The Avengers Official Clark Gregg/Agent Coulson Support Thread

I thought Whedon might kill Coulson but
Poniboy was on set and he said that the person who dies is not the Son of Coul.

Hrm... it's not
him
& it definitely won't be Cap, Thor, Hulk or Iron Man. Who could it be?

I think Hawkeye is safe since Renner is becoming a rising star & I think he could support a solo Hawkeye or SHIELD movie. I can't see Widow or Fury dying, but who knows. We'll see in a month anyway.

Watch it be
Maria Hill.

Hrm... it's not
him
& it definitely won't be Cap, Thor, Hulk or Iron Man. Who could it be?

I think Hawkeye is safe since Renner is becoming a rising star & I think he could support a solo Hawkeye or SHIELD movie. I can't see Widow or Fury dying, but who knows. We'll see in a month anyway.

My guess is that it's
Happy Hogan who dies. Tony Stark was very emotional and near tears when talking about the character, who was definitely male. He said, "He wasn't a soldier! We aren't soldiers in Fury's army!" which rules out the SHIELD agents. That also rules out Rhodey/War Machine. It's someone close to Tony and I can't see them inventing or introducing a new male BFF just to kill him off. Favs has moved on and might not be available for IM3. Plus, Happy is dead in the comics now. So I'll put the $.02 on my desk on poor Mr. Hogan biting the dust.

Last edited:
My guess is that it's
Happy Hogan who dies. Tony Stark was very emotional and near tears when talking about the character, who was definitely male. He said, "He wasn't a soldier! We aren't soldiers in Fury's army!" which rules out the SHIELD agents. That also rules out Rhodey/War Machine. It's someone close to Tony and I can't see them inventing or introducing a new male BFF just to kill him off. Plus, Happy is dead in the comics now. So I'll put the $.02 on my desk on poor Mr. Hogan biting the dust.

I can buy that; plus with
with Jon not returning as Director for the third film, this would be the best way for his character to make a exit from the MCU without having to go through the hassle of having to reprise that role in IM3.

No indication that he's even in the movie. New guess, it'll be whoever Stan Lee cameos as in this film.

No indication that he's even in the movie. New guess, it'll be whoever Stan Lee cameos as in this film.

Well I'd argue that there was no indication that Pepper would be in TA until we saw that clip of her as Pepper in the Japanese trailer, so you never know.lol

I don't think its really imperative though to make it known that Happy Hogan is in the film either. If he dies, what would that take? maybe a couple takes and a few hours, at most? fly in, die, fly out lol.

I bet if it was absolutely awesome and with some humor, I bet Stan Lee would probably go for it.

I don't think its really imperative though to make it known that Happy Hogan is in the film either. If he dies, what would that take? maybe a couple takes and a few hours, at most? fly in, die, fly out lol.

I bet if it was absolutely awesome and with some humor, I bet Stan Lee would probably go for it.
Favreau was on set a couple times in Cleveland and in New York, but I think that was mainly because he's also an executive produce on the movie.

My guess is that it's
Happy Hogan who dies. Tony Stark was very emotional and near tears when talking about the character, who was definitely male. He said, "He wasn't a soldier! We aren't soldiers in Fury's army!" which rules out the SHIELD agents. That also rules out Rhodey/War Machine. It's someone close to Tony and I can't see them inventing or introducing a new male BFF just to kill him off. Favs has moved on and might not be available for IM3. Plus, Happy is dead in the comics now. So I'll put the $.02 on my desk on poor Mr. Hogan biting the dust.

Ohh, I like this theory. I haven't seen the clip tho, can someone link me?
I'll play twice that bet to see Tony emotional!

Ohh, I like this theory. I haven't seen the clip tho, can someone link me?
I'll play twice that bet to see Tony emotional!

It's not a clip available online or that was seen by any of us. It was something that those who were able to write down set reports based on their visit to the set was able to see being filmed during their time there.

RIM, who saw The Avengers today, has been tweeting about the movie. Good news for fans of the Son of Coul:

Jeff Rothman ‏ @amazingjr87
@RIMRises Just say yes or no: Does Coulson beat the hell out of 1 of the aliens in #Avengers?

Antonio Stark ‏ @RIMRises
@amazingjr87 COULSON IS HAVING A BLAST IN THE MOVIE! WEAPONS & S**T, y'know))

I hope that means Coulson gets that miniaturized Destroyer with a trigger he asked SHIELD's R&D people to make in the Avengers Prelude comic book. :word:

I really really hope we don't see an army of mini-destroyers in this movie..

I wonder if the aliens will try and overtake the Helicarrier at some point..That would make it prime time for Son of Coul to kick some alien ass.

If Fury were to die that would make a lot of sense from a "story telling aspect" often times in these "dysfunctional family" stories they don't all come together till the one guy that believed in them dies.

I hope not from an MCU angle....but it would certainly make sense from how to make a compelling story with real stakes.

and if Fiege is legit about wanting the stakes to be "long lasting" in the Marvel Universe...that could certainly be something that would change things (like Stark/Coulson taking over for SHIELD)

I doubt Coulson goes anywhere he is way to popular with the fans and because he isn't a big name actor but good his production+salary is about as efficient as it gets (I basically just used some pro sports analogies there haha)

I really really hope we don't see an army of mini-destroyers in this movie..

That came from the Prelude comic, where Coulson made life miserable for his R&D department by asking them weaponize the Destroyer's energy beam. He wasn't asking for mini-Destroyers, but for guns that could duplicate that weapon. "Now shrink it and put a trigger on it," is what he said. SHIELD is rumored to have plasma rifles in TA, perhaps based on this principle.

Disney says Nick Fury is in Captain America 2.

Disney says Nick Fury is in Captain America 2.

Yeah, I saw that. Apparently they are going to go the route that Captain America took in the early days of the 616 universe, where he basically worked hand-in-hand with Fury and SHIELD for quite some time. HYDRA should rear its ugly head again and give them a good target to chase. And of course Fury's right-hand man Phil Coulson will be at his side (and at the side of his man-crush, Cap).

I am so stoked for this! Those old Captain America and Nick Fury, Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. stories are some of my favorites. SHIELD had that 60s mod atmosphere going for it and Cap was just an old school hero. Sharon Carter could make an appearance too, with all the skeevy implications of that relationship. It will be fun to see Coulson and all of the agents from the comics working together. It ought to be amazing if done just right.

One character I don't want to see more of is Hill. That witch makes me gag. Swap her out for Val, maybe played by Zoe Saldana or Rosario Dawson, and we're in business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"