Offical The Legend of Zelda Thread

Discussion in 'Nintendo' started by Thread Manager, Mar 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]484509[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]373943[/split]

3. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

I'm aware there isn't much precedent for that, but I feel like it just makes too much sense for a number of reasons. Reissuing Wii U games on the NX would provide them with easy options for filling out their release schedule in those critical first couple of years when new software might be a little slow coming out. It would be an instant boost to their library, making the NX even more appealing, especially to those who didn't buy a Wii U. And most importantly of all, money. Nintendo made a lot of really great games on the Wii U and I have zero doubt that had they been released on a more popular console they would have sold several more millions copies each.

Keep in mind my thinking with this is that NX will sell much better than the Wii U, which isn't necessarily a smart assumption to make, but that's the angle I'm coming from.

4. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Goes Fishing In Latest Tweet. March 4, 2016 . 8:30am

“Malo” made a recent return to the official Japanese Twitter account for The Legend of Zelda,
    and this time his message focuses on fishing in Twilight Princess HD.

source: Siliconera

5. Tron Bonne

Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

The logic is sound, and it's not unheard of, since Nintendo do do a few re-releases of GC titles on the Wii, but it is Nintendo. You really just never know. At the very least I don't expect a port of Smash and MK8.

6. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

Hmm. Weird, I would think Smash would be one of their top priorities if they were to do this.

7. Tron Bonne

I feel like with Smash and MK, Nintendo puts their efforts into new iterations of the game. And realistically speaking, the Wii U version of Smash sold nearly 5 million copies, with the 3DS version selling nearly 8 million. I don't know if there's that many more sales to be had with a re-release. Would that many rebuy the game just because it was on a new platform? I mean, maybe, but I'm not sure, unless there was some type of incentive to do so outside having all DLC characters in one package. I think they'll just focus on Smash 5.

8. Soapy

Soapy Well-Known Member

I just think that Smash Bros. has a really, really long tail due to its large following and presence in the competitive space that keeps the series in the headlines. Nintendo has traditionally ignored the competitive Smash community, but in the last two or three years they've taken steps and shown interest in embracing it somewhat. But you're right, the Wii U version of Smash sold exceptionally well for a Wii U game. So theoretically it could be less about getting more Smash sales, and more about getting more visibility, exposure, and publicity for the NX.

9. zenith16

[​IMG]
    The Legend Of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s Hero Mode Makes The Difficulty Level Match The Atmosphere. March 7, 2016 . 1:30pm

Using the Ganondorf amiibo or turning on Hero Mode makes The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD’s circumstances feel even more dire

10. zenith16

[​IMG]

Latest Twilight Princess HD Tweet Highlights The Character Impaz. March 9, 2016 . 8:30am

In today’s message, Malo focuses on the character Impaz and how she was originally conceptualized as a man.

11. zenith16

[​IMG]

New Hyrule Warriors Legends Trailer Shows Amiibo Functionality. March 17, 2016 . 8:30am

The trailer shows off the game’s amiibo support and some of the various in-game bonuses that can be unlocked via different amiibo.

12. zenith16

[​IMG]
    Wii U, 3DS
    Hyrule Warriors: Legends Season Pass DLC detailed

Published 32 mins ago. 2 comments.

source: Gematsu

13. InspecktahDeck

InspecktahDeck Well-Known Member

I'd agree with that.

Speaking of you using Unreal Tournament music in your signature, by the way - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/specksunreal

14. Sithborg

Sithborg Oooh, plot twist!

Good news is that they have confirmed that the Legends characters will be able to be bought seperately, and you don't need to buy Legends to get them for your Wii U.

15. Tron Bonne

All the DLC for Legends will be available for the Wii U version, which makes me super happy.

16. zenith16

[​IMG]

Hyrule Warriors Legends Infographic Details All The Game’s Main Features. March 22, 2016 . 8:30am

Hyrule Warriors Legends release later this week for the Nintendo 3DS, and Nintendo UK has shared an infographic detailing the features included in the game.

17. zenith16

18. zenith16

two articles same place.

[​IMG]

Here’s A Hyrule Warriors Legends Comparison Video For 3DS, New 3DS, and Wii U. March 24, 2016 . 8:00am

The video gives us a look at the difference in framerates of the 3DS, New 3DS, and the original Wii U versions of the game.

57 Thoughts Read >

Also with

[​IMG]

Unboxing Hyrule Warriors Legends’ Limited Edition Version. March 24, 2016 . 10:00am

A recent unboxing video gives a look inside the Limited Edition of the 3DS game and what’s included in it.
    13 Thoughts Read >

19. zenith16

[​IMG]
    Wii U, 3DS
    Hyrule Warriors: Legends ‘DLC Pack 2’ adds Marin

Published 4 hours ago. 9 comments.

20. zenith16

[​IMG]

Watch The Hyrule Warriors Legends Panel From WonderCon 2016 . April 5, 2016 . 8:30am

At the panel, producer Yosuke Hayashi and director Hiroya Usuda from Koei Tecmo talked a bit about the game
    and also showed off the trailer for Medli.

20 Thoughts Read >

21. zenith16

[​IMG]

Wii U, NX
    Rumor: New Legend of Zelda coming to Wii U and NX, has male and female Link options

Published 9 hours ago. 236 comments.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  22. Rodrigo90

Rodrigo90 Wink wink ;)

It makes sense, especially to market it to both male and female demographics.
    I don't know if they'll change the core elements of Link being THE main protagonist. She may just be a side-character. But to get the choice of changing the sex of Link, the main character in 30 years, to Linkette, might be both an interesting and smart move.

And as for the voice-acting... I'm all for it. The silent charm, while I still accept it, is a bit outdated now.

23. Spidey-Bat

Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Clancy Brown for Ganondorf, please.

24. Tron Bonne

I have no issues with being able to chose between a male and female Link or anything, but I have a lot of doubts about it. Especially after the whole fuss was made when everyone saw the original footage, apparently forgot what a Zelda game was, thought Link was a female, and that got promptly squashed. It could be Link or a different female character, but that would probably end up causing a lot of extra work unless they just made all comments generic for a male and female, which is possible I guess.

I don't know, I'm going to remain skeptic on this one. Rogers track record is a little more hit or miss than the article seems to imply as well. She was the first to break the Paper Mario U story, but I remember she also stated that NOA had dropped Devil's Third, and was one of the 'sources' saying that Star Fox Zero was going to get delayed again and was potentially going to be outright canceled, both of which ended up not being true.

25. Benstamania

Benstamania Go away.

I don't believe it.. But it's stupid either way. Link has always we a boy.. Zelda a girl. If they want us to be able to choose female then let the female character be Zelda.

Let's not gender swap to please the SJW crowd.

I do hope that there is voice acting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.