Official 2012 Nickelodeon Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Discussion

I've got my fingers crossed that Dog Pound and Fish Face keep on being anti-Bebop and Rocksteady.

Baseless speculation:The Krang are scattered throughout our dimension trying to perfect the Ooze as a weapon in their war with the Triceratons.

I can see that. Or maybe they're at war with the Nuetrinos.

I'd love to see a new interpretation of Bebop and Rocksteady. Not jokey though.

Perhaps members of the Purple Dragons?

Oh and…LOVED this weeks episode.

I always just assumed the gang that Bebop and Rocksteady belonged to were the Purple Dragons in the 87 toon.

I also want to clarify so as not to start any fights. I'm mostly referring to 2003's season 6 and 7 (fast foward and back to the sewer). They were pretty bad.

I still love the first 5 seasons and turtles forever...

Yeah, " Fast Forward ", and " Back to the Sewer " sucked, as well as the "Red Sky " episodes of the last season of the 87 toon.

Yeah, " Fast Forward ", and " Back to the Sewer " sucked, as well as the "Red Sky " episodes of the last season of the 87 toon.

I just started to watch Fast Forward... it sucks. I want to skip to Back to the Sewers but they say it sucks too so Idk.

Turtles Forever on the other hand is AWESOME. I wish I saw that in a theater :csad:

This weeks episode was so funny. Mickey's water balloons was great as well as Dogpund. The go-kart scene was great too!

I just started to watch Fast Forward... it sucks. I want to skip to Back to the Sewers but they say it sucks too so Idk.

It had nice moments, "DNA is Thicker than Water" is one of my favorite episodes.

Great episode. Dog Pound and Fish Face appear to be the new Bebop and Rocksteady and it's nice that they're legitimate threats to the turtles rather than being slapstick sidekicks.

Also, Leo and Mikey vs. Dog Pound for the win. I remember Leo/Mikey team-ups being the best kind back in the 2k3 days.

Great episode. Dog Pound and Fish Face appear to be the new Bebop and Rocksteady and it's nice that they're legitimate threats to the turtles rather than being slapstick sidekicks.

Also, Leo and Mikey vs. Dog Pound for the win. I remember Leo/Mikey team-ups being the best kind back in the 2k3 days.
"A job well don Mr. Leonardo" :funny:
I love that episode so much

This one is my favorite episode right now, it has the most memorable quotes
And I love Prankenstein's response to his brothers being disgusted by the pizza near the dumbster

mousers attack

this episode was alright. it had some action, i think leo and raph are good fighters than mikey and donnie.dog pound and fish face are eqivulant to bebop and rocksteady.i wonder if the turtles will ever beat shredder.
he's a badass, cuase he has killer moves.

i missed the whole episode so i don't really have any thing to say aboiut it.

Today's episode with Leatherhead was pretty good. I notice in this series he's closer to Mikey, as opposed to the 4Kids where he was buddy buddy with Don.

Da hell? There was a new episode today?

My DVR didn't record it apparently.

Great episode. Loved most of the moments between Mikey and Leatherhead. Don't think we'll be getting any new episodes until Jan?

I wish Mikey could get better as a fighter

I think they will all improve. It appears they currently have trouble fighting the mutants (DogPound, FishFace, Leatherhead) even as a team. And Shredder kicked their @$$es roundly. Its no surprise and should not be contested that Mikey and Donnie aren't as good at fighting as Raph and Leo. Mikey is fast and agile. Don is intelligent and strategic.

Great episode. Loved most of the moments between Mikey and Leatherhead. Don't think we'll be getting any new episodes until Jan?

That sucks! :p

I too loved all the Leatherhead/Mikey stuff. I think its cool they are friends in this one instead of Leatherhead/Don like in the 2003 show. Mikey loves unconditionally. Plus Donnie has April, Raph will eventually have Casey and Leo will have Karai? :0

To be honest I never stuck with the 2K3 cartoon long enough to see Leatherhead, so all I know of him is from the 80's toon. He totally needs a hat...

Is it true that the new episodes will come in January? was this a "mid-season" finale?

I think they will all improve. It appears they currently have trouble fighting the mutants (DogPound, FishFace, Leatherhead) even as a team. And Shredder kicked their @$$es roundly. Its no surprise and should not be contested that Mikey and Donnie aren't as good at fighting as Raph and Leo. Mikey is fast and agile. Don is intelligent and strategic.

That sucks! :p

I too loved all the Leatherhead/Mikey stuff. I think its cool they are friends in this one instead of Leatherhead/Don like in the 2003 show. Mikey loves unconditionally. Plus Donnie has April, Raph will eventually have Casey and Leo will have Karai? :0

What's so crazy is, in Mirage TMNT Mikey was the second best fighter next to Leo because he had more natural skill and used his enviroment in creative ways to aide him in battle. Ralph had more raw energy, Leo was better skilled, and Don was a borderline pacifist. I do get why Mike is closer to Nick's Leatherhead as oppose to Don's friendship with him in 4kids. But I always liked Leatherhead as a villian as opposed to ally, thats why Fred Wolf's Leatherhead will always be my favorite version.

I loved this episode! I think it's on par with "The Gauntlet", and even more rounded. It blended perfectly the action, the comedy and the menace. It was great. Anybody noticed the eye in the train sequence? I really hope that we see the Technodrome at some point.

What's so crazy is, in Mirage TMNT Mikey was the second best fighter next to Leo because he had more natural skill and used his enviroment in creative ways to aide him in battle. Ralph had more raw energy, Leo was better skilled, and Don was a borderline pacifist. I do get why Mike is closer to Nick's Leatherhead as oppose to Don's friendship with him in 4kids. But I always liked Leatherhead as a villian as opposed to ally, thats why Fred Wolf's Leatherhead will always be my favorite version.

Mikey is often shown as able to best Raph in battle. He's shown it in the 2003 cartoon and I think the third episode of the 2012. I think that's fair. It makes sense with what you said. He is more fluid and less emotional about his strikes. Like Aang against a firebender. ^_^ if you wanna cross contaminate nerdiness.

Not to mention, if you take away Raph or Leo's power in battle they have few saving graces. Raph is a jerk and Leo is uptight. Mikey helps to keep the team together, light hearted and compassionate. And as another poster said, he's the wildcard. He can drastically change the tide of battle in one direction or another. Watch the fight vs. Shredder again. He does some serious damage, but also almost dies. D:

EDIT: I was thinking of the battle v. Donnie in the 2012 show. Where he does backflips. My bad. Anyway, I do think Mikey could take Leo or Raph on an odd occasion. Like I mentioned about being a wildcard. I think that's part of the fun with Mikey. He is crazy. Playing "keep away" with April's cell phone, or the water balloon vs. DogPound. That kind of stuff is what makes him an asset to the team. haha.

Last edited:
Leatherhead: You are wise beyond your years.
Mikey: Yeah, I get that a lot.

I can't not laugh at that.

See, this is the thing I've noticed about Mikey and his fighting abilities. I know that the show constantly tells us that Leo and Raph are the better fighters, but based on feats alone, Mikey has shown the greatest fighting ability. I'd say he's on par with Leo and much better than Raph, again based on feats.

In the show so far. he pretty much soloed Bradford using Bradford's own kata, took down like ten foot soldiers in less than a minute (Never Say Xever), proved that he could fight without hearing or even seeing his opponent (vs. Splinter), was actually able to restrain Shredder (the only legitmate move the turtles performed on him), and performed a shuriken toss while rolling off the top of a building (this move is tied with Donnie being able to spin his bo staff on the back of his shell for my favorite moves in the show so far).

When he and Leo teamed up against Dogpound, neither turtle did better than the other. Raph hasn't really done anything, in my opinion, that shows he's better than Mikey outside of sparring matches. I wonder if this will be addressed later in the season where Mikey eventually is able to best Raph like in previous adaptations, but I love the way the show utilizes Mikey's agility and unortodox fighting style.

Man, this is really just an awesome show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"