Official Blackest Night Thread

Alright gang, I thought we could all work together and compile a list of all the recently deceased in the DCU.

Martian Manhunter
Superman-2
Lois Lane-2
Jonathan Kent
Zor-El
Ted Kord
Wildebeast
Dr. Light
Panthra
Kid Zoom
Weather Wizard's kid
Ronnie Raymond
Sue Dibny
Ralph Dibny
The Question
Laira
Mrs. Rayner
Jade
Jack Drake
Captain Boomerang
Airwave
Rocket Red
Alexander Luthor
The Royal Flush Gang
The Ventriloquist

That's all I can think of.

I have a feeling that the books tying into Blackest Night will deal with the impact of certain characters' death and their return as Black Lanterns.

Like in the Batman tie-in, the new Batman might be expecting to see Bruce back, with several dead people popping up, but since he really isn't dead he won't be a Black Lantern. And if some of the Black Lanterns come back from the dead, maybe deal with the aftermath of not seeing Bruce return.

Teen Titans would be an obvious place to deal with Superboy.

Justice Society of America and Power Girl would deal with Superman-2, Jade, Dr. Fate, Atom.

Justice League of America can do a Black Lantern League with Martian Manhunter, Ronnie Raymond, Aquaman, and Elongated Man.

Titans would probably deal with Lilith over characters that no one gives a damn about like Pantha, Wildebeast, and Bushido.

Secret Six can do Knockout.

Granted that these many characters probably won't return, but one I do kinda expect is Air Wave since he's Hal Jordan's cousin.

Here's a preview for Blackest Night #0, courtest of IGN and Newsarama:

BlackestNight01.jpg

BlackestNight02.jpg

BlackestNight03.jpg

BlackestNight04.jpg

I made a mess in my pants :grin:

How can Aquaman be dead? He's back. But where is Aquanewb now?

Limbo. They'll probably just forget he exists, which would be a shame, since he wasn't a bad character. He wasn't Aquaman, but he still wasn't a bad character.

Just bring back the real aquaman aquahand and all!

well aquaman has not pulse that's the whole point right? is that he's not actually DEAD, but the black ring counts him as dead?

I thought he showed up in Final Crisis. Was that another Earth's Aquaman or something?

Damn.... ever read something, then immediately wished you could unread it? I just stumbled upon some HUGE Blackest Night spoilers, and now I'm pissed at myself for reading them. :(

Ooh, where? I don't really give a s*** about spoiling Blackest Night for myself.

Damn my snooping nature....but I must know. No! No. Remember Dark Knight. Remember how much you ruined for yourself. Don't do it.

Last edited:
Do people want me to post this? I'm reluctant to, as like I say... these are HUGE spoilers. I'd of course spoiler-tag them, but I'd be worried about others showing less discretion in their responses, and ruining it for those who wish to remain unspoiled.

EDIT: Soulless posted it in the other thread.

Last edited:
Oh noes. Damnit. Why'd I look? Damnit all to hell.

It's all on your own shoulders if you want to read them :p

Im not going to. Im just hoping that people don't with what they post

I reiterate: BUUUUUUUHHHHH

3dtard3.gif

Okay wait I don't understand. That looks like it's from some kind of officially-released magazine ad something thingy. So...DC is going to officially release that info this week or something? That info?? 'Cause that's a hell of a thing to release on the backs of their comics. It spoils, like, everything.

And Blackest Night has eight issues? Really? Are we sure?

I'm just being thorough. 'Cause, seriously, BUH. :dry:

Unless [BLACKOUT]Alan dies and Kyle switches teams[/BLACKOUT] in Issue #1, that would be ridiculous to release.

Unless [BLACKOUT]Alan dies and Kyle switches teams[/BLACKOUT] in Issue #1, that would be ridiculous to release.

Try Blackest Night #0, since it would seem that's where [BLACKOUT]the checklist will be published[/BLACKOUT]

Last edited:
Well it's not out yet. Plus it's, y'know, free. So you could still get it...

I totally theorized that would happen. Never out loud, but I had a feeling. Well, in my theory [blackout]Alan dies and Kyle carries on his ring[/blackout], but I guess we know that second part's probably not gonna happen now.

I dunno though, I'm still not ruling out this being one giant prank. But apparently, according to the original poster, only the first part of those previews is gonna be released anytime soon. The rest won't be till later.

Just seems like one hell of a lot of comics to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"