Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...Batwing. Talk about unexpected. I may check it out as it could be fun, but I also would've preferred a Nightrunner series. Definitely my fave character to come out of Inc. Or hell, even Gaucho. Still, we'll see.

Is Batwing the African Batman

I might check his comic out as well as buying the Batwoman ongoing series and the Catwoman ongoing series and possibly the Birds of Prey series depending on what the writer is like

This one page summarises why Dick and Damian were awesome.

10339305.jpg

Remind me again which issue this is from?

Batman #700, the "Today" story.

Anyone else see that Capullo is redoing his cover to Batman #1?

Also, that's definitely Katana on the cover of BoP right?

TDKR is highly overrated. :o
We're not talking about TDKR. :o

We're talking about how Year One is nothing more than Batman's previously written origin stapled onto an average origin story for Jim Gordon. :o

But the art was good. :o

I like "Year One" a lot, I only despise what Miller did to Selina Kyle, since he apparently cannot do something else with female characters and, if we are to believe John Byrne, Miller just didn't know that she already HAD an origin and didn't even bother to do some research... He didn't even realize that the idea of Gordon's wife giving birth to Barbara didn't work, yes that's right, the kid wasn't planned as Gordon's son, it was Barbara... And no editor dared to stop him... Really, Denny O'Neil destroyed as much as he has created when it comes to Batman...

Well, "DKR", I like the first two chapters, but the thing is: when it read this stuff for the first time I was very young, back then when it was released, I didn't really get all this political satire and all.

Last edited:
We're not talking about TDKR. :o

We're talking about how Year One is nothing more than Batman's previously written origin stapled onto an average origin story for Jim Gordon. :o

But the art was good. :o
We're talking about Miller, which means we're talking about TDKR. :o:o:o

I really didnt like Gordon cheating on his wife in Batman: year one

Anyone else see that Capullo is redoing his cover to Batman #1?

Also, that's definitely Katana on the cover of BoP right?

I think it might be Lynx from Red Robin

But it could be Katana

I want a Jim Gordon book. Not a Jim and Batgirl book. Not a Jim and other cops book. I want a book where entire issues center around Jim Gordon trying to figure out his Tivo or how to make pudding when Barbara isn't home.

We're talking about Miller, which means we're talking about TDKR. :o:o:o
You're talking about Frank Miller. :o

I'm talking about YO's overratedness. :o

:funny:

I wonder what shows Commisioner Gordon has on his Tivo

I respect you more now.

CConn said:
It was meant to make him a flawed individual, and thus, more compelling.

Oh yeah i understand why they did it i just didnt personally like that story

Lone Wolf said:
And kickass!

:up:

True 'dat

I like "Year One" a lot, I only despise what Miller did to Selina Kyle, since he apparently cannot do something else with female characters

Yeah how dare Miller maker her strong and independent! Also was it really bad that she was a Dominatrix considering she already had the whole whip thing going on? It's not like she was a ****e.
and, if we are to believe John Byrne, Miller just didn't know that she already HAD an origin and didn't even bother to do some research

Or maybe Miller just wanted to tell the story he wanted? DC seemed to have given him free reign and like Miller has said, DC just keeps making things from his stories canon, not the otherway around.

Yeah how dare Miller maker her strong and independent!

Like there aren't any other ways. Sadomasochism should not be part of an all-ages series like Batman. Although many here might see it differently.
Also was it really bad that she was a Dominatrix considering she already had the whole whip thing going on?

Yeah, that MUST be connected.

It's not like she was a ****e.

I know that, many tend to forget it.

Or maybe Miller just wanted to tell the story he wanted? DC seemed to have given him free reign and like Miller has said, DC just keeps making things from his stories canon, not the otherway around.

"Year One " was always intended to be canon, but not in a reboot way. It was just there to re-tell the first year of Batman which has never really been part of a story, except you might see the early 39 issues as the starting point.

Miller just didn't care and nobody stopped him. "just wanting to tell a story" doesn't count when you work in an already established universe. It makes you just lazy or ignorant. If Miller was such a great writer he would have done his research and found a way to match his vision with the facts.

...it wasn't supposed to be a reboot?

I thought it was always tied to COIE, and the after-affects of that event.

...it wasn't supposed to be a reboot?

I thought it was always tied to COIE, and the after-affects of that event.

How exactly was it a reboot? They retconned some stuff, but Batman's old continuity was still valid, unlike Superman's and Wonder Woman's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"