Review Thread;

Scott Mantz – Access Hollywood
“The best 3D since Avatar.”

Mike Wilber – NBC
"The best Transformers ever!"
"Transformers: Dark of the Moon is the summer movie to beat!"

National/Canada
Teddy Wilson – Host, InnerSPACE
“Blockbusters don’t get any bigger than this!

National/Canada
Danielle McGimsie – Etalk CTV
“Transformers: Dark of the Moon defies gravity.”

Chicago/4
Bill Zwecker – FOX-TV or FOX Chicago News or (FOX-TV Chicago)
“The absolutely best Transformers yet! Bigger, better, best! Terrific storytelling and non-stop action from start to finish! This is the movie event of the summer!”
“This is why we go to 3D films!”

Washington DC/7
Kevin McCarthy – FOX-TV Washington DC or CBS Radio
“Finally, a 3D experience that will blow your mind. Best 3D since Avatar.”

Dallas/8
Sandie Newton – CBS Dallas
“Absolutely mind blowing! ?This is what going to the movies is all about!”

Dallas/8
Nancy Jay – Daybreak USA (Syndicated Radio)
“Dark of the Moon delivers. It’s bigger, better, badder. This is the one you’ve been waiting for.”

Phoenix/10
Lisa Fuller-Magee – KTVK Phoenix
“See it in 3D! It’ll transform your summer.”

Houston/11
Jake Hamilton – FOX-TV
“The perfect summer movie. This is what going to the movies is all about. They’ve saved the best for last. You’ll be left in awe.”
“One of the most incredible things your eyes will ever see. You won’t breathe. You won’t blink. You’ll just be blown away.”

Seattle/12
Kim Holcomb – KING-TV NBC Seattle
“The best Transformers movie, by far.”
“This is why 3D exists.”

Miami/14
Shireen Sandoval – FOX News, Miami
“Visually stunning.”
“Summer fun at its finest.”

Detroit/15
Lee Thomas – FOX 2 Detroit
“Transformers: Dark of the Moon is the most action packed adventure of this summer…crisp transformations. Clean fun.
“They’ve reinvigorated the franchise.”
“The must see summer film.”

San Diego/16
Kelli Gillespie – XETV CW6 – San Diego
“Best Transformers film yet!”
“Action-packed. “
“Heart-pounding.”
“The most fun you’ll have at the movies this summer.”
“This is what a summer movie is meant to be! Go see Transformers: Dark of the Moon.”

Denver/17
Chris Parente – FOX KDVR 31 or CW 2
“A heart stopping, eye popping masterpiece.”

Minneapolis/21
Rusty Gatenby – ABC TV Minneapolis
“Biggest action movie of the summer? How about biggest action movie EVER!”
“You’ll need the BIG bucket of popcorn for this one!”
“Not just the best Transformers movie, the best summer movie in years!”

Cleveland/24
Chris Van Vliet – WOIO, Cleveland
“Buckle up for the action thrill ride of the summer!”
“The biggest movie of the summer.”

Las Vegas/26
Rachel Smith – FOX 5, Vegas
“By far the best of the three!”
“The hottest cast of summer”
“2 hours of pure fun”
“The most action packed film of summer”

Kansas City/29
Shawn Edwards – FOX-TV
“The summer blockbuster has been transformed forever!”
"Phenomenal! The most exciting movie of the year. 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' is total awesomeness. It's a bigger and better experience. You'll be blown away."
"This is the 3D experience you have been waiting for! It's amazing. The 3D is like nothing you have ever seen before. You just won't see the movie. You'll actually feel like you are in the movie."
RATING: "* * * *"

as per the SftE Site.

I'm more interested in the rotten reviews, but colour me pleased.

Very true.

I wonder if Nimoy did this for the money. If he asked for donations from his loyal fans for "Charity" he would get a **** ton of money. I bet he did this for the kids... the slow ones anyway.
Forget quality but the Transformers films are not for children in any way.

I wonder if Nimoy did this for the money. If he asked for donations from his loyal fans for "Charity" he would get a **** ton of money. I bet he did this for the kids... the slow ones anyway.
Forget quality but the Transformers films are not for children in any way.

:funny:

I think Nimoy's at that point in his life where he's doing things just for the hell of it. Hence this and the Bruno Mars video.

Sector 7 was basically in charge of everything dealing with the transformers hence to why Frances McDormand didn't have the information about the moon until later because Sector 7 had it all.

That was the problem. Sector 7 DID NOT KNOW about the Moon Landing either.

Agent Simmons, a top officer of Sector 7 had no clue.

It was soo obvious that Bay and his writers just came up with this idea recently and NOT paying attention to what they wrote on the first film.

this is fun and great :awesome:
http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/07...the-moon-discussionpuzzling-over-logic-thread

- If Sentinel Prime switched sides during the Cybertron War to join the Decepticons, why did the Decepticons shoot him down?

- Why did Sentinel Prime teleport the Decepticons into DC when he wanted them to go to Chicago? It seems like a waste of time.

- Why were there a whole bunch of Decepticons buried on the Moon anyway? Why didn’t Megatron just use those guys in any of the previous two films? And why did they need to be teleported to Earth?

- Why did Sentinel Prime set up the main column or whatever in Chicago anyway? The Decepticons had a perfectly good camp in the shadows of Mount Kilimanjaro, where they would attract less attention.

- Whose bright idea was it to have Optimus Prime tangled in WIRES for most of the final battle?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3634-Transformers-Dark-of-the-Moon

WARNING! He's a bit rude. It's a character.

I want people's honest opinion on this. He basically says that GI Joe was better, there are other better action movies and the Transformers are side characters with too much focus on human characters, mostly soldiers you don't even know. He's also looking forward to Captain America

Ironic that a movie called CAPTAIN AMERICA will have more integrity than this.
A world war II period piece with hints of James Bond hi-jinks and no toilet humor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, ignore everything above. No point in talking about it. Good film or bad it doesn't matter anymore. Bay will be Bay. Humanity will always have flaws. etc. etc.

Last edited:
this is fun and great :awesome:
http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/07...the-moon-discussionpuzzling-over-logic-thread

- If Sentinel Prime switched sides during the Cybertron War to join the Decepticons, why did the Decepticons shoot him down?

- Why did Sentinel Prime teleport the Decepticons into DC when he wanted them to go to Chicago? It seems like a waste of time.

- Why were there a whole bunch of Decepticons buried on the Moon anyway? Why didn’t Megatron just use those guys in any of the previous two films? And why did they need to be teleported to Earth?

- Why did Sentinel Prime set up the main column or whatever in Chicago anyway? The Decepticons had a perfectly good camp in the shadows of Mount Kilimanjaro, where they would attract less attention.

- Whose bright idea was it to have Optimus Prime tangled in WIRES for most of the final battle?

LOL i had the same thinking about the Decpticons on the Moon (there where soooo many and the ships)...it would have been almost better if part of Cyberton came through and the Decpticons where there waiting to come to Earth .......and the Wires thing just wasted time.

These where the things i thought could have made the movie better (SPOILER)_

1. Einstein's robot should have looked more robot like and less human face (felt weird).
2. Sam should have run out to save Bubblebee when they were about to shot him...he felt like a coward just looking.......bubblebee has risked his life so many time. They could have done a epic....bubblebee gets shot (create tension) and Sam runs out and then the cavalry comes in to save the day.
3. Starscream should not have died instead he should have told Megatron that he looks weak and the Primes are winning (instead of the supermodel tell him....funny this dialogue feels like it would have worked perfectly with Megan Fox's character because of her history with the Decepticons)
4. we could have had a epic fight with Megatron, Sentinal and Optimus. Sentinal could have been badly injured. Optimus kills megatron. Sam and Bubblebee destroy the pillar (control for the portal thing). Sentinal runs towards it to save it and get blasted towards Cybertron (poetic justice) as it gets destroyed.
5. Starcream runs away again (classic)

UltimateJustin said:
Detaching themselves from the standard benchmarks of quality cinema is something internet critics can't do, even for a film like this.
All movies have their bashers and gushers, but the hate seems to be especially misplaced here; the is film actually a polished toy commercial.
Rather than deliver a film standing on its own merits, Bay presented the TF saga as a child would play with his toy collection:
Energetic, quite silly, and building to a rousing conclusion.

The fact is, these films right to exist is questioned, while they execute their purpose perfectly: entertaining > selling tickets > selling toys.
Open minded audiences should accept this concept and take the big action scenes and comedy for what their worth, then move on.

Because mores to come. Theres Rock'em Sock'em Robots this summer, Battleship the next. Films will become broader to appeal to a WW market.
Eventually, haters are going to look back realizing they missed a lot of entertaining fun because they couldn't just enjoy the pretty robots.

Stupid.

Anyone using the term "haters" as a construct of their argument deserves not to be listened to.

You know what. The robots from REAL STEEL look much better.
Somebody take make a manip from the trailer and color it with Optimus Prime color's

You know what. The robots from REAL STEEL look much better.
Somebody take make a manip from the trailer and color it with Optimus Prime color's

The robots from Real Steal are easier to look at. They're not compromised of a billion little pieces that are blinding when in motion.

Could somebody please tell me if there's an after credits scene?

Don't want to wait for nothing, thanks.

LOL i had the same thinking about the Decpticons on the Moon (there where soooo many and the ships)...it would have been almost better if part of Cyberton came through and the Decpticons where there waiting to come to Earth .......and the Wires thing just wasted time.

These where the things i thought could have made the movie better (SPOILER)_

1. Einstein's robot should have looked more robot like and less human face (felt weird).
2. Sam should have run out to save Bubblebee when they were about to shot him...he felt like a coward just looking.......bubblebee has risked his life so many time. They could have done a epic....bubblebee gets shot (create tension) and Sam runs out and then the cavalry comes in to save the day.
3. Starscream should not have died instead he should have told Megatron that he looks weak and the Primes are winning (instead of the supermodel tell him....funny this dialogue feels like it would have worked perfectly with Megan Fox's character because of her history with the Decepticons)
4. we could have had a epic fight with Megatron, Sentinal and Optimus. Sentinal could have been badly injured. Optimus kills megatron. Sam and Bubblebee destroy the pillar (control for the portal thing). Sentinal runs towards it to save it and get blasted towards Cybertron (poetic justice) as it gets destroyed.
5. Starcream runs away again (classic)

1. No only did he look human, he look like he was decaying.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3634-Transformers-Dark-of-the-Moon

WARNING! He's a bit rude. It's a character.

I want people's honest opinion on this. He basically says that GI Joe was better, there are other better action movies and the Transformers are side characters with too much focus on human characters, mostly soldiers you don't even know. He's also looking forward to Captain America

Ironic that a movie called CAPTAIN AMERICA will have more integrity than this.
A world war II period piece with hints of James Bond hi-jinks and no toilet humor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, ignore everything above. No point in talking about it. Good film or bad it doesn't matter anymore. Bay will be Bay. Humanity will always have flaws. etc. etc.

From the preview I can tell Captain America has more integrity than this film. Michael Bay has made these films to the lowest common denomenator.

I somewhat liked the first film, but having Jon Voight in that film gave it some integrity, and is presence has been greatly missed in the last two.

From the preview I can tell Captain America has more integrity than this film. Michael Bay has made these films to the lowest common denomenator.

I somewhat liked the first film, but having Jon Voight in that film gave it some integrity, and is presence has been greatly missed in the last two.

Yup. He was one of the only non-obnoxious people .... and trust me, I love obnoxious things, but there's a point when it's overkill.

:whatever: I am tired of being called the lowest common denomentator because I like Michael Bay films . It is obnoxious and arrogance at its worst

:whatever: I am tired of being called the lowest common denomentator because I like Michael Bay films . It is obnoxious and arrogance at its worst

It's not an insult, it's a mathematical term.
It's okay though. Some like McDonald's, some prefer Tavern on the Green
However, I hear White Castle has some fans... eck!

Somebody posted like four or five youtube video reviews of DotM in the last few days. I wanted to watch them later, but now I can't find them. I when through the last 20 pages in the last review thread. And buddy remember where they are?

I liked this movie but I will admit to myself and everyone in here that it had a lot of problems and that it isn't on par with some of the other summer fare so far. Someone said it best in the movies forum that Transformers is Twilight for guys. I agree with that. It has a lot of faults but from my perspective it is a good summer blockbuster film like many women think Twilight is whatever they want to label it as.

I only get irked when the complaints about this movie are utterly idiotic. Why couldn't Optimus get out of teh wires!? Why can't Bumblebee talk!? Why didn't someone fix Megatron's face!? The smallest, most minuscule, idiotic things that nobody gives a **** about otherwise. People will tear this apart piece by piece because they didn't like it where as most people will forgive the faults in movies like The Dark Knight because they liked it. It's just how it works.

Sentinel and Megatron's alliance may have been so secretive and newly established not all the decepticons knew probably.

I just assumed they could only teleport to where the portal was.

Megatron secretly has built up an huge army to have one last invasion attempt to overwhelm the Autobots.

Probably figured it was a better fortified posistion to create around it from enemies.

[/QUOTE]

I cant defend this, it was probably around like 3 minutes he was tangled but felt like forever with the scale and timing of the battle.

What should have been a central plot theme with Sentinal's betrayal, was completely brushed over. What should have been an emotional moment when he killed Ironhide in cold blood (oil?) was completely glossed over. It was like, "OK everybody, I'm a traitor!"

Somebody posted like four or five youtube video reviews of DotM in the last few days. I wanted to watch them later, but now I can't find them. I when through the last 20 pages in the last review thread. And buddy remember where they are?

Marvin posted 4 video reviews, which all contained cursing so they were deleted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"