Comics Official AMAZING X-MEN Discussion Thread

Specter313

Ghost of all things X
Reaction score
1374427481.jpg

The room bursts into applause again as Singh asked who in the audience wants Nightcrawler back in the Marvel Universe. The room cheered again as the panel announced Nightcrawler will be in the brand new series “Amazing X-Men” by Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuinness.

“Firestar is going to take her place as a major X-Men character for the first time,” Lowe added, pointing to her on the cover of the first issue along with Azazel. The panel then called Aaron and had the room cheer into the phone.

“We’ve been having to keep this a secret pretty much since Jason was writing ‘Wolverine And The X-Men,’” Lowe said, adding that this book will answer where the little blue and red Bamfs have been coming from. “Nightcrawler is dead, but that’s not the end of his story,” Lowe continued, explaining Azazel is a pirate that is stealing something the X-Men need and Nightcrawler needs to stop him. The team on the book will also include Northstar, Wolverine, Beast, Iceman and Storm.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=46814

Singh asks the fans who wants Nightcrawler back: Most of them do! That leads Lowe to announce Amazing X-Men, starting in November 2013, from the team of writer Jason Aaron and artist Ed McGuinness.

"Nightcrawler is dead, but that's not the end of his story," Lowe says. The story will involve Azazel, Nightcrawler's father, as a "demonic pirate." "It is so good, I can't wait for you guys to read it." McGuinness is a major Nightcrawler fan and particularly enthused by this project, Lowe says.

The team will consist of Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Iceman, Northstar and Firestar — the latter who will start becoming a major X-Men character, Lowe says.

http://www.newsarama.com/18450-sdcc-13-marvel-x-men-panel-live.html

Nightcrawler's back and Firestar's finally in the X-Men. Awesome!!!! :woot:

I do love how Iceman and Firestar are in the book and it's called AMAZING X-Men.

As someone who remembers Spiderman and his Amazing Friends I'm so buying this book lol.

How's Firestar never been an X-Man? Lol. Spider-Man and his amazing friends was my first exposure of the X-Men.

is Firestar still married to Justice? ...now let's get HIM on the X-roster!

I care not about Firestar but it'll be nice to see the teachers and Wolverine's school actually do some superhero-ing for once.

I just want every one to have an X on their uniforms. I know this hasn't always been the case but its doing my head in that some do and some don't.

I care not about Firestar but it'll be nice to see the teachers and Wolverine's school actually do some superhero-ing for once.
I don't read it, but wasn't that the point of Astonishing X-men? Outside of that, it seems the rest have those roles filled up in Uncanny X-force or X-men

^
I want to see the kids actually do what the O5 are doing. The whole concept of X-Men fighting to protect & save a world that fears and hates them. Time to add kids to the teams when needed.

Oh cool northstar is still on an active xteam! Oh and so is iceman!

Funny that

I don't read it, but wasn't that the point of Astonishing X-men? Outside of that, it seems the rest have those roles filled up in Uncanny X-force or X-men

Right?? Doesn't help that most of this team is that team

AMXMEN001_COVfinal.jpg

AMAZING X-MEN #1
JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)
Blank variant also available
VARIANT COVER BY KEVIN NOWLAN
Nightcrawler variant by Milo Manara
Sketch variant by Ed McGuiness
Variant by Skottie Young
Deadpool variant by TBD
An AMAZING new era for the X-Men starts here! Ever since his Nightcrawler’s death in X-MEN MESSIAH COMPLEX, the X-Men have been without their heart and soul. After learning that their friend may not be gone after all, it’s up to WOLVERINE, STORM, BEAST, ICEMAN, NORTHSTAR and FIRESTAR to find and bring back the fan favorite fuzzy blue elf! Super star artist ED MCGUINNESS (HULK) joins master X-Writer JASON AARON (WOLVERINE AND THE X-MEN, X-MEN: SCHISM) to bring you the most exciting comic on the stands!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I didn't think the point of this first mission was to "bring Nightcrawler back". Earlier solicits just made it sound like Kurt needed help fighting his dad.

AMXMEN2013002covfinal.jpg

AMAZING X-MEN #2
Variant Cover by Milo Manara
• The X-Men, on the search for Nightcrawler, find themselves separated!
• Wolverine and Northstar are mysteriously in… heaven?!
• But where does that leave the rest of the team?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I'm hoping for somehow, someway, for there to be some Kitty and Nightcrawler interaction. I miss that. It may have to wait till a crossover event tho.

Still bothers me we really didnt see any reaction to Kurt's death outside of Wolverine.

Once Kurt gets back full time, I'm sure there'll be plenty of interaction w/ Kitty. I agree though, Wolverine seems to be the only person upset that he's dead. I jut hope he comes back less mopey about being jealous of Pixie's teleportation spell.

the team looks intereting enough but I wish I could say I was excited about this book. I dont really like the premise of the first arc and the art doesnt look good. Plus Aaron on board has me worried about its longterm appeal.

Oh and why oh why is Bobby back in this god awful black shorts? Do they think people will think he's nude if he doesnt have them?

Steroid future Iceman wears those dumb cargo shorts too. It's ridiculous.

maybe he isn't trying to make the ladies blush and the guys jealous..(and some of them blush too)?

amazing-xmen3-cvr-fin.jpg

AMAZING X-MEN #3
• BEAST UNLEASHED! Dr. McCoy is pushed over the edge and gives into his savage side like never before!
• The X-Men, split between heaven and hell, are in way over their heads!
• Can they get to Nightcrawler before evil Azazel does?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"