Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame News & Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

palewest

Civilian
Reaction score
I don't think there's a thread for Avengers 3 now that Avengers 2 has its own forum. Let's get it going here!

Phase 3 includes Ant Man, probably Captain America 3 and Thor 3, plus the long rumored Doctor Strange, climaxing with Avengers 3. Which Avengers will assemble to square off against Thanos? Will the Guardians of the Galaxy appear?

Films with the most connections will likely be Thor 2 & 3 as well as Guardians. How's it all going to play out? And how will things continue afterwards? We know Marvel has plans all the way down to 2021.

Avengers: Infinity Gauntlet.

I can't see the third film having anyone other than Thanos as the main villain...

Tom's recent comment about wanting Loki to have more of a fight with the Hulk is quite interesting. I can see Loki coming back for the third film, given he serves as the link from Thanos to the Avengers - he knows the team.

If the movie is split into two parts I'd think it should be named:
The Avengers: Thanos Imperative
The Avengers: Infinity War

If it's just one then:
The Avengers: Thanos Quest/Imperative

The Avengers: Infinity War

I had speculated that that would be the title for the second one when we all still thought Thanos was gonna be the bad guy. I think it works great, and it's a good nod to the comics.

So...!

How about that Thor 2 mid-credits scene! Simultaneously teasing both Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers 3.

Thanos, Graviton, Korvac, The Hood, Kang any of these as the big bads :woot:

They have the MCU mapped out to 2021. I doubt they're going to do AoU in 2015 and then take a six year hiatus. I'm expecting Avengers 3 in 2018 and Avengers 4 in 2021. I don't know who owns Kang but perhaps we could see him appear with the Time Maguffin in Avengers 3 or maybe Surtur or the Masters of Evil. I can't see Thanos coming to be until the finale (most likely leading to Star Trek 2009 style reset so they can recast).

Thanos comes to Earth looking for Dr. Strange who has the last infinity stone. Split the movie in two and have the end all be all battle royal

Avengers/Defenders/Shield/Sword/Nova Corp/Guardian's of the Galaxy Team-Up

Nick Fury (Dies/LMD)
Maria Hill
Captain America
Iron Man (Missing since AoU)
Thor (Dies)
Warrior's Three
Hulk
Black Widow
Hawkeye (Dies)
Antman
Wasp
Dr. Strange
Scarlett Witch
Quicksilver
Daredevil (Dies)
Power Man
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist (Dies)
Black Panther
Iron Patriot
Guardian's of the Galaxy
Nova Corp

Last edited:
Picture the scene.......

Kevin Feige's at the Comic Con Avengers panel 2016. He addresses the crowd.

"Yeah, we're super excited about this movie, it's all come together so well and after the success of Age of Ultron, I'm sure everyone and their grandma will be queing up around the block to see this too."

*Crowd laughs* (Ultron did $1.88bn at the boxoffice)

"With the 1st two Avengers movies and the solo outings, the process has become slicker and slicker for us to innovate. With the technology we're using and various new techniques we've developed, Marvel bring the movies you all enjoy watching and we love making."

*Crowd shout and cheer*

"For this 3rd Avengers movie, Marvel have surpassed themselves. I've spoken to many of our tech wizards and all of them say things are in place to bring the audience a very special movie experience."

*Whoops and cheers echo around the room*

"Marvel wants ofcourse to make this special, give the characters and the story an appropriate ending if you like, although the MCU will continue for many, many years to come as you probably know.

So the question was, what could we do? Some people said make the 3rd Avengers a two parter, 1st movie in May, 2nd one in December.

Sounded ok but that's been done before and after all the solo outings our heroes have had, a 2 part movie seemed unnecessary.

So we decided to make it a trilogy instead."

*Crowd goes crazy*

What about the UU storyline Grand Theft America for Avengers 3?

There were so many awesome and shocking elements in that story...we would have the return of Loki...an "evil" avenger-like team...and the reveal that Natasha is a double agent...what do you guys think?

That story was great, but i don't want Natasha to become a double agent, or a villain, i hope the Hydra incident made her side more obvious. But i don't think that storyline should be used for Avengers 3, maybe for the film after, but as badass as the idea sounds, the MCU is just too politically correct to make the villains be a team of various countries trying to take over America.

If they make Black Widow an agent for evil, I'll walk out of the film. That worked for Millar's verse, it does not belong in the MCU. It would be akin to using the Ultimate characterizations for Pym and Hulk (who has a habit of eating people.)

So what are the chances the Netflix heroes show up to battle Thanos? Would Marvel throw them in there and just assume most folks saw the Netflix shows therefore the would have very little introduction?

For the final battle, dependant on how they approach it, sure. But I doubt they'd have any other substantial role whatsoever.

So what are the chances the Netflix heroes show up to battle Thanos? Would Marvel throw them in there and just assume most folks saw the Netflix shows therefore the would have very little introduction?

i would assume so. to fight thanos you had a lot of characters go at thanos. so i would like to see the majority of MCU characters go at home..

What is these tweets I hear about Jennifer Lawrence in Avengers?

It's from E-News SDCC round-up - probably a reference to when Paul Rudd jokingly mentioned 'that chick from the Hunger Games' when asked who he'd team up with in The Avengers. Nothing more too it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"