Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge missed opportunity?

It was a Colossus, Apocalypse missed opportunity.

Wait until Superman Returns hit. Just wait. It'll all be clear when that film is released.

I really liked it as well, just the whole Scott thing annoys me as his not dead . And as much as i loved the scean with DPhoenix and Logan at the end i would have loved it more if it was Scott there.

J.Howlett said:
Huge missed opportunity?

It was a Colossus, Apocalypse missed opportunity.

Wait until Superman Returns hit. Just wait. It'll all be clear when that film is released.

WEll of course it was. ...

sorry...why'd u say Colossus and Apocalypse? :p

Because, I'm still furious with Fox about this film.

Seriously Darkness, after you saw the weekend numbers for X2 domestically and internationally along with the praise it was getting, wouldn't you have greenlit and signed everyone to X3 the following week? The lastest a month later...

J.Howlett said:
Seriously, do an extension search online of all the X3 announcements starting from the time X2 was released until the release of The Last Stand.

There's a pattern there.

The main problem came when X3 all of a sudden slowed way the hell down...even after X2 was a serious hit at the box office and critically acclaimed.

Look at what happened from Spider-Man to Spider-Man 2. 2 to 3 months after Spider-Man came out, Raimi and his team were already at work on Spider-Man 2.

Look at what they did with Spider-Man 3. A few months after Spider-Man 2 hit theatres, they were at work again, knowing that Spider-Man 3 was coming out in 2007, not 2006. Spider-Man 2 came out summer of 2004.

Why the long, long wait to greenlight X3. What the hell did Fox do in all of 2004?
They were swimming in the big pool of money. Rothman was doing a freaking butterfly swim! :o

Mr Lex Luthor said:
They were swimming in the big pool of money. Rothman was doing a freaking butterfly swim! :o

lol, proble true.

Speaking of the production, what the hell happened to Tom DeSanto on X2 and X3?

This guy championed the X-Men franchise to Fox. Bryan begged Fox to bring him back for X2. Why did DeSanto leave?

J.Howlett said:

Seriously Darkness, after you saw the weekend numbers for X2 domestically and internationally along with the praise it was getting, wouldn't you have greenlit and signed everyone to X3 the following week? The lastest a month later...

Yeah true... you know I've been thinking...

I think it's possible that sometime in the future... some good will come from this... I know it's hard to believe now, but I just don't think that such a horrendous movie can ben made without there being a balance somewhere...

...'she moves in mysterious ways'...

maybe we will get our real X3... who knows?

Mr Lex Luthor said:

don't forget that he was spending the money on raising a pig bordello

J.Howlett said:

Im sorry... :( I never saw X2 in theatre... i saw it on t.v and saw half of it including when Jean died... which was a turn off. since I saw the trailer for x3 (the teaser) I was blown away and thats how I got back into X-men.

And yes I would have greenlit and signed Famke for sure to X3 the following week and everyone else too.

Did you read it Darkness?

If you did, see my problem with The Last Stand? It shows on the screen. You can feel everything that was said in that article on the screen.

Hugh'sMrs said:
If you notice the only members of the cast who seem overenthusiastic about the film are Hugh and Halle (and possibly Kelsey) Everyone else seems to be giving polite PR answers. In one video interview Rebecca looked stumped for responses when put on the spot. Famke looks jetlagged in the IGN interview with Jimmy. The only cast member who seems to be happier with Ratner is Halle.

Stewart and McKellan are both pretty psyched about it too.

No need to send it to Fox. They know they screwed up but here's the thing. They made a buckle load of money this past weekend so it validates their treatment of this film and the franchise.

And yet, go to rottentomatoes.com.

X-Men stands at 80%
X2 stands at 87%
X-Men The Last Stand stands at what now...wait for it:

55%

Exactly, Lex.

That's my point entirely. Think about that article and then think about the film we saw.

That's all that needs to be said.

There were still great moments in the film, if only those were fleshed out more and expanded into two movies...

peteapan said:
Cant believe they didnt change a damn thing

They actually did change quite a bit, you can see just by combing over the review, I'll give some details:

-Danger Room was WW2 era and only had Bobby and Kitty.
-No Storm/Logan relationship (Although they do spend an awful lot of time together).
-Alcatraz prison breakout rewritten into a convoy breakout. Alcatraz and GG bridge moved to final battle in place of Washington DC.
-Brotherhood mutants such as Gambit, Avalanche, and Cannonball replaced by Callisto, Quill, Arclight, and Psylocke.
-Mystique cured on convoy, not injected while in captivity.
-Beast's infiltration scene at Worthington Labs greatly changed, he just waltzes on in now.

You can tell they really listened to the fans regarding these changes!

In case anyone was wondering what type of jacket Scott is wearing, its a racing blouson made by Belstaff. I made a post about it in the products board, but just in case nobody sees it, I thought I'd post here too.

I think you guys are being overly harsh about X3. I saw it twice and liked it more the second time.

And none of its problems are Ratner's fault. It's all the writers. They needed a few more rewrites to find a better way around Jimmy's schedule than the disrespectful way they discard him, remove the silly humor (and all of Juggs' lines), remove the corny dialogue "we stand together, X-men" and bring Scott back at the end. And have his disappearance REALLY IMPACT his teammates.

But the acting, the action, the effects...X3 wasn't bad, it just could have been better with a stronger and smarter script. This screenplay seemed dumbed down, underestimating audience intelligence:

Example:
Let's setup that Xavier wants Storm to lead, then they debate closing the school for 30 seconds, then she steps up. ******ed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"