Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But with added owls

And I really had hoped Lincoln March would turn put to be a genuinely good guy because it just seemed so obvious that he would turn out to be a villain so this twist isn't really shocking apart from the Wayne connection

he is truly a fan of tony daniel's work kekekeke ^_^

So it would seem :ninja:

Haven't read the issue, but read the spoiler. Sounds like Snyder pulled the trigger on the callback Morrison toyed with.

Yeah, but at least Morrison was only a pseudo revival of Thomas Jr. this is just entirely inferior. At least in my eyes.

There are only three 'evil long lost relative' stories that are good

Batwoman: Elegy
Star Wars
Venture Brothers

more and more snyder is feeling like a poor man's morrison.

How can you forget the original Metal Gear Solid!?

Also, **** this reveleation. Seriously. The Grayson and Haly Circus stuff was already too out there, but now this? Snyder has really gone downhill in my book.

I really hope that whatever comes next from Snyder is better than this story arc has turned out :csad:

1. I've always said that Snyder was just copying Morrison's ideas. :o

2. His actual story really hasn't deteriorated in quality yet though, IMO. Maybe issue #9 felt a bit decompressed, but outside of that, it's still a thoroughly enjoyable read.

i thought it started out solid enough. i had reservations early on, but went with it anyways. then it started getting overly drawn out, over staying its welcome, and the story telling became rather cheap.

How were issues 7&8 drawn out, though?

I mean, I wouldn't have wanted the Owls' attack to be over and down with in a issue or less...

It felt a little padded out to me but that might have been because of the tie ins

Yeah, exactly. People seem to BR considering the tie-ins part of the story.

They're not. They're just the usual dumb editorial ploy to make as much money off the story as possible.

How were issues 7&8 drawn out, though?

I mean, I wouldn't have wanted the Owls' attack to be over and down with in a issue or less...

Exactly.

My only problem with the Hush run was that the final battle with him was like 7 pages long at most.

You know what would have made this a great story? None of this rubbish from issue 10. Rubbish I say. Complete rubbish. Stupid Rainman plot. So so so so so so dumb.

despite how awful the ideas were in issue 10, there was at least hope that they might be written well. buuuuuut, they werent. not at all. this issue was just complete failure.

Eh, the book wasn't that bad. I didn't hate it like I thought I would. If Bruce HAD to have a brother, cool. Whatever. There's an interesting dynamic that exists there. It, however, would have been cooler if Lincoln March was still a good person. As it is, he'll probably die in the next issue for real this time, thus totally wasting him as a character. It was well written, but it's an idea that's been done too many times and one I don't quite care for. I'll finish this arc out and trade-wait the rest. I'm dropping DC anyway.

Also, if Morrison's hyper-continuity thing is still in play for Batman, this story, a reference to a pre-crisis story in World's Finest, is fair play.

I think the first half of the issue was really good, but the 2nd part wasn't that badly written, this however makes me remember the end of the Hush storyline, which was writen 10 years ago.

Snyder talking about #10
1339620708.jpg

1339620676.jpg

1339620678.jpg

At the end of the day the Court of Owls becomes a one-man-villain the Owlman. Personally? James Woods is my Owlman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back