Endgame Official Avengers: Endgame News & Speculation Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMAX listed Avengers 4 as an April 2019 release. I'm guessing they're going to do the same thing they did with Infinity War and release it worldwide the same weekend.

http://****************.com/movies/imax-avengers-4-listed-april-2019-release/

Looks like it's happening because the dutch release date has suddenly been shifted from MAY 2, 2019 to APRIL 24, 2019!:woot::up:
Pushing Avengers 4 back a week helps out Disney's Aladdin and hurts Shazam!, Pet Sematary and The Voyage of Doctor Dolittle a bit.

That's downside of this move.I want to see both DC and Marvel do well.

I would like DC and Marvel to both succeed...but I want to see Avengers 4 as early as possible :o

I haven't been this excited for a movie since The Avengers!

^^ I'm excited too.:yay:

Thinking of Infinity War's opening night makes me feel warm inside. Every emotional beat got the audience response you hope for. There were cheers, laughter, gasps, applause, tears and even hugs (yeah, really). I've never experienced anything quite like that before!

^^ I'm excited too.:yay:

Thinking of Infinity War's opening night makes me feel warm inside. Every emotional beat got the audience response you hope for. There were cheers, laughter, gasps, applause, tears and even hugs (yeah, really). I've never experienced anything quite like that before!

Don't get me wrong, I was super pumped for IW. Super, super, super pumped. But I am more excited for Avengers 4 even. IW was amazing, but Avengers 4 is the proper conclusion to the story, and I cannot wait to see how it all ends (especially as it builds off the amazing movie IW was). IW was a great movie to see in the theater, and I had the same experience. I cannot wait to see how they top it.

Don't get me wrong, I was super pumped for IW. Super, super, super pumped. But I am more excited for Avengers 4 even. IW was amazing, but Avengers 4 is the proper conclusion to the story, and I cannot wait to see how it all ends (especially as it builds off the amazing movie IW was). IW was a great movie to see in the theater, and I had the same experience. I cannot wait to see how they top it.

I'm with you there. As excited as I was for Infinity War, even before its release I was still more excited for Avengers 4 because there'll for sure be even more payoff in that than in IW. We're talking most likely scenes featuring [BLACKOUT]every hero we've been introduced to all together in the same place and Cap finally getting the chance to say "Avengers Assemble". [/BLACKOUT] (All speculation, but spoiler tagged just in case)

That "butt-double" information is kind of interesting because of some of the timing involved. That butt needs to be available in September AND October. That seems like a lot of time for reshoots.

The sooner the better for me. I think moving it to April and basically doing the world release again is big. This should also help Captain Marvel out because they are only a month a some days apart. I also prefer a longer break until Spider-Man. This movie deserves all the time to sit and let us enjoy. I will still see Spider-man but the feeling and hype might not be that high.

Looks like it's happening because the dutch release date has suddenly been shifted from MAY 2, 2019 to APRIL 24, 2019!:woot::up:

That's downside of this move.I want to see both DC and Marvel do well.

Should be 24-25 April in Singapore too and likely 26 April in the states

I don't want to see DC doing well. As a customer they have disrespected me time and time again with awful movies and their fans are some of the most obnoxious elitist lot because they had Dark Knight 10 years ago. SMH.

That "butt-double" information is kind of interesting because of some of the timing involved. That butt needs to be available in September AND October. That seems like a lot of time for reshoots.

Principal photography for IW/A4 was done even before Thor Ragnarok, Black Panther and Ant-Man & the Wasp were completed. Stands to reason that they'd want more time to fine-tune Avengers 4.

New Avengers 4 Theory Teases The Origins Of X-Men In The MCU
http://****************.com/movies/avengers-4-theory-suggests-origins-x-men-mcu/

Considering they moved the last release date up to avoid major spoilers, it's not a surprise they are doing it again. Shazam! should be fine. These movies are so front loaded that it will make most of its money in the first 2 weeks anyway.

Has anybody seen this? The Russo brothers' instagram account supposedly posted the title of the art piece "Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity" by Yayoi Kusama, teasing the title of Avengers 4. The post was deleted quickly.

_34ca70a8-a224-11e8-9345-8d51f8ed9678.jpg

The art piece:

136921.jpg

Has anybody seen this? The Russo brothers' instagram account supposedly posted the title of the art piece "Aftermath of Obliteration of Eternity" by Yayoi Kusama, teasing the title of Avengers 4. The post was deleted quickly.

_34ca70a8-a224-11e8-9345-8d51f8ed9678.jpg

The art piece:

136921.jpg
I don't think it means anything even with GOTG2 hinting at Eternity.

New Avengers 4 Theory Teases The Origins Of X-Men In The MCU
http://****************.com/movies/avengers-4-theory-suggests-origins-x-men-mcu/
I quite like this theory. Would make perfect sense, and [they] don't necessarily have to of come into contact with the Mind Stone.

No pictures but the description of a figure from the movie's toyline has some interesting implications.

There's going to be an Iron Man figure that for some reason comes with an alternate swappable Scott Lang head. It sounds like at some point in the movie Scott either gets a new suit from Tony or has to don the Iron Man suit for some reason.

I quite like this theory. Would make perfect sense, and [they] don't necessarily have to of come into contact with the Mind Stone.

I honestly don't understand the fixation people have with Wanda being a mutant, given she's never had much to do with the X-Men, and how her best stories are mystical, and her rogues gallery is entirlely mystical. It just underlines how people know nothing about the character's powers or history.

Last edited:
Because most people who were familiar with the twins prior to AOU knew them in the context of being mutants. The retcon was stupid and unnecessary, so it'd be fitting to see it un-retconned now that Marvel has Fox.

I'll say again that the way Wanda was described in Civil War - an "enhanced individual" who is hated by the media and considered dangerous by the public - is basically a mutant in all but name. It's not a stretch to think that she already is whatever mutants will be in the MCU.

Different people have different ideas about this character - since she's had so many different origins and even parents, everyone fills in what they think the "real" version is - but I think being a mutant, and particularly the first mutant on the Avengers, is a big part of the character's history that can't be avoided.

If they tried to make her Magneto's daughter in the MCU I would groan, though. That is definitely something that is a minor part of the character's comic history but was blown up into being bigger than it was by the X-Men cartoons and the House of M storyline. Fortunately making her Magneto's daughter would be much more complicated than the MCU likes to make origin stories.

No. Infinity Stones were the maguffin for the first 10 years and have culminated their story with IW. I don’t think they should keep relying on using them for other things as well.

Is there a reason why we dont have a specific A4 forum yet?

Is there a reason why we dont have a specific A4 forum yet?

Probably just waiting on an official title before they create one.

No pictures but the description of a figure from the movie's toyline has some interesting implications.

There's going to be an Iron Man figure that for some reason comes with an alternate swappable Scott Lang head. It sounds like at some point in the movie Scott either gets a new suit from Tony or has to don the Iron Man suit for some reason.

That could mean nothing if it's a Marvel Legends figure. Those usually have Build-a-Figures that include different parts with each figure in the wave. If Ant-Man is the Build-A-Figure for that wave then it would just be Scott's head arbitrarily packed in with Iron Man, no different from Okoye's head being packed in with Black Panther earlier this year:

BLP-Legends-6-Inch-Black-Panther-pkg-600x600.png

Because most people who were familiar with the twins prior to AOU knew them in the context of being mutants. The retcon was stupid and unnecessary, so it'd be fitting to see it un-retconned now that Marvel has Fox.

Whether or not it's stupid is a different story, but it was necessary because Marvel legally couldn't use the word "mutant" at the time since Fox still had control of the X-Men and mutants fell under that category.

I was referring to the corresponding retcon in the comics, where they suddenly decided wait, no, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were not mutants anymore.

That could mean nothing if it's a Marvel Legends figure.

It's not part of a Build-a-Figure wave. It's a special two-pack with Iron Man and Nebula.

I was referring to the corresponding retcon in the comics, where they suddenly decided wait, no, Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver were not mutants anymore.

It's not part of a Build-a-Figure wave. It's a special two-pack with Iron Man and Nebula.
Oh right, I forgot they did that. As for the figure...hmmm...well that was my best guess. We'll just have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"