Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any of you guys read Lil' Gotham? It's a great, easygoing series that seems to go through various holidays. Nothing too serious, just there to put a smile on your face.
I was a bit disheartened not to find it in my local comic store, but I only today realised I could buy the issues online so I'm pretty happy all around :D

Have any of you guys read Lil' Gotham? It's a great, easygoing series that seems to go through various holidays. Nothing too serious, just there to put a smile on your face.
I was a bit disheartened not to find it in my local comic store, but I only today realised I could buy the issues online so I'm pretty happy all around :D

I've been reading it from the beginning and yes tonally it's just too cool. The fact that it has Damian is also a plus. It's pretty much the only thing keeping my disappointment at the cancellation of Superman Family Adventures at bay. Thank God for Lil' Gotham and JL8.

It is a really adorable comic book :up:

Batwoman was fab this month I love that it looks like Kate might be fixing things with her dad during this arc. And I'm really hoping she does get Beth back though I'm really worried that the 'Alice' persona is going to end up surfacing again and Kate and her sister are going to find themselves enemies. I think that the moments when Beth seemed more rational might have been an act...

And I :hrt: that Maggie was the one to get through to Kate and get her to accept Jake and the others help with getting Beth back

Also read Batgirl this week and it has just supported my belief that all ventriloquists are terrible people and that their dummies are crafted by Satan out of evil trees :ninja:

With the exception of the second arc, Batwoman's been fantastic. But from the last two issues of the Medusa arc to now, it's just been absolutely phenomenal. It's probably one of the best books on the shelves from either company.

Killer Croc is back next issue Oberon :awesome:

With the exception of the second arc, Batwoman's been fantastic. But from the last two issues of the Medusa arc to now, it's just been absolutely phenomenal. It's probably one of the best books on the shelves from either company.

Absolutely agreed :up:

It's my favourite comic book that either dc or marvel publish right now and its in my top three comic books of all time as well :hrt:

And Kate Kane is my favourite superhero of all time...no other hero even comes close to how much she means to me :)

Really glad you're loving the series right now Hobbit I agree its been so fantastic with this current arc so far

I love Bette's new look and that she and Kate are teaming up again too and I'm so happy that Kate and Maggie are engaged now :hrt:

I tried reading the last few issues of Batwoman again after dropping it last year.

Eh, it's better than it was, but is still pretty mediocre.

I dropped it right around the time Wonder Woman came in after months of boredom. Then I skimmed the final issue of the Medusa arc and realized how good it looked and bought the issue prior to that as well. I got caught up to that point and LOVED them, then I kept going and have been really enjoying it. I make a list of my comics in the order that I enjoy them and after a recent update I've realized that Batwoman is #1 for me right now.

The Medusa arc of Batwoman was so terrible to the point that I was on the verge of dropping the book. Luckily the issues after that awful arc, the quality shot back up to my high expectations.

The Medusa arc of Batwoman was so terrible to the point that I was on the verge of dropping the book. Luckily the issues after that awful arc, the quality shot back up to my high expectations.

Oh... That's where i dropped it, haha.

I was going through some old comics the other day and found the Batman 80 page special from early 2010. For some reason, I had never actually read it. Weird, I know. It was mostly good, but I LOVED the story about Alfred and the prostitute.

Well, it's not what you think. It takes place during the period where Dick was Batman and Bruce was dead. It starts in the middle of a snow storm. Alfred picks up a young prostitute. You learn that he has been coming to see her a lot. He takes her to some fancy party, him in a tux and her in street walker clothes. People point and talk, but he tells her to not mind them, and how she isn't dressed any more ridiculously than the costumed heroes that run around Gotham. Some guys make some rude comments, and Alfred basically humiliates them and gets food/drink trays spilled on their expensive clothes by a series of clumsy "accidents" on his part. He take her up to his room, and you learn that he has bought he some normal, warm clothes to bundle up in, and he takes her to a bus station for a fresh start. He gives her some money and tells her that he "knows people" so her record has been wiped clean, so she can start completely over in the small town she is going to.

Nice. I considered buying that comic at the time, but if I remember correctly it was quite expensive. Like $8 or something?

$5.99 I think. It's at home and I'm at work, but yeah, probably about double what most comics were costing at the time (at least DC was Drawing the Line at $2.99 back then).

By the looks of villains month the new Ventriloquist is here to stay. I like her though I am going to miss Wesker

Maybe they'll still have him and Scarface around as the new ventriloquist is a very different sort of character

I dropped it right around the time Wonder Woman came in after months of boredom. Then I skimmed the final issue of the Medusa arc and realized how good it looked and bought the issue prior to that as well. I got caught up to that point and LOVED them, then I kept going and have been really enjoying it. I make a list of my comics in the order that I enjoy them and after a recent update I've realized that Batwoman is #1 for me right now.

It's my absolute favourite comic book as well :atp:

There are other comics I also enjoy but if i ever found myself so low on cash that i could only buy one comic a month, i could honestly drop ALL those other comics on my pull list as long as I could still buy Batwoman each month

Its the one comic I most look forward to and care about :hrt:

I see that Burnham did the cover for Two-Face 1#. hopefully he draws that issue as well.

So.... Anybody gonna checkout Batman #21

It's not bad. Hoping this arc will get the book back on track after the overlong, tedious, derivative snorefest that was Death of the Family. The opening few pages are the most interesting part of the book, but it's mainly a set-up chapter so I can forgive that.

Just so no one has any illusions: Year One is completely out of continuity now. If you want to read this book, it's best to accept that fact beforehand.

The good news is I've never read Year One... so that doesn't bother me at all.

Maybe now I don't have to be confused everything Bruce rings a bell while looking at a bat on a statue :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"