Supergirl Off-Topic Discussions STAY ON TOPIC!

Kelly

Who the heck is KELLY?
Staff member
Reaction score
Shows with kick-ash women in them....

70's were a great time for female driven action shows....

Wonder Woman
Police Woman
Bionic Woman
Charlie's Angels

80's
Cagney and Lacey
"V"
Now as far as sitcoms, TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY in the 80's, women leads thrived in the 80s.

90's
Dark Angel -- moving into 2000
Buffy
Xena
Star Trek: Voyager
Alias -- moving into 2000
Profiler
Sitcoms however were not as great for women LEADS in the 90s.

2000's
Alias
Birds of Prey (short life)
Veronica Mars
Nikita
Covert Affairs
Doll House (short life)
Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles
"V" again (short life)
Bionic Woman again (short life, writer's strike of 2007 killed this show)

2011 --
Rizolli & Isles
Agent Carter
Hunted (short life)
Kidnapped (short life)
Once Upon A Time
The 100
Continuum
Supergirl

And some others I'm sure, those are the ones off the top of my head.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to seeing her in full make-up looking monstery! :D Not familiar with the actress but her name seems to ring a bell from a horror movie about ten years ago.

Reign is not the villain I'd have chosen but I am interested to see where they go with her.

70's were a great time for female driven action shows....

Wonder Woman
Police Woman
Bionic Woman
Charlie's Angels

80's
Cagney and Lacey
"V"
Now as far as sitcoms, TOTALLY DIFFERENT STORY in the 80's, women leads thrived in the 80s.

90's
Buffy
Zena
Profiler
Sitcoms however were not as great for women LEADS in the 90s.

2000's
Alias
Birds of Prey (short life)
Veronica Mars
Nikita
Covert Affairs
Doll House (short life)
Terminator: The Sarah Conner Chronicles
"V" again (short life)
Bionic Woman again (short life, writer's strike of 2007 killed this show)

2011 --
Rizolli & Isles
Agent Carter
Hunted (short life)
Kidnapped (short life)
Once Upon A Time
The 100
Continuum
Supergirl

Are these all shows with women as the leads? Because Agents of Shields has two really kick ash Ladies in prominent roles in the ensemble of leads.

Also, the bolded takes me back to watching TV as a kid with my Mom! :D

[YT]FJ-RDj_50oI[/YT]

I never missed most of the shows up there...lol

Yep, lead only shows....

Also, depending on how kick-ash is defined.

Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
Olivia Benson has been promoted to police lieutenant and is in charge of the NYPD 16th precinct. And unlike Captain Cragen, Lieutenant Benson is actively involved in cases and gets prominent screen time.

The Closer/Major Crimes
Brenda Lee Johnson was a Deputy Chief of the LAPD in charge of the Major Crimes unit, and now the unit is run by Captain Sharon Raydor. Both of which get actively involved in cases and are the focus of the show.

Here's the thing, if you want Kara to have a "parenting role" towards Mon-el, ok. That could work.

But then don't at the same time, don't make him her primary LI, and don't have her have sex with him (and it's the only time that we've gotten 100% no doubt about it) confirmation that Kara has even had sex.

It's a really awkward dichotomy.

Let's not confuse parenting with mentoring. Kara was meant to protect Kal-El, her infant cousin. There is a family connection there that very may have transformed into a parent/child relationship had it been allowed to happen.

But Kara has always been aware that Mon-El was never a relation, nor that she was meant to guard him. She took on the role of his mentor, and as we see often enough, mentor rolls can transform into romantic roles given the right situations.

Also...

...90's
Buffy
Zena
Profiler...

You misspelled Xena. As a long time Xena-fan from way back, I don't know if that is forgivable...:o

Now, as for on-topic...

I wish Reign was coming in fully-formed, as in the comic. She and the other WKs were created off-planet, on a station orbiting Krypton. [BLACKOUT]In the New 52 comic, Kara first encounters Reign when she finds the remains of Argo City just before it falls into a star. Argo City being the city that her father managed to save by removing it from Krypton before the end. Its citizens then succumbed to Kryptonite poisoning instead. Which of course then led to Brainiac finding Zor-El as one of its last survivors and turning him into Cyborg Superman... [/BLACKOUT]

Coming in as she is now, sent to Earth as an infant and being here all this time, may mean we won't see any other World Killers, of which there were five. Or we could see the fifth, [BLACKOUT]which was actually a self-aware power suit with a penchant for mind-controlling its wearer...[/BLACKOUT]

I just really hope they do her right and don't change her too much. In 'beast-mode' she should look as close to the comic character as possible.

Last edited:
oooops I knew that......yikes...I was just typing far faster than my brain was working.

Let's not confuse parenting with mentoring. Kara was meant to protect Kal-El, her infant cousin. There is a family connection there that very may have transformed into a parent/child relationship had it been allowed to happen.

But Kara has always been aware that Mon-El was never a relation, nor that she was meant to guard him. She took on the role of his mentor, and as we see often enough, mentor rolls can transform into romantic roles given the right situations.

Also...

You misspelled Xena. As a long time Xena-fan from way back, I don't know if that is forgivable...:o

Now, as for on-topic...

I wish Reign was coming in fully-formed, as in the comic. She and the other WKs were created off-planet, on a station orbiting Krypton. [BLACKOUT]In the New 52 comic, Kara first encounters Reign when she finds the remains of Argo City just before it falls into a star. Argo City being the city that her father managed to save by removing it from Krypton before the end. Its citizens then succumbed to Kryptonite poisoning instead. Which of course then led to Brainiac finding Zor-El as one of its last survivors and turning him into Cyborg Superman... [/BLACKOUT]

Coming in as she is now, sent to Earth as an infant and being here all this time, may mean we won't see any other World Killers, of which there were five. Or we could see the fifth, [BLACKOUT]which was actually a self-aware power suit with a penchant for mind-controlling its wearer...[/BLACKOUT]

I just really hope they do her right and don't change her too much. In 'beast-mode' she should look as close to the comic character as possible.

We still might....just because she left at the same time, doesn't mean she got to earth at the same time. :cwink:

oooops I knew that......yikes...I was just typing far faster than my brain was working.

Same thing happened to me with the favorite scene from S2 thread.:woot:

We'll say all is forgiven!

Xena with a "Z"?

Somebody may need to pay a fine and have their Certified Geek Club membership card privileges revoked for a few weeks :cwink:

Xena with a "Z"?

Somebody may need to pay a fine and have their Certified Geek Club membership card privileges revoked for a few weeks :cwink:

Sorry but when I speak into my Kindle to type and say Zena you get it with a Z . Plus I was actually never a big fan of the show . But that is why it spelled with a Z and I didn't notice it .

Sorry but when I speak into my Kindle to type and say Zena you get it with a Z . Plus I was actually never a big fan of the show . But that is why it spelled with a Z and I didn't notice it .

Yeah, I'm just kidding, I'm not suggesting it really matters :cwink:

:thud:

[YT][/YT]
Not a fan of Xena?
Say it it isn't so Kelly!

Oh, and I forgot Sheena in the 2000's.....good grief what a godawful show.

Oh, and I forgot Sheena in the 2000's.....good grief what a godawful show.

How did it compare to the Sheena movie? I was surprised by the amount of nudity in a PG film. Usually that gets at least a PG-13, if not an R.

There was also a Sheena TV series in 1955 starring Irish McCalla that ran for 26 episodes.

How did it compare to the Sheena movie? I was surprised by the amount of nudity in a PG film. Usually that gets at least a PG-13, if not an R.

There was also a Sheena TV series in 1955 starring Irish McCalla that ran for 26 episodes.

About as stupid...as far as nudity? no, no nudity of course in the TV show.

How it lasted 2 seasons, I have no idea.

Well, since we're delving into the 'archives...'

Cleopatra 2525
[YT]e2EEj9onCdQ[/YT]

That wasn't a series though was it?

This little thread is for all of those OTHER TOPICS, Women in the Comics, TV shows, and whatever else you want to talk about. Keep it fun however....you want to talk Politics, go to the Political Forum, THIS THREAD is for topics that CAN RELATE TO Supergirl, but we may not have a specific thread for it, and there just doesn't seem to be anyone else talking about it either...LOL

You can talk about it here....

Had a single season.

Actually two seasons. 14 episodes the first season and 14 episodes the second season.
For some reason Hercules only got 8 episodes for the final season instead of the usual 22 episodes per season, so it was sort of
a filler series to use up the rest of the weeks, 14 episodes for Cleopatra 2525 plus 8 episodes for Hercules made for a 22 episode season.
I am guessing the affiliates paid for a 22 season package so Tapert had to give them something to fulfill the contracts.
I guess it was popular enough to get a short second season.

So it turns out that while the CW shows were shut out of the Emmys, Gotham got three nominations.

Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series - 2017

Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Supporting Role - 2017

Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Limited Series, or Movie - 2017

Yep....I thought Riverdale got something off the wall as well, but I can't remember what it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"