Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fallenAngel said:
I remember last year when it started becoming apparent that James role was in danger due to Singer and Superman that people started saying things like "It'll probably be Wolverine who confronts the phoenix in the end and saves the day rather than Cyclops."

It was said half hazardly which is the sad part, I think it was layed out as the worst case senario, but I don't think many people actually thought it would happen this way.

I mean people were in denial for over six months basically. Though I can't blame them.
Yeah, I used to be saddened. Cyclops in the movie was why I started liking Jimmy in the first place. The way he portrayed him...it showed how sweet he can be. Esp. after Jean fights Scott at Alkali and Scott hugs and says "I'm so sorry". It really got to me and made me love Jimmy even more...it's a damn shame his talent was being barely used in X3. I, too was expecting a much bigger role of Cyke.

Verlin said:
God, I remember so clearly. When I sat in the cinema way back in 2003 I was so shocked about Jeans dead. I really didn't saw it coming. Lol. But when the shilouette of the phoenix appeard in the end, I was sooo relieved. And so gosh darn happy, because I thought "Man...the dark phoenix arc. Finally there's a chance for Scott and Jimmy to shine. Finally there will be an X-men movie that will NOT center around Wolverine." That this is the big chance and they just couldn't screw it up! They couldn't!!!
Well, I was wrong....At least on Cykes point.

I totally agree. I felt the same way.

And yeah, I remember joking about how Wolverine would probably be the one to save Jean/be forced to confront her/kill her instead of Cyke. Of course, I thought it was just a JOKE...

Jeebus Chrisutron.

It's so nice coming here and seeing how people feel the same way I feel about how Cyke was handled. :O

PS3.gif

DarknessOfDeath said:
... :( huggles? :)

Hey, I found something tonight that I figured would probably fill you with some kind of rage. ;) It's about Singer's plans for X3... from screenwriter Dan Harris:

Screenwriter Dan Harris was recently ported over to work on Superman Returns alongside director Bryan Singer. But Harris told the Canadian Press that had he and his "X2" co-writers stayed with the "X-Men " franchise, one of the next big additions would've been Emma Frost, penned with Sigourney Weaver in mind.

Harris says "We were going to do X-Men 3 for a little while and our big secret was - and it's not going to happen now, so it's OK - we wanted to bring in Emma Frost, a famous X-Men character. She's called the White Queen. We were going to ask Sigourney to be it. She was an empath in our version, which means she could control people's emotions, could look at someone and make them cry on cue or make them hate you or be lonely."

Sigourney Weaver as Emma? Okay, that's an older Emma, but I could see it I guess, assuming she had the blonde hair she sported in Galaxy Quest. Even so, making her an empath who can control emotions? That's like, the most useless power ever! That's more useless than Rogue! :p

MoviesKickAss said:

Why does Cyke start laughing as soon as he sees Dante from Devil May Cry? Only the price tag is really hilarious. :p

Bishop2 said:
Why does Cyke start laughing as soon as he sees Dante

Cause Scott knows about the price already & Wolverine doesnt yet (as you can tell by his expression) he knew Wolverine would be pissed :o

MoviesKickAss said:
Cause Scott knows about the price already & Wolverine doesnt yet (as you can tell by his expression) he knew Wolverine would be pissed :o

Eh, I think it would make more sense without that shot, because with it you actually have to explain it to me for me to buy that. :)

Bishop2 said:
Eh, I think it would make more sense without that shot, because with it you actually have to explain it to me for me to buy that. :)

k I'll edit it out

Bishop2 said:
Sigourney Weaver as Emma? Okay, that's an older Emma, but I could see it I guess, assuming she had the blonde hair she sported in Galaxy Quest. Even so, making her an empath who can control emotions? That's like, the most useless power ever! That's more useless than Rogue! :p

Yeah I remember that. I actually thought the idea of Sigourney Weaver was a pretty good one. She even said darn when they told her about it and asked if they could write the part into superman.

Her empath abilities were supposed to be able to have her control people, mainly men.

God I wish I could see Singers version, I like the plot cure, just wish it could have been saved for later.

I got a question for you guys... would you guys have been happier just recasting Cyke to have a larger role or just have it as it was...

FaT_tONle said:
I got a question for you guys... would you guys have been happier just recasting Cyke to have a larger role or just have it as it was...

You know, I'd probably leave it, believe it or not. :\

Bishop2 said:
Hey, I found something tonight that I figured would probably fill you with some kind of rage. ;) It's about Singer's plans for X3... from screenwriter Dan Harris:

... thats old news. lol but nice try anyway.

DarknessOfDeath said:
CykeWolvie.gif
someone posted this in the X3 movie gif thread...

lol Makes me wanna punch Logan in the face... -looks down...looks up and punches Logan in the face-

And i meant it.

teehee!! Funny! :D

FaT_tONle said:

Not really. My problam with Cyke is only in x-3, but that movie is bad in almost every way so x-men for me is 1&2. x-3 hasn't been made yet :p

CapBeerCino said:
Not really. My problam with Cyke is only in x-3, but that movie is bad in almost every way so x-men for me is 1&2. x-3 hasn't been made yet :p

you are on to something. X3 wasnt actually made. X-men the last stand was! not "X3"

intresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"