Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame News & Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is interesting. I'm curious as to why the need to reconstruct the tower in the background?? The statues are the same as in the AOU shot, which means The battle of New York still happened.
I'm sure it'll be for a Fantastic reason. ;)

Reactions: CJ
Not seeing her at the beginning of IW on Thor’s ship was a big miss. I wish we’d seen Thor, Loki, Hulk, Valkyrie, Heimdall, Korg and the Asgardians try and put up a fight rather than just seeing the aftermath. Maybe Endgame will show a flashback of what happened to her there.
Another question is how and why Hulk was hiding the whole battle? He is not the most stealthy guy.

Another question is how and why Hulk was hiding the whole battle? He is not the most stealthy guy.
True. I can only imagine pizza food coma or post pizza food coma dump! Unless he somehow turned back into Ruffalo I really can’t see him hiding away when he would have been more use fighting at the same time as the others.

True. I can only imagine pizza food coma or post pizza food coma dump! Unless he somehow turned back into Ruffalo I really can’t see him hiding away when he would have been more use fighting at the same time as the others.
I always figured that at some point he had morphed back into Banner, and that the attack came too swiftly (Thanos did have the Power Stone behind him) so that there wasn't really enough time to react, and then Banner would have changed, and Hulk would have had to make his way from wherever he was to Thor/Loki's location (with Loki sensing his coming).

Think it may have been dangerous Hulk fighting wild & out of control on a space ship, like he did on the Hover-Carrier in the original film. Thor may have asked Bruce to stand down, until their was no choice.

I think it's been confirmed that he was helping people to escape in another part of the ship. The ones that got away with Valkyrie.

I think it's been confirmed that he was helping people to escape in another part of the ship. The ones that got away with Valkyrie.

I figured that’s what he was doing. They probably should’ve added a line or two to clear things up, though, because it’s way too easy to assume that he was just standing around doing nothing.

That doesn't sounds remotely ... Hulky. It's not the sort of thing Hulk would do; he'd be there with Thor and Loki fighting if he was in Hulk mode.

I figured that’s what he was doing. They probably should’ve added a line or two to clear things up, though, because it’s way too easy to assume that he was just standing around doing nothing.
They can't add a line in for everything that doesn't make sense though; that would imply a dumb audience and a much longer film. :p

Confirm by whom & when? Is there a link?
I too would like to see this link. I can't for one minute believe Hulk was helping get people out. It's just not in his character. He'd be at the forefront.

He was waiting for his cue. HULK is a trained actor.

That doesn't sounds remotely ... Hulky. It's not the sort of thing Hulk would do; he'd be there with Thor and Loki fighting if he was in Hulk mode.

That's making the assumption that there wasn't fighting required for for that. They said that the ship was attacked in several places so he was fighting off whatever threatened those people.

I theorized a long time ago that it was actually Banner who went with Valkyrie, Korg, Miek... to help the asgardians board an escape ship. Then Banner choose to stay behind so he could have Hulk helping out if needed. Now this would perfectly fit with everything that happened in IW and the fact that Hulk didn't want to be used by Banner anymore.

OR they just wanted to have a cool nod to the original Avengers film by having Loki introducing the secret weapon in a fun role reversal.

OR they just wanted to have a cool nod to the original Avengers film by having Loki introducing the secret weapon in a fun role reversal.
True. At the same time one kind of needs some sort of explanation to why Thanos neither the Black Order noticed Hulk for all the time they used to take out Thor, Heimdall, the asgardians...

I mean, yeah, that’s the actual reason, but there needs to be an in-story reason for it as well.

I don't disagree, but how would you handle that and still keep the Hulk reveal intact? If you cut to a shot of Hulk saving other people on the other side of the ship, you ruin the gag. They wanted the gag (and to have a scene where Thanos gets to talk about what he's planning without having to fight a green rage monster) so Hulk had to be absent. I don't mind. If you explain later that Hulk took his time because he was on the other side of the ship or something...It feels pointless. Who would say that and in what context? In a film like IW where you're juggling so many characters, you simply don't need that extra line.

I don't disagree, but how would you handle that and still keep the Hulk reveal intact?

I don’t think it needed to be a reveal so much as a fun callback to the first movie.

Ebony Maw is a powerful psychic who probably, with a great deal of effort, could restrain the Hulk in much the same way as he did Doctor Strange.

Once Loki starts his speech, we could cut back to Hulk and see that he’s starting to regain consciousness. No one notices but Loki. That gives him the confidence needed to speak proudly and set up the line. Once it’s uttered: Hulk breaks free and the movie continues as it did in real life.

They wanted the gag (and to have a scene where Thanos gets to talk about what he's planning without having to fight a green rage monster) so Hulk had to be absent. I don't mind. If you explain later that Hulk took his time because he was on the other side of the ship or something...It feels pointless.

Not at all. It adds to the drama of the situation. It could be assumed that having one of their heavy hitters absent for so much of the battle might’ve contributed to the total loss of life. If Hulk had directly assisted Thor and allowed, say, Korg to get everyone to safety instead, there might be a lot more Asgardians alive today.

There’s obviously no way to know that, but I don’t think it would’ve been all that difficult to work that into the scene where Thor confides in Rocket.

In a film like IW where you're juggling so many characters, you simply don't need that extra line.

You’re right. You don’t need it, but why put yourself in the position for people to start asking questions in the first place? I don’t even think Hulk looked battle damaged, so what was he doing while Thor, Loki, and Heimdall were getting their **** rocked?

It’s a tiny thing and doesn’t even come close to ruining the movie, but it is something to think about.

Look, I think you're absolutely right "I Am The Knight" it was nod to Tony's "Avengers" announced introduction of Hulk to Loki himself...no doubt.

However...I agree with "Boyscout" there need to be a reasonable explanation why Hulk was not present, when Asgardians were murdered/dying and Thor/Loki being held captured at guantlet point.

As far as how to handle it in that scenario...simply, after Bruce makes his way to that area of the ship, after assisting Valkyrie with the refugees, he quietly sneaks up, listen to the conversation, much like Starlord & Co. did at Knowhere later in the film. Loki & Bruce make eye contact, Loki give his nod, and Bruce quickly change into Hulk & ambush Thanos.

"Titan heroes"? Hmm...
Don't read too much into it. "Titan Heroes" is just the brand name for that action figure line that Hasbro has been releasing for years before Infinity War/the planet Titan was even mentioned onscreen.

But at the end of Ragnarok it was left uncertain if Hulk would change back into Banner. So it would have been a disconnect to see him as Banner at the start of IW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"