Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows. Maybe it'll be written very well and turn out to be an enjoyable read. It's just that this is a plot twist that has been done so many times before in comics (and media in general) that I can't help but feel 'meh'.

Plus, it brings the question how this bypassed Bruce's awareness. Did he not notice his mom was pregnant for nine months? Figured she was just hiding a basketball under her clothes for kicks and giggles?

at three years old, do you remember things like that? :huh:

And Tomasi delivers again with Batman & Robin 10. :awesome:

So...
After the Waynes died, Alfred didn't know about the baby? No one at the hospital knew about the kid? (who the kid was) If he was born when Bruce was 3, and they died when Bruce was what, 8? 9? 10? How long was the kid recovering for? babies born 5 months premature don't stay in the hospital as long as that kid...

Alfred knew about the kid because his father told him about it. Did they tell everyone, even Alfred that she had a miscarriage in the car accident?

Swiss Cheese guys. Loved Snyder. I still do, but it can't end this dumb. (meaning there is more to the story)

Last edited:
I gotta mull over the reveal in Batman 10. I liked the story well enough, but wow.

I liked everything else in the issue except for the reveal and the backup. Unfortunately, those are kind of important. Alas, poor Snyder, is your greatness at an end scarcely after it began? :csad:

Honestly...I'm not even mad about the reveal anymore. It'd be hypocritical to like something like Damian Wayne, but hate this.

What I can't accept is Snyder ripping off Morrison again...with a dash of Jeph Loeb for good measure.

Bruce: Hey Alfred didn't I have a brother or something

Alfred: No master Bruce you must have imagined it

Bruce: But

Alfred: YOU IMAGINED IT

Honestly...I'm not even mad about the reveal anymore. It'd be hypocritical to like something like Damian Wayne, but hate this.

What I can't accept is Snyder ripping off Morrison again...with a dash of Jeph Loeb for good measure.
I hate Damian too, so I'm safe. :)

at three years old, do you remember things like that? :huh:

I remember EVERYTHING!!

Actually, I wrote that prior to reading the issue, and went off knowing only that Martha was pregnant when Bruce was young. I presumed him to be older than three.

But even if Bruce has no memory of a potential brother when he was a kid I'd expect someone of Bruce's ingenuity and resources to have looked into every facet of his family, especially with the Return of Bruce Wayne story arc, and recovered records of a once existing brother.

Or like others have said, Alfred would have said something by now.

Okay, here's what I'm calling:

Snyder has already said in the interview to hold out until issue 11 to see if what Lincoln said is true. My guess, the Court of Owls are responsible for a Wayne's death; the actual Thomas Wayne Jr., Bruce's little brother.

In the past, they followed up on their threats and through some action cause Martha to have a miscarriage, resulting in the death of their unborn son and keeping Bruce as an only child.

The current "Thomas Wayne, Jr." is a random child selected from that corrupt hospital to be a Talon and implanted with the memories to act as one more psychological FU to Bruce for his daring to oppose the Court. Or they set him up as the long lost Wayne to legitimize/provide strength and backing to his growing political aspirations under the Court's guidance. This will be revealed to Bruce during the fight throughout issue 11. Lincoln will go down and Bruce will be haunted by the knowledge that the organization robbed him of a brother he'll never have.

We'll see in another month, I guess.

Yep. He's not as bad anymore, granted, but I'd still rather have him not exist if I had my druthers.

I know this is a bit late considering how long the arc has gone on for now, but how many secret orginzations has Batman had to go up against by now?

We have:
League of Assasins/ Leviathan
Order of St. Dumas
The Black Glove
The Court of Owls

Is that it or am I missing some?

Yep. He's not as bad anymore, granted, but I'd still rather have him not exist if I had my druthers.

I actually agree with this. As good a character Damian turned out to be, I prefer Bruce without a biological son.

I remember EVERYTHING!!

Actually, I wrote that prior to reading the issue, and went off knowing only that Martha was pregnant when Bruce was young. I presumed him to be older than three.

But even if Bruce has no memory of a potential brother when he was a kid I'd expect someone of Bruce's ingenuity and resources to have looked into every facet of his family, especially with the Return of Bruce Wayne story arc, and recovered records of a once existing brother.

Or like others have said, Alfred would have said something by now.

Okay, here's what I'm calling:

Snyder has already said in the interview to hold out until issue 11 to see if what Lincoln said is true. My guess, the Court of Owls are responsible for a Wayne's death; the actual Thomas Wayne Jr., Bruce's little brother.

In the past, they followed up on their threats and through some action cause Martha to have a miscarriage, resulting in the death of their unborn son and keeping Bruce as an only child.

The current "Thomas Wayne, Jr." is a random child selected from that corrupt hospital to be a Talon and implanted with the memories to act as one more psychological FU to Bruce for his daring to oppose the Court. Or they set him up as the long lost Wayne to legitimize/provide strength and backing to his growing political aspirations under the Court's guidance. This will be revealed to Bruce during the fight throughout issue 11. Lincoln will go down and Bruce will be haunted by the knowledge that the organization robbed him of a brother he'll never have.

We'll see in another month, I guess.

Read my spoiler above.

:dry: @ bruce twirling the bullets that killed his parents and keeping them on a bookshelf

I thought we got past that angsty business in batman and robin #1?

And Tomasi delivers again with Batman & Robin 10. :awesome:

I loved it, so many great moments

That whole thing with the maiden was delisciously gross.

And yeah basically Dr.Hurt called, he wants his schtick back. :o

batman and robin has proven to be the best bat title on the shelf.

I've heard a lot of bad things about #10 so far. I'm looking foward to picking it up though regardless.

:dry: @ bruce twirling the bullets that killed his parents and keeping them on a bookshelf

I thought we got past that angsty business in batman and robin #1?
Batman's never not gonna be broody. The bullets thing seemed fine to me.

batman and robin has proven to be the best bat title on the shelf.

Just read it and I agree, I loved the final Tim/Damian scene really progressed their relationship. Can't wait for Damian to go toe to toe with Jason since there's a ton of witty lines that can come from that.

Personally, I would love to see when Damian "fights" Dick to ask him why Dick "left" him with Bruce. I think that would be a nice touching moment.

What went down between Tim and Damian?

Man, I miss being able to read Tim's comics. :csad:

Okay, so...

With regards to Alfred, why assume he knew about Thomas? Just because Jarvis wrote letters to him that speak of the child doesn't mean he received them. Indeed, the story pretty much demands that he not have read the letter being written in this story.

This could go either way (in more ways than one) so I'm not forming an opinion yet. I'll wait till issue eleven to decide what I think, if it turns out this really is Bruce's brother. It would feel almost appropriate to redefine the mythology so significantly, considering the reboot.

My one glaring problem right now is that the Wayne's hid the child. Why? It doesn't make any sense. "My child is sick or hurt, so I shall keep him a secret" doesn't make a lick of sense.

Hopefully issue 11 clears this up.

I actually agree with this. As good a character Damian turned out to be, I prefer Bruce without a biological son.

I think Damian fit a lot better with the older, pre-reboot Bruce Wayne, but I'd much rather have him around than not. Progression is still progression, even if they're counter-intuitively turning the clock back while they do it.

Okay, so...

With regards to Alfred, why assume he knew about Thomas? Just because Jarvis wrote letters to him that speak of the child doesn't mean he received them. Indeed, the story pretty much demands that he not have read the letter being written in this story.

This could go either way (in more ways than one) so I'm not forming an opinion yet. I'll wait till issue eleven to decide what I think, if it turns out this really is Bruce's brother. It would feel almost appropriate to redefine the mythology so significantly, considering the reboot.

My one glaring problem right now is that the Wayne's hid the child. Why? It doesn't make any sense. "My child is sick or hurt, so I shall keep him a secret" doesn't make a lick of sense.

Hopefully issue 11 clears this up.

I had assumed they had put him in hiding because of all the threats Martha was receiving. She's be really paranoid after the car accident. Then again, we'll just have to wait until #11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"