bad, or just have their own agenda.

I havn't even wrote here what I really thought about the trailer itself other than "I liked it, I give it an 8/10". I wish I could say more than that somewhere without getting drowned out by overhyped critisms and ego.

I understand Nivek,things have gotten heated,as far as im concerned lets just start fresh and talk SR rationaly:up:

Showtime029 said:
I gotta hand it to you Hunter, you're as cool as the other side of the pillow.

:O :up:

Wesyeed said:
I"m not being evil and negative nitpicker singer-hater. The only comments tha should be posted are ones that praise everything, I think. I made a thread about liking the superkid and it looks like there are others who like him too. We should all like him. I hate everyone who doesn't.

I've been on the internet a long time and it all boils down to this. The only opinions that matter are the ones that make people feel comfortable. If it's the opinion of the majority that does it whether positive or neg, that's the way it is. Cuz if you look like you really say you didn't like something, people will feel defensive against that and question you WHY, WHAT, HOW, but if you say you liked it, it's OF COURSE. I'm glad I'm choosing to be positive studio drone. Everbody will like me and I'll feel comfortable.

LOL this is kinda the opposite of your being like Sym post in the X boards:confused:
icon10.gif

oh I didn't think anyone would notice. good catch. Ya got me... my hands are red.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"