Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
taintedFB said:
I think you guys are being overly harsh about X3. I saw it twice and liked it more the second time.

And none of its problems are Ratner's fault. It's all the writers. They needed a few more rewrites to find a better way around Jimmy's schedule than the disrespectful way they discard him, remove the silly humor (and all of Juggs' lines), remove the corny dialogue "we stand together, X-men" and bring Scott back at the end. And have his disappearance REALLY IMPACT his teammates.

But the acting, the action, the effects...X3 wasn't bad, it just could have been better with a stronger and smarter script. This screenplay seemed dumbed down, underestimating audience intelligence:

Example:
Let's setup that Xavier wants Storm to lead, then they debate closing the school for 30 seconds, then she steps up. ******ed!

I agree with that critique, with the exception that after two viewings I'm still none too pleased. I think this is still a mediocre flick at best. For me, it was the gutting of the message (both in the Cure and the Phoenix storyline - there was just no meaning IMHO. No Jean self-sacrifice, no Rogue coping with her powers, no resolution for any character).

But that's another issue. On the screenplay: I have to agree with you taintedFB. After the second viewing, the quality was really apparent to me. There were some nice IDEAS for scenes, but that was about it. The characters were constantly saying things uncharacteristic of them (esp Xavier), the terrible one-liners were grating, and entire conversations were just unrealistic (ie that Storm scene you pointed out).

Hey guys, weird question...

If Cyke was knocked unconscious, or in a coma, and someone came up and pulled up one of his eyelids to see if his pupils were dialated or something... would an optic blast shoot out?

Does his brain have to be operating at a certain level for them to work?

They need to pull a retcon on X3! :o

:p

If they slapped one of those inhibitors one before they checked they would be cool.

I'm sure Mr. Sinister is smart enough to use one of those on Cyke before he checks him.

taintedFB said:
I think you guys are being overly harsh about X3. I saw it twice and liked it more the second time.

And none of its problems are Ratner's fault. It's all the writers. They needed a few more rewrites to find a better way around Jimmy's schedule than the disrespectful way they discard him, remove the silly humor (and all of Juggs' lines), remove the corny dialogue "we stand together, X-men" and bring Scott back at the end. And have his disappearance REALLY IMPACT his teammates.

But the acting, the action, the effects...X3 wasn't bad, it just could have been better with a stronger and smarter script. This screenplay seemed dumbed down, underestimating audience intelligence:

Example:
Let's setup that Xavier wants Storm to lead, then they debate closing the school for 30 seconds, then she steps up. ******ed!

Good point...:up:

I think that they could have done that... but I don't think that they had much time... they should have but they didn't...

dany

Want to see it again because I probably lost atention of the movie while I was shocked about the death of Xavier and Scott. So I barely paid atention after those guys died lol. So maybe 2nd time I will pay more atention.

Mr Lex Luthor said:
Just read the article about Rothman. I just usually skip to the leaked script when I'm there, but that article was :eek:
Reading that article again on reiterates how terribly Rothman has treated this franchise. I have no doubts that the way things went down were near exactly how the article frames them.

What is the point of waiting three years between each flick if you're not going to get the ball rolling until 16 months in advance?? That says all you need to know right there.

And skimming over the script again...I can't believe that Cyke scene - it was EXACTLY what we saw on screen, right down to the dialogue and the effect on Scott (barring seeing him go poof, of course).

That really miffs me: whenever Zak and Simon said things had been alterered, not to worry, were they outright deceiving us, or did they think the concerns were directed at other areas of the script?

either way, it didn't them the right to ignore Cyclops' importance to the team after his death. I swear, I saw NO sympathy from anyone. That, to me, is worse than his actual 'death'.

All right, my responses are all out of order but...

Bishop2 said:
Hey guys, weird question...

If Cyke was knocked unconscious, or in a coma, and someone came up and pulled up one of his eyelids to see if his pupils were dialated or something... would an optic blast shoot out?

Does his brain have to be operating at a certain level for them to work?
I don't have an answer to this, but I like where you're going.

And sorta thinking....could it be possible that Jean did more than suppress his powers for a makeout session? (yes, I realize this would be different than the comics). Could she have actually granted him the ability to control his optic blasts? I'm not very familiar with the comic explanation, but isn't the reason Scott needs the shades because he had brain damage as a child preventing him from controlling the blasts?

Though I don't know if I'd like to see Cyke without his ruby quartz shades...he wears them quite well with those dorky sweaters. ;)

Yeah. There's a thread about Arad's new position.

What I found interesting is that he mentioned in an interview what I myself have been contemplating. If Phoenix simply dispersed or dematerialized people, she could just as easily rematerialize them ie put the molecules back together.

I think if there is an X4 there's a good chance NONE of the deaths we've seen will be permanent. Or the cure for that matter...

taintedFB said:
I think if there is an X4 there's a good chance NONE of the deaths we've seen will be permanent. Or the cure for that matter...

Which would make me really glad ... that is - if the story is a good one!

http://www.superherohype.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234465&page=8
Roma said:
cyclops012de.gif

What we need is a GOOD SCRIPT! I think Kinberg and Penn had their shot and blew it! They call themselves fanboys yet insult even the memory of Cyclops and write Logan as if he were Scott reincarnated! LOL!

A great and intelligent script with Scott assuming command and being a major player. Storm, his right hand woman, and Logan with a cameo at most would be nice and make room for more character development and the introduction of Gambit and maybe Emma Frost in a very seductive manipulative role.

taintedFB said:
What we need is a GOOD SCRIPT! I think Kinberg and Penn had their shot and blew it! They call themselves fanboys yet insult even the memory of Cyclops and write Logan as if he were Scott reincarnated! LOL!

A great and intelligent script with Scott assuming command and being a major player. Storm, his right hand woman, and Logan with a cameo at most would be nice and make room for more character development and the introduction of Gambit and maybe Emma Frost in a very seductive manipulative role.

Don't forget a resurrected Jean and a happy end with her and Scott!

taintedFB said:
Yeah. There's a thread about Arad's new position.

What I found interesting is that he mentioned in an interview what I myself have been contemplating. If Phoenix simply dispersed or dematerialized people, she could just as easily rematerialize them ie put the molecules back together.

Don't think so. A dead person is a dead person - the Phoenix in the movie doesn't seem to be able to create life yet.

Has nothing to do with Cyke in particular, but I just stumbled across this:

http://www.michaelausiello.com/

Public Service Advisory

Avoid The Da Vinci Code and X-Men 3 at all costs. Exposure to either “film” can cause depression, nausea, disorientation, softening of the stools and a general sense of hopelessness.

Seriously, they are horrible.

DarknessOfDeath said:
Two words... Madelyne Pryor... :o

Since she's a clone of Jean, they'd need Famke again. Why not go for the real deal and have the real Jean, if Famke is already there.

off topic a bit (sort of)...anyways, this is why Im liking xmen evolution (funny that im liking a cartoon much better than the movie)--ive only seen season 1 but so far i like how each character fits in their roles. season 1 is sort of scott-centric a bit (which i dont mind) but hes not the end all mutant, neither is wolverine.

this got me thinking, i dont know if there are any plans for an xmen series or not but, i think a young xmen show (in the premise of xmen evo) would be kinda cool. x4 is pretty much not going to happen, from what ive been reading, and these characters need redemtion!

a live action series would not have any big stars (jackman or berry) therefor each character will get their due on the small screen. i know that most people hate smallville but it is a sucessful show none the less, i think taking the best elements from evo and smallville and turning into an xmen series would equal sucess.

ps- an hour long episodic tv series usually has a cast of 8 or less (if you were bored and wanted to make ur cast for a show :p )

taintedFB said:

That was part of it. Plus they just wrote what the ******* at FOX ordered them to write. FOX hired writers and a director that would take orders from brass.

Or ****es, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"