Comics Official ALL-NEW X-MEN Discussion Thread

So did I. I think their friendship was the best thing to happen in Liu's run. The highlight of her run was X-23 and Gambit against Daken and all of Madripoor.

This talk is making me upset the book was cancelled :(. X-23 and Gambit is seriously one of my favorite relationship in the X-world and it's a shame they haven't been interacting

i wonder if they are then going to do a GIANT SIZE ALL NEW "All New X-Men' with younger versions of Storm, Wolverine, Banshee, Warparth, Colossus, Nightcrawler, Sunfire and a slightly older Cyclops. Also..why didn't they grab Prof. X from the 60s too? that way we can have him back?

^
Bendis will bring him back so way eventually as he's the one who didn't want him to die.

A bit on the new uniforms

Immonen’s new designs may differ from the original Jack Kirby designs, but they do offer a subtle callback to other artists’ work on the characters; namely Walter Simonson’s designs for the characters during the early days of X-Factor, as well as Werner Roth who drew the characters an early 1970s run on Uncanny X-Men. Lowe says that he, Immonen and Bendis talked about the various costume changes the characters went through over the years, but relied on Immonen’s abilities to do it without much direction. As Lowe tells Newsarama, his request to Immonen was pretty succinct.

ANXMEN2012018-DC11-LR-46a58.jpg

ANXMEN2012018-int-LR2-1-58e69.jpg

ANXMEN2012018-int-LR2-2-0d762.jpg

ANXMEN2012018-int-LR2-3-7cf47.jpg

ANXMEN2012018-int-LR2-4-d53ad.jpg

I LOVED this latest issues. After Battle of the Atom this is exactly the kind of writing I missed for my X-Men. Please Marvel, lay off the crossovers. You're derailing good storytelling.

I LOVED this latest issues. After Battle of the Atom this is exactly the kind of writing I missed for my X-Men. Please Marvel, lay off the crossovers. You're derailing good storytelling.
too bad they are about to be thrust into yet another crossover with the next arc

ALLNEWXMEN_023.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #23
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A/C)
Variant Cover by DALE KEOWN
"THE TRIAL OF JEAN GREY" PART 3!
• Jean is on trial and it's up to the All-New X-Men and Guardians of the Galaxy to get her free.
32 PGS./Rated T ...$3.99

I still don't understand the point of this arc. The Shi'ar have already tried Jean Grey and she paid her debt (Dark Pheonix Saga. Maybe Marvel has heard of it). Second, This Jean has committed no crime. It's like the witch hunt for Rachel Grey all over again. And third, there is No More Phoenix according to Hope and Scarlet Witch, so they have nothing else to worry about. Right??

I still don't understand the point of this arc. The Shi'ar have already tried Jean Grey and she paid her debt (Dark Pheonix Saga. Maybe Marvel has heard of it). Second, This Jean has committed no crime. It's like the witch hunt for Rachel Grey all over again. And third, there is No More Phoenix according to Hope and Scarlet Witch, so they have nothing else to worry about. Right??
Except we just saw the Phoenix Force alive and kicking in the last arc. "No More Phoenix" only meant no more Phoenix for now. It still exists out there and will eventually make its return. But IA with you. Its ridiculous to put Teen Jean on trial for acts she never committed and considering she ddint go back to her time, acts she likely never will do. And if they are so worried about the PF, then I don't see what the point of targeting Jean is bc AvX proved that anyone can become a host for it and be corrupted by that power. Why not go after Cyclops who was the last host that went crazy and destructive with it?

because they needed a way to make Angela more relevant in the Marvel Universe and her joining the Guardians wasn't enough. She needs more exposure and since the X-men are hot again right now.....

ALLNEWXMEN-CVR-024fin-f3a1b.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #24
VARIANT COVER BY DALE KEOWN
THE TRIAL OF JEAN GREY PART 5!
• X-Men and Guardians vs. Gladiator and Jean Grey’s fate lies in the balance!
• One of the X-Men’s lives will be forever changed!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

hmm. forced chemistry much? (Baby Cyclops/Femmeverine)

Everything about this book is forced
really don't understand how people are enjoying it

ALLNEWXMEN-CVR-025b-5bf00.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #25 & 26
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W)
ISSUE #25 - STUART IMMONEN, ART ADAMS, BRUCE TIMM, J. SCOTT CAMPBELL, SKOTTIE YOUNG, RAFAEL GRAMPA AND MORE! (A)
Cover by STUART IMMONEN
VARIANT COVER by RAFAEL GRAMPA
VARIANT COVER BY TBA
ISSUE #26 - STUART IMMONEN (A/C)
ISSUE #25 -
• OVER-SIZED 25th ISSUE!
• Artist Stuart Immonen is joined by a practical comic book artist hall of fame for this special landmark issue!
40 PGS./Rated T …$4.99
ISSUE #26 -
• THE BROTHERHOOD OF THE FUTURE IS BACK! And it doesn’t mean good things for the X-Men of the past!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

ALLNEWXMEN-CVR-027-final-3d3b1.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #27
75th Anniversary Cover by ALEX ROSS
75th Anniversary Sketch Variant by Alex Ross
• The Brotherhood of Evil Mutants from “Battle of the Atom” are back and still gunning for the ALL-NEW X-MEN!
• Jean Grey came back different from her trial. What does this mean for the rest of the X-Men?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Am I the only person who still doesn't see the point of having the original X-Men stuck in the present?

I don't mind them, it has made for some funny moments. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"