Legend of Zelda Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
just what the title says..

i want it to be like ALttP. atleast the dark world part....think about it, Dark World...everything in hyrule went to s***. everything was now dark a crazy. OOT had an alternate place too, but wasnt as dark as it shoulda been...

thats why i like ALttp the best, it went from a problem arising, to complete mayhem. Kakariko was destroyed...hyrule castle gone...the forest went to hell. the desert was a crazy storm....lake hylia was filled with oil...i mean it seriously looked like Hyrule turned into Hell.

I just beat the game!

The one thing that I can complain about (other than the annoying center alignment) is this:

[blackout]One of the things that I loved about OoT was TIME. Going back in time and in to the future is a great story tool.
When Skyword showed the "Temple of Time" and the "Gate of Time", I got excited. If this franchise has a timeline (which people think there is), and having these TIME places in the game, I thought we would have some TIME action!!!!!

BUT THERE WASN'T :(

I was expecting, with Link going to the past, he is going to visit the land, maybe check out Skyloft but on the ground, how awesome would that be! We didn't get that.[/blackout]

This is why I was disappointed, it had the opportunity for a great story plot, but they didn't utilize it.

Other than that, it was a good game. But playing the game on my 57" 1080p Plasma HDTV looked like crap.

I felt the time gate was poorly utilized as well. For a second it felt like Oracles of Ages... then, it turned out that you couldn't really do anything in the past (except for near the end, but it looks exactly like the present). Overall I felt that the story while not bad, could have been told a lot better.

Though I will give Ghirahim credit for being one of the only villains smart enough to make use of time travel. I don't think Ganondorf ever even figured out what the Ocarina was for until it was too late.

Zelda has a timeline, but Nintendo only really started bothering with it with Ocarina of Time. Every game since has alluded to Ocarina of Time one way or another. Or at least alludes to a sequel which alluded to Ocarina of Time.

man, i gotta say. Skyward was a step down compared to Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess was pure epicness

Maybe if they made a game where the characters and monsters didn't look so childish, it would attract more people. Though I did actually enjoy the gameboy titles.

man, i gotta say. Skyward was a step down compared to Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess was pure epicness

disgusted.jpg

I don't think Skyward Sword was a big enough step up in my opinion... I've had fun playing it so far but there have been very few breathtaking moments for me so far, which is hard coming in a year when there have been many breathtaking games. Also, every time I get excited by a hint of Zelda nostalgia, it doesn't lead anywhere. Sidequests are cool and everything but I mainly miss the multiple cities and towns that went along with that.

Well, nothing comes close to the "leap" between A Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time. Nintendo needs to go a little nuts if they want to one up that one. They've been playing it safe gameplay wise, and keeping to the old formulas.

But now that they have a much more powerful system, and talk of collaborations with other companies, who knows what could happen.

I like Skyward Sword. But the only other "modern" Zelda game I've completed was The Wind Waker, so I'm not as bothered by the same old, same old as series vets. Worse I can say about it is that the prompts for everything are obnoxious. Besides that, though, I've enjoyed this more than any other Wii game I've bought since the console was released.

For a sequel, I'd really like it if Retro Studios worked on it, like Miyamoto has considered. Metroid Prime was fantastic, and I've heard good things about Donkey Kong Country Returns. Nintendo EAD would then have more time to work on non-Mario/Zelda games.

im surprised nobody is talking about the released Timeline?

im surprised nobody is talking about the released Timeline?

I only just found out about it. What I don't get is how is it split into three timelines? But other than that, it totally makes sense.

Apparently the third timeline is what happens if Link dies / fails in Ocarina of Time. The translation wasn't perfect. Better ones will come out soon enough.

Or to some it up...

ORIGINAL TIMELINE
Skyward Sword
Minish Cap
Four Swords
Ocarina of Time

FAILING TO DEFEAT GANON
A Link to the Past
Oracles Series
Link’s Awakening
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda II

DEFEAT’S GANON AND RETURNS TO THE PAST
Majora’s Mask
Twilight Princess
Four Swords Adventures

DEFEAT’S GANON, BUT STAYS IN THE FUTURE
Windwaker
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Last edited:
Where did they release the timeline?

Btw. It's kinda sad that they add a timeline in which you fail to defeat Ganon.
I had hoped that the set of
A Link to the Past
Link’s Awakening
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda II
was at least part of an original timeline or something in which you have defeated Ganon at least.

Still playing Skyward Sword/ Have reached the entrance of the Eldin Volcano temple. Fi is pretty annoying, more annoying then Navi. Everytime my hearts have almost run out, she appears. Everytime my battery is almost out, she appears. And it's not just 1 page of message, it's a lot of message that appear slowly and can't be ignored by button or so. Then it's ****in' annoying that everytime I start a game and I find an item, it gives me a description and places it in a very slow way in my inventory, while I already have those items 10 times. It's not a new item, leave me alone.

I still like the game though.

Last edited:
I just finished the game. Besides the jaggies and constant prompts, it was great fun. But the ending was a head scratcher.

So Demise was killed in the present. He was released by Ghirahim in the past, but Link killed him again and sealed some of him away in the Master Sword (the remainder became Ganon). Did Demise's early release change what already happened in the present? Is it like Ocarina of Time, where in one timeline Link wished Demise dead, and in another Demise partly survived? Is it possible that Demise regained his true form, was defeated, and part of him returned to his imprisonment?

Time travel stories are confusing.

Since when is losing to Gannon an option?

DEFEAT’S GANON, BUT STAYS IN THE FUTURE
Windwaker
Phantom Hourglass
Spirit Tracks

Actually, in the above timeline. It's not about Link staying with Zelda in the future. It's the future where after Link defeats Ganon, he leaves to the past. The games after that (WW, Phantom....) is the future without Link.

Which is awesome, now the castle with Link's statue in WindWaker makes a lot of sense!!!

I hope there is a game between OoT and Windwaker, before Hyrule was filled with water!

I only just found out about it. What I don't get is how is it split into three timelines? But other than that, it totally makes sense.
That means all the original old games are in a third timeline that nobody knew. I think i need to play "A Link to the Past" to understand the third timeline better.

A Link To The Past doesn't mention about a failure in defeating Ganon in the past. The seven wise men sealed Ganon away in the past from what I remember.

3 timelines? If that's true and not a mistranslation, **** it all.

I don't see the problem with three timelines. The Wind Waker specifically states that the Hero of Time banished Ganon, yes? Well, A Link to the Past details the major points of the Imprisoning War where Ganondorf became Ganon, yet only mentions the Sages, not a Hero. So either the people telling the story remembered the villain and completely forgot about Link, or there's a timeline where the Sages had to do the heavy lifting.

I'm not big on the timeline debate, but I've always figured A Link to the Past as the square peg amongst the round (triangular?) holes. The first origin story was clearly developed before anyone on the development team had an inkling as to what "Zelda 64" would be about. So the only clean way to fit the classic games into the overarching story is an alternate timeline/universe.

With the recent book "Hyrule Historia", Nintendo has released the official timeline! Here it is!

Hyrule-Historia-3.jpg

For a more clearer look:

Zelda-Timeline1-e1324670138295.jpg

Yeah, so it seems even Nintendo couldn't find a way to fit the old games into the timeline, so they just threw them into a "what if" sort of scenario where OoT Link dies to Ganondorf........

DISCUSS AWAY

I don't see the problem with three timelines. The Wind Waker specifically states that the Hero of Time banished Ganon, yes? Well, A Link to the Past details the major points of the Imprisoning War where Ganondorf became Ganon, yet only mentions the Sages, not a Hero. So either the people telling the story remembered the villain and completely forgot about Link, or there's a timeline where the Sages had to do the heavy lifting.

I'm not big on the timeline debate, but I've always figured A Link to the Past as the square peg amongst the round (triangular?) holes. The first origin story was clearly developed before anyone on the development team had an inkling as to what "Zelda 64" would be about. So the only clean way to fit the classic games into the overarching story is an alternate timeline/universe.

I just find it ******ed that there's a timeline that's based on Link failing. If that is the case, shouldn't there be an alternate timeline after every game where Link fails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"