Official 2012 Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Discussion

This show is alot of fun.
With cg shows things only gt better(look at the track record).

Only two issues. One, the world is surprisingly static/empty(partially cause it's night, partially cause it's tv cg). Secondly, the comedic character has the depth of the TF twins at this point...

Wanted to quick note how much I appreciate the way their eyes change/pupils disappear when they are in ninja mode. Very awesome.

No mutation of the week, pleasant to see that :up:
Mikey fleshed out and beats the show :up:
Clancy Brown as Chuck Norris :up:

One turtle flips the other with a regular leg sweep and that's a deadly move? Seriously? :huh:

does anybody else like the opening theme for this show? i like it, and i think its awsome

I wasn't really happy with the theme when I first heard it. But it's grown on me and I don't love it, I just like it.

I like that it keeps the same melodic base of the classic Fred Wolf cartoon theme. I never liked the 4Kids theme song it was very forgettable so it's awesome to have "heroes in a half shell, turtle power!" back. I'm really liking this series BTW. The Kraang's speech pattern has to be one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Very nice balance of humor and action in this iteration. Not too much or too little like in the last 2 animated shows.

Really don't care for the new theme song. Not as hype as the 87 theme.

I wasn't really happy with them using the 80s origin for Splinter but other than that I'm enjoying the show.

I think his name is baxter stockman

this episode was pretty good. i like how donnatello had a blade in his bo staff, just like mikey's nunchucks. i thought that baxter stockman was going to be white instead of black. aw well its just a minor quibbble.
when the turtles run they put thier arms behind thier backs.

it reminds me of naruto. i thought shredder was going to be in this episode, but i guess not.

I thought Splinter was going to fight Baxter after the turtles returned to the sewers from their first encounter. I hope we get to see the sensei in action at some point.

Saving him for Shredder and the Foot one would assume...

The old cartoon is the only one with a theme song I like

I can't say I liked what they did here with Stockman. They made him a joke.

Joke villains are fine, every now and then. But Baxter Stockman?

He should be a formidable antagonist.

I can't say I liked what they did here with Stockman. They made him a joke.

Joke villains are fine, every now and then. But Baxter Stockman?

He should be a formidable antagonist.

Yep. they damn near made Stockman " Urkel ".

Nice to see an ol familiar face in Baxter Stockman. Also nice to see them demonize Apple by calling him stockmanPod LOL

I like the theme song. But I've liked the theme songs for all three turtles cartoons.

As far as theme songs go for the 4Kids show, I really like Fast Forward and Back to the Sewers
The theme that stayed 5 whole seasons didn't appeal to me, still doesn't, when I first heard it I really missed the old tune

Finally saw the episode, and things I liked a lot:
Skinny Eddie Murphy with Richard Pryor hair style (Baxter)
Office people still joke about him even under threat. Too goofy
That Splinter quote I have now in my signature
Tossing Baxter in the trash can in the end, again
Bad guys always chase Mikey

I can't wait to see this Splinter fight. Also I would like to see Slash and Bebop and Rocksteady. They don't get too much love nowadays

I can't wait to see this Splinter fight. Also I would like to see Slash and Bebop and Rocksteady. They don't get too much love nowadays

i agree with you, i like to see splinter fight. but it would be a blast to see rocksteady & bebop. you never know we may get to see it one day.

metal head

this episode wasn't to bad. i like the robot that donni made it kicked all kinds of tail. where do those pink monster's go when ever they get defeated?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"