Official Cyclops/marsden Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men 1, 2 & 3' started by Octoberist, Aug 12, 2005.

?

What Will Cyclops' Fate Be In X3?

1. Dies At Alkali Lake

2. Never Faces A Life-Threatening Situation

3. Supposedly Dies Early But Returns In The Final Battle

4. Dies In The Final Battle

5. Goes On Sabbatical (after Alkali Lake)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallenAngel

fallenAngel Well-Known Member

well someone needs to be the leader, Storm obviously can't do it. And Hugh is probably going to stay with his movies unless it bombs.

I really wonder about the future of the team movies, I really don't see Cyclops comming back. As much as it saddens me.

2. WorthyStevens

WorthyStevens Green Man

Havok could fit the leadership position nicely if Storm or Cyclops' aren't there.

3. oneteen

oneteen James/Scott fan

They should make a movie inbetween X1 and X2, when Logan was at Alkali. That way Logan's gone for a good reason. I dunno...and then they should put the Wolverine movie right after that.

4. taintedFB

taintedFB Well-Known Member

Idea!

What if Scott returns in the Young X-Men Spinoff! The Cuckoo triplets cameoed in X3. What if they sense he's alive?

Havok is a new student who has come to the school in search of his long lost older brother. Storm says he's dead. He talks to the triplets and realizes Scott's alive. He takes some of the kids (Iceman, Angel, Kitty & Gambit?) on a quest to Alkali Lake to find him.

WooHOO!

5. oneteen

oneteen James/Scott fan

....and Pheonix is alive!

6. Mike059jig

Mike059jig DESTROY GOTHAM!!!

You know since in X-3...they showed young jean...they could of put in a couple of scene of when Young Cyclops and Jean became a couple and how they bonded They should of showed these scene after Xavier and mags took her back to the institue..They probably could of use the kid from Daredevil, which i was just watchin, who had the same red glassed..Show that she always wanted to see his eye's but he always wouldn't let her and lead up to the scene with cyclops in his room...

7. ILuvCyclops

ILuvCyclops Stark Industries

Ooooo...that sounds good!!! :up:

8. taintedFB

X-Men 3: The Missed Opportunities!

Which opportunity did you miss.
    May 26

9. oneteen

oneteen James/Scott fan

:D

*sighs* Only in our dreams...

10. Pizzaboy1138

Pizzaboy1138 The Queen's Darkness

I think it's time for some reading.

11. fallenAngel

fallenAngel Well-Known Member

Last year I wrote an outline for how I saw X3, and I started it with Jean arriving at the institute and meeting Scott for the first time.

I would like to see more character flashbacks, especially of Scott and Storm, the two characters we know almost nothing about in the movies.

12. Mike059jig

Since Marsden was doin another movie..they could of found other ways to stretch out the character of Cyclops....they were just lazy in and keep using is unavailibilty as an excuse.....they could of integrated alot more into his character with some good flashback scene with young cyclops and jean and make his death more of an impact on the audience...and his relationship with jean strong..X3 was just wasted potential and dissappointing

13. PhePhe112

PhePhe112 Well-Known Member

I would wait longer than that if i had to...to see cyke really be the way he should be!!!!

14. WorthyStevens

WorthyStevens Green Man

I posted this in another thread, but I wanted to post this here too...

It's my fanfic of how I would've done the ending. It's not completely done though.

JEAN
    This has to be done, Scott.

Scott struggles to hold the tears he feels.

SCOTT
    I don't want to lose you again Jean. I can't... I won't.

JEAN
    I've never left you. And I will never leave you. I will always be here, with you.

SCOTT
    I... just can't. Please Jean, don't make me do this!

A tear drops from Scott's right eye. Soon enough, more tears start to trickle down both of his eyes.

JEAN
    There's no other way around this Scott. You know that.

Jean gives Scott a look. A look that pleas for him to end this. A plea asking for him to end all of this destruction.

JEAN
    I can't hold back for much longer!

Jean and Scott have one last embrace. One last hug. One last kiss. Soon enough, tears have overflown from both Scott and Jean.

JEAN
    Scott, let me see your eyes.

Jean gently grabs Scott's visor. In a slow but endearing motion, she lifts the visor off of his head.

JEAN
    I will always love you Scott Summers.

Jean looks at Scott one last time. In her last moments, she remembers every one of her memories of Scott. Her and Scott. Together.

SCOTT
    I love you Jean. I'm so sorry for this!

In a moment of undecidedness and reluctance, Scott opens his eyes. A red background suddenly fills the screen.

Angle on: Cyclops' face. He shuts his eyes quickly, realizing one thing. The destruction caused by Phoenix, has ceased. But with that, Jean Grey, his one true soulmate, is also gone.

Scott has a look of horror on his face. His realization of Jean truly dead has hit him hard. He falls to his knees, screaming in anger and sadness. He then looks up at the sky, and lets loose a powerful blast that could destroy even the most indestructable of mountains.

He stops. He grabs the body of the fallen Jean Grey, tightly holding her in his arms, screaming her name once more.

SCOTT
    I'm so sorry Jean!
    Scott stands back up with an empty look. He walks on by, past the rest of his teammates, carrying Jean in his arms.

15. Bishop2

Bishop2 Well-Known Member

If they actually brought back Cyke and Jean in X4, it would probably be so that Gambit could romance Jean and act that much cooler than Cyke, then call him a dick. :p

16. taintedFB

Yeah, but then Scott could blast him through a wall while Gambit is looking for an object to charge. LOL

17. Bishop2

Bishop2 Well-Known Member

Too bad he never did that to Logan. I wanted to hear James say that line Cyke delivers in Astonishing X-Men #1 - "Hey Logan, that healing factor's about to come in real handy." *BEYOW-THOOM*

*Cut to Wolverine lying in a smoking heap.*

18. Verlin

Verlin will work for plot!

That would've so made my day...

19. taintedFB

Mine too.

I think that with Logan gone, FOX would be stupid not to bring back Scott. Maybe Xavier could pull a "Gandalf" and not return to the team til halfway or the end of the movie. Have Scott come back as everything is too much for Storm and give her a personal story so that Halle's still got something important and meaningful to do. Hey Scott was the leader for 2 movies and didn't get to do Squat.

20. DarknessOfDeath

DarknessOfDeath Rebel Scoundrel

-randomly shoots optic blasts at Logan-

21. taintedFB

over and over again, rolling him right off the school grounds! Like sweeping the floors!

22. D-scythe

D-scythe Well-Known Member

It'd be stupid to bring back Cyke. What would that make, like 3 different resurrected characters in a span of two movies? No thanks.

Besides, Scott wouldn't be the same without Logan and Jean. Not only would an X-men movie flop without Logan (admit it, it's true), but Scott was largely defined by his relationship with both Logan and Jean. You ask the general public who Cyclops was, they'd say "the dick who lost his girl to the almighty Wolverine," or, "that redhead's fiance."

Besides, I'd miss the witty banter and verbal sniping between Logan and Scott, and regarding Jean just look at what Scott turned into without her in X3. A broken shadow of the man he used to be, which may be interesting in small doses, but gets old fast.

23. LEX

LEX No justice; just us.

I know it's been posted before, but it's just too good. I'd pee my pants if I see something like this one day on the big screen:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Farren

Farren Side Kicker

That's awesome!

Though for me perhaps in a different way than most of y'all: I'm not a fan of Scott and Emma, so I rather liked Wolverine sticking it to ole Scott there. :up:

And Emma, you DO rate below a corpse of Jean.

25. Mike059jig

I Love that Scene you don't come into Cyke's bedroom with his permission..logan got what he deserved..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.