Official 2009 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spidey-Bat

Ours is the Fury
Reaction score
Now that the World Series has come to a close, the 2008 off-season is upon us. Discuss!

NewYorkSpider's MLB Playoff Pool

When doing your picks PM me. Just first round only.

I'll need winners of each game, how many games it takes and the winner of each series.

Ex. Yankees in 5 1.)Yankees 2. Yankees 3. Tigers 4. Tigers 5. Yankees

Points System

2 points for picking each individual win.
4 points for picking the correct series. (So if you get two games wrong, but still pick the correct winner in the number of games you predicted, I'll still give you 4 points.)
6 points for picking everything correctly. (Meaning each game picked right and the correct winner of the series.)

Participants
NewYorkSpider
omid17
Fat_tONle
cyborg ninja 14
Kingfish
Spidey-Bat

Last edited:
Time to defend the title :)

Hot Stove:

Saw The Royals aquired Mike Jacobs for Leo Nunez.

The Orioles are discussing contract extensions for both Nick Markakis and Brian Roberts. New uniforms will be revealed November 12th. Go O's! :up:

The Orioles are discussing contract extensions for both Nick Markakis and Brian Roberts. New uniforms will be revealed November 12th. Go O's! :up:

Do you think they'll be really different? I can't see them changing much...

Angels exercised the options on Guerrero and Lackey. Declined Anderson's. All expected.

Angels exercised the options on Guerrero and Lackey. Declined Anderson's. All expected.

I don't think K-Rod will be back, and Texeira may sign elsewhere for biggest contract.

As for Yanks, they really do need another good arm or two, and get younger in the process. I hope they do something otherwise AL East will feature Red Sox and Rays battling for division crown in the next several years.

Extending Lackey and resigning Tex are supposedly their two main goals. They'll probablly offer Anderson around 5-7 million in addition to the 3 he got from his buyout. Then it'll just be if another team thinks he's worth more at this stage.

Tex is tricky. And since he's a Boras client, unlikely to sign until at least January. Gonna be a long wait and see on him.

Do you think they'll be really different? I can't see them changing much...

Road Uni's are supposed to say Baltimore on the them. So it isn't a major change. Although I think Orange Stirups would look cool.

2009 World Series Odds are already out.

Here is the full list, courtesy of BetOnline.com

Boston Red Sox 3/1
Chicago Cubs 5/1
LA Angels 5/1
Philadelphia Phillies 6/1
New York Yankees 6/1
Tampa Bay Devil Rays 10/1
Chicago White Sox 10/1
New York Mets 12/1
Milwaukee Brewers 15/1
Minnesota Twins 15/1
LA Dodgers 15/1
Toronto Blue Jays 20/1
Detroit Tigers 25/1
Florida Marlins 30/1
Houston Astros 30/1
St. Louis Cardinals 30/1
Cleveland Indians 30/1
Atlanta Braves 30/1
Arizona Diamondbacks 40/1
Colorado Rockies 40/1
Texas Rangers 50/1
Cincinnati Reds 50/1
Oakland Athletics 50/1
San Francisco Giants 80/1
KC Royals 100/1
Baltimore Orioles 100/1
Seattle Mariners 100/1
San Diego Padres 100/1
Pittsburgh Pirates 200/1
Washington Nationals 300/1

There banking on The Yankees make some serious additions (C.C)

All I ask is for one thing:

- Texas to win a playoff series. It sucks to be a fan of the only team in baseball to have never won a playoff series. I don't care if Texas gets swept in the ALCS, all I want is for them to win the American League Division Series.

But that's never going to happen.

First off season trade was completed between the Marlins and Royals. Jacobs for Nunez. Not completely unexpected. We have many options at 1st base and bullpen was a real weakness for us last year down the stretch from overwork earlier in the season. We Marlin fans expect this to be the first of many even with the owner saying our payroll can go up to 40million this coming year. Half our team is up for arbitration this offseason.

I predict that Lou Piniella will take a page from the Mike Singletary motivational handbook and drop his pants during the 7th inning stretch.

Wow, dodgers 15-1 odds. I should put 100$ down.

You might as well save yourself the time and just flush it down the toilet

All I ask is for one thing:

- Texas to win a playoff series. It sucks to be a fan of the only team in baseball to have never won a playoff series. I don't care if Texas gets swept in the ALCS, all I want is for them to win the American League Division Series.

But that's never going to happen.

But people in Texas never cared for baseball anyhow.

c'mon phillies make this a dynasty.......(ya right)
i heard the phillies are out to get ramirez.......is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"