Apocalypse Official Apocalypse Blu-Ray/DVD thread

So gooood <3

XmenApocalypse4.jpg

Singer's closeups of Apocalypse's face in the movie really ruined for me how great this design actually is with the right angle from a little distance. :csad: But I understand he tried to offer Oscar Isaac a chance to show his acting under all this makeup.

That makeup just doesn't look right. They overdid his facial/head prosthetics.

I would've said just paint him grey, give him black lips going all the way to his ears and put three black lines on top of his head. That shouldn't have been so hard. And remove that awful skirt.

Oh well.

Apocalypse close-ups were very cheesy imo,he was alright from a distance though.

it's possable the DVD for APocalypse like the rogue cut has same extras

from fox's official store
https://www.foxconnect.com/x-men-apocalypse.html

when you click DVD it has special features.and it clearly is marked DVD but blu-ray or combo pack.

this wasn't first indication of it.both wal-mart and target also list special features with the DVD but if fox's own store lists it then maybe when the DVD i pre-ordered arrives it will have special features.

So I preordered the steelbook from Best Buy. Dissappointed to learn its only 2 discs and not 3. Its the blu-ray and DVD instead of 3D

Does anyone make custom Blu Ray slip covers?

The spine of this one (for 4K) sucks.

-R

Finally saw this, and I have to say I loved the mall scene. The movie gets more hate than it deserves (it is very middling and unexceptional, but it is no worse than the middle-of-the-road Marvel Studios movies and better than a few of their worst).

But that mall scene? Sheesh, should have been in the movie. Or better yet, the movie should have been made more along that tone at least for the protagonists until Apocalypse showed up. The movie would have been much better for it.

I'd rather have the middle-of-the-road vanilla MCU flavor into these X-Men movies than the mess that was X-Men: Apocalypse. It would have at least given us better imagery and visuals.

Aaaand here goes the MCU hate (on a Fox-related thread) again :o

Finally saw this, and I have to say I loved the mall scene. The movie gets more hate than it deserves (it is very middling and unexceptional, but it is no worse than the middle-of-the-road Marvel Studios movies and better than a few of their worst).

But that mall scene? Sheesh, should have been in the movie. Or better yet, the movie should have been made more along that tone at least for the protagonists until Apocalypse showed up. The movie would have been much better for it.

Agreed that Apoc gets too much hate, its not as good as DOFP, (though in my view few CBMs are) but i would take it over plenty of Marvels and DC's efforts, even some of the ones I like.

I'd rather have the middle-of-the-road vanilla MCU flavor into these X-Men movies than the mess that was X-Men: Apocalypse. It would have at least given us better imagery and visuals.

Disagreed completely, Apoc was better than a good few of the MCU movies imo.

Agreed that Apoc gets too much hate, its not as good as DOFP, (though in my view few CBMs are) but i would take it over plenty of Marvels and DC's efforts, even some of the ones I like.

Agree 100%.

Apocalypse Is hardly the best X-men film.that is still X2 with DOFP a runnerup.

I am going to have to disagree.the mall sequenze should have been cut.If any
of deleted scenes should have been kept they should have been

storm/xavier conversation
magneto singing to his dead family
cyclops and beast at mansion and origin of the visor
xavier/mystique convesation outside the mansion.

i was at wal mart today it's official apocalypse has these special featires

audio commantary
galley
gag reel

i am just happy i will get something and be able to hear the audio commantary.

i was at wal mart today it's official apocalypse has these special featires

audio commantary
galley
gag reel

i am just happy i will get something and be able to hear the audio commantary.

That just the DVD version?

Bought X-Men Apocalypse

L8eqcse.jpg

05kCTAo.jpg

pW4BKJN.jpg

qaS55Ns.jpg

Last edited:
I bought and watched the regular DVD yesterday. We had fun watching it. Not the best movie nor the worst.

Completely agree. Also, in terms of cinematography, this might be my favorite X-Men film. Each sequence has its own unique look, and it's a gorgeous film, especially in HD.

Last edited:
I bought and watched the regular DVD yesterday. We had fun watching it. Not the best movie nor the worst.

Apocalypse defently isn't the best X-Men film.that is X2 with both cuts of
DOFP close behind.when my dvd arrives i am going to do marathon of every
film in series from X-Men to Apocalypse.right now i would say i would place first X-Men over apocalypse but apocalypse ahead of first class,the wolverine,
and Deadpool.glad i will be able to listen to singer and kinberg's audio
commantary.their one on the theatical cut of DOFP with rogue cut was very intresting.

I will add this to my collection mostly because I own both FC and DoFP,but Apocalypse is nothing more than mediocre. It's definately better than both DC abortions this year but after such good X-Men movies this one was a sore thumb.Bad script,mediocre production value,mediocre action,mediocre everything. It's this saga's X3 and I probably prefer it over Apocalypse.

I will add this to my collection mostly because I own both FC and DoFP,but Apocalypse is nothing more than mediocre. It's definately better than both DC abortions this year but after such good X-Men movies this one was a sore thumb.Bad script,mediocre production value,mediocre action,mediocre everything. It's this saga's X3 and I probably prefer it over Apocalypse.

while i still haven't seen surcide squad,which as major batman fan says somehting itself,i disagree with apocalypse as mediocre but that's your preference just like it's my preference to hate spider-man in Civil war.

and no X film could be worse than Last stand.I would rather watch origins than it,and origins isn't great eather.and Apocalypse left franchise in better shape than last stand.

good news.i got confirmation from amazon my copy shipped and will arrive by tomorrow evening.then i can watch it with singer and kinberg commantary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"