Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame General Discussion Thread!

Have they given a name to the Battle in Endgame?

Avengers - Battle of New York
AOU - Battle of Sokovia
Infinity War - Battle of Wakanda/Battle of Titan

Battle of New York 2? Battle of Earth?

And he discusses it with Nebula indirectly.

Nebula: I wasn't always like this.
Rhodes: Me either. But we work with what we got, right?
I thought he was referring to how he used to be played by Terence Howard. /s

Anyway, saw the newest Star Wars and there were two scenes that felt like a complete rip off of Endgame.

In the final battle, Poe thinks they are outnumbered and doomed, when a familiar voice comes over his intercom followed by a shot of everyone who came to help.

Then, in the end, the Emperor says “I am the Sith!” and Rey responds with “...and I am.... all the Jedi!”

Anyway, saw the newest Star Wars and there were two scenes that felt like a complete rip off of Endgame.

In the final battle, Poe thinks they are outnumbered and doomed, when a familiar voice comes over his intercom followed by a shot of everyone who came to help.

Then, in the end, the Emperor says “I am the Sith!” and Rey responds with “...and I am.... all the Jedi!”

The first one reminded me more of Ready Player One.

No but it’s fair to compare the two biggest movies of the year using very similar moments.

Great point and great line.

I kinda just wish we had gotten a small scene of him maybe nervous or debating whether to continue being War Machine due to his injury but knowing the team (and the world) needed him.
In this case I would point to the series not a specific movie already stuffed with content. Colonel Rhodes made that explanation at the end of Captain America Civil War when telling Tony Stark he knew that this was a possibility before he took his oath as an USAF officer

While real life amputees have remained in service he had Stark tech to remain in service with even greater disabilities

Can someone please tell me why so many people on Twitter and elsewhere are turning on this movie all of a sudden and are now saying it sucks? I though everyone loved it when it came out! If it has something to do with Joker, I swear to God.....

You swear to God what? Your first thought about people turning on Endgame is it maybe having something to do with Joker? Reed Richards wouldn't even make that stretch.

Dude, people turn on big movies all the time, whether because they don't like it after all, to be contrarian, the reasons are endless. Look at stuff like The Dark Knight trilogy or Avatar or endless other highly acclaimed films that people suddenly turn on and declare that they're bad or start really looking deep to point out flaws or criticisms. Endgame is no exception to that.

what's War Machine's role going forward? I'd love to see him in some future films but at the same time I feel he'll just be further sidelined. Kinda hoping rumors of a WM series on Disney+ might actually come to fruition by 2022. It'd give Cheadle something to do to keep the character relevant.

Just re-watched IW today (2nd viewing since EG's release) and re-watching EG tomorrow.

Love EG, but i have to admit - IW is the better film in story, structure, score, pacing and tension. It feels more coherent, serious and Thanos just brings it on a whole other level. Everything is on full cylinders - Iron Man and Strange are awesome (both in NY and Titan), Cap is very cool in the short amount of screentime he has, the Thanos/Gamora stuff is serious, and Thor is the absolute MVP of the film. It never lets go from the very beginning and you feel the heroes are in constant danger throughout the film. Last, but not the least - visually stunning in terms of the orange and purple color undertones. I've seen IW around 14 times and always think how amazing it is every time the credits roll. No critiques and always a 10/10 experience.

EG, while the perfect culmination of 10+ years of build-up, has its issues. It is slow paced, some of the time travel logic makes things messy, Thor's character is changed extremely and looks like comic relief (despite of that not being the intention) and Hulk (despite of undoing the Snap) is also brought back to do jokes and lacks the intensity and brute force of A1/Ragnarok Hulk. Also, them fighting 2014 Thanos at the end and not the IW one feels... weird. They have history with him, but he barely knows any of them. Most of the brought back characters don't even know they are fighting a different version of him. I love the final fight, but i still feel like it could've been better if it was the same Thanos. Lastly, the film feels very muted and grey in terms of colours. Seen the film around 8 times and always have some critiques by the end of the film. Can't say the same for IW. However, Cap and IM in EG are absolutely everything and the film is phenomenal in delivering all the emotional and action bits. The last hour is perfection 8.5/10.

That being said, i love both IW/EG and think they are amazing.

Last edited:

:funny: I thought the same thing, especially with how jokey they made him in Endgame.

Super distracting. And the issue is not that the films have similar scenes, but that they are so close in release to each other, and that the scenes in question worked for Endgame but not really for TROS, so it feels like a bad ripoff.

Can someone please tell me why so many people on Twitter and elsewhere are turning on this movie all of a sudden and are now saying it sucks? I though everyone loved it when it came out! If it has something to do with Joker, I swear to God.....

This has happened a few times. Maybe because it isn't as good as people originally thought?

After the hype has died down, people start to assess the film without all the emotional connection and personal bias people have for it. I know I didn't like the movie as much as alot of other people do. I tried. I watched it 3 times on bluray but alot of the mishandling of characters, meandering pacing issues, plot conveniences, and killing Thanos too early, ruins the movie for me. If it wasn't for the final battle, this would've been a terrible Avengers movie.

was this film the best we've seen of Rhodey/War Machine in the MCU or just the most screentime?

A 31 strong Avengers team (Not including your unnamed Wizards, Wakandans, Alien Alllies and Howard)! I never thought we'd see something like this in live action. And we may never see this hero lineup ever being surpassed onscreen, at least in terms of size. But then again, there are an awful lot of X-Men.

Dude, it's all good. It's also a testament to how important Endgame really is.

"Spider-Man 2 isn't that great! Him losing his powers and basically having the superhero version of erectile deficiency is stupid...!"
"Dark Knight is so overrated! They brought back the sonar suit from Batman Forever and Two-Face was only in it for like, 15 minutes!"
"Marvel movies always have to force humor in them! They are for kids, not like DC movies! Release the Snyder cut!"
"Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse was just a kids movie. I don't get the appeal."
"Endgame makes no sense! The time travel but with Old Cap needs to be explained! Hulk didn't do enough! Ugh...for kids!"

All these arguments show up, and those comic films are all still untouchable. Endgame will be untouchable for some time, too. Let it roll off, man. Joker is the new "hot" movie, and it's the best DC film that's come out (supposedly, I haven't seen it) since Dark Knight...mainly because it's not the Suicide Squad Joker.
It won an Oscar, and it was super dark...with a GREAT performance from a GREAT actor who deserves the Oscar. However, it didn't have the solid script/direction Dark Knight had (from what I've heard), and Phoenix's performance is the only universally praised part of the film...whereas Dark Knight should have at LEAST been given a best picture nom. Instead, Slumdog Millionaire won. Anyone still have that film in a collector's edition Blu-Ray that they watch once a year/month/week? Nope.

Love what you love, man. Haters gonna hate.

Dude, it's all good. It's also a testament to how important Endgame really is.

"Spider-Man 2 isn't that great! Him losing his powers and basically having the superhero version of erectile deficiency is stupid...!"
"Dark Knight is so overrated! They brought back the sonar suit from Batman Forever and Two-Face was only in it for like, 15 minutes!"
"Marvel movies always have to force humor in them! They are for kids, not like DC movies! Release the Snyder cut!"
"Spider-Man Into the Spider-Verse was just a kids movie. I don't get the appeal."
"Endgame makes no sense! The time travel but with Old Cap needs to be explained! Hulk didn't do enough! Ugh...for kids!"

All these arguments show up, and those comic films are all still untouchable. Endgame will be untouchable for some time, too. Let it roll off, man. Joker is the new "hot" movie, and it's the best DC film that's come out (supposedly, I haven't seen it) since Dark Knight...mainly because it's not the Suicide Squad Joker.
It won an Oscar, and it was super dark...with a GREAT performance from a GREAT actor who deserves the Oscar. However, it didn't have the solid script/direction Dark Knight had (from what I've heard), and Phoenix's performance is the only universally praised part of the film...whereas Dark Knight should have at LEAST been given a best picture nom. Instead, Slumdog Millionaire won. Anyone still have that film in a collector's edition Blu-Ray that they watch once a year/month/week? Nope.

Love what you love, man. Haters gonna hate.

Pretty sure most would say the same about the score as well, and I can say that having seen the film- not just heard.

But anyway, back to Endgame and people overly dissecting movies after they've come out...

Endgame was a masterpiece, and I will continue to believe that decades down the line. The ambition and gall it took to actually film it is a feat.

It's kind of sad of when we'll see another movie akin to this and I'm wondering if it's going to be the one where FF and X-Men are on the screen at the same time or another Justice League movie but those are not for the foreseeable future.

It's kind of sad of when we'll see another movie akin to this and I'm wondering if it's going to be the one where FF and X-Men are on the screen at the same time or another Justice League movie but those are not for the foreseeable future.
Spider-Man, the Avengers, the Hulk, the Guardians of the Galaxy...all at once. It would take the FF and the X-Men joining with some of the old guard to achieve that level of awesomeness. And you are totally right...we're a ways off from that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"