OFFICIAL Dark of the Moon REVIEW THREAD - Part 1

Discussion in 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' started by Thread Manager, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]357603[/split]

2. Marvin

Marvin Well-Known Member

Review Thread;

as per the SftE Site.

I'm more interested in the rotten reviews, but colour me pleased.

3. Tony Stark

Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Very true.

4. AnorexicBatman

AnorexicBatman Well-Known Member

I wonder if Nimoy did this for the money. If he asked for donations from his loyal fans for "Charity" he would get a **** ton of money. I bet he did this for the kids... the slow ones anyway.
    Forget quality but the Transformers films are not for children in any way.

5. Rowsdower!

Rowsdower! Well-Known Member

:funny:

I think Nimoy's at that point in his life where he's doing things just for the hell of it. Hence this and the Bruno Mars video.

6. Longshot777

Longshot777 Well-Known Member

Sector 7 was basically in charge of everything dealing with the transformers hence to why Frances McDormand didn't have the information about the moon until later because Sector 7 had it all.

That was the problem. Sector 7 DID NOT KNOW about the Moon Landing either.

Agent Simmons, a top officer of Sector 7 had no clue.

It was soo obvious that Bay and his writers just came up with this idea recently and NOT paying attention to what they wrote on the first film.

7. dark_b

dark_b Well-Known Member

this is fun and great :awesome:
    http://www.badassdigest.com/2011/07...the-moon-discussionpuzzling-over-logic-thread

- If Sentinel Prime switched sides during the Cybertron War to join the Decepticons, why did the Decepticons shoot him down?

- Why did Sentinel Prime teleport the Decepticons into DC when he wanted them to go to Chicago? It seems like a waste of time.

- Why were there a whole bunch of Decepticons buried on the Moon anyway? Why didn’t Megatron just use those guys in any of the previous two films? And why did they need to be teleported to Earth?

- Why did Sentinel Prime set up the main column or whatever in Chicago anyway? The Decepticons had a perfectly good camp in the shadows of Mount Kilimanjaro, where they would attract less attention.

- Whose bright idea was it to have Optimus Prime tangled in WIRES for most of the final battle?

8. AnorexicBatman

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3634-Transformers-Dark-of-the-Moon

WARNING! He's a bit rude. It's a character.

I want people's honest opinion on this. He basically says that GI Joe was better, there are other better action movies and the Transformers are side characters with too much focus on human characters, mostly soldiers you don't even know. He's also looking forward to Captain America

Ironic that a movie called CAPTAIN AMERICA will have more integrity than this.
    A world war II period piece with hints of James Bond hi-jinks and no toilet humor.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, ignore everything above. No point in talking about it. Good film or bad it doesn't matter anymore. Bay will be Bay. Humanity will always have flaws. etc. etc.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2011
  9. hunteri

hunteri Active Member

LOL i had the same thinking about the Decpticons on the Moon (there where soooo many and the ships)...it would have been almost better if part of Cyberton came through and the Decpticons where there waiting to come to Earth .......and the Wires thing just wasted time.

These where the things i thought could have made the movie better (SPOILER)_

1. Einstein's robot should have looked more robot like and less human face (felt weird).
    2. Sam should have run out to save Bubblebee when they were about to shot him...he felt like a coward just looking.......bubblebee has risked his life so many time. They could have done a epic....bubblebee gets shot (create tension) and Sam runs out and then the cavalry comes in to save the day.
    3. Starscream should not have died instead he should have told Megatron that he looks weak and the Primes are winning (instead of the supermodel tell him....funny this dialogue feels like it would have worked perfectly with Megan Fox's character because of her history with the Decepticons)
    4. we could have had a epic fight with Megatron, Sentinal and Optimus. Sentinal could have been badly injured. Optimus kills megatron. Sam and Bubblebee destroy the pillar (control for the portal thing). Sentinal runs towards it to save it and get blasted towards Cybertron (poetic justice) as it gets destroyed.
    5. Starcream runs away again (classic)

10. Rock Sexton

Rock Sexton Well-Known Member

Anyone using the term "haters" as a construct of their argument deserves not to be listened to.

11. AnorexicBatman

You know what. The robots from REAL STEEL look much better.
    Somebody take make a manip from the trailer and color it with Optimus Prime color's

12. Rock Sexton

The robots from Real Steal are easier to look at. They're not compromised of a billion little pieces that are blinding when in motion.

13. Troy_Parker

Troy_Parker Well-Known Member

Could somebody please tell me if there's an after credits scene?

Don't want to wait for nothing, thanks.

14. bell110

bell110 Drunk on Capitol Hill

1. No only did he look human, he look like he was decaying.

15. Tony Stark

From the preview I can tell Captain America has more integrity than this film. Michael Bay has made these films to the lowest common denomenator.

I somewhat liked the first film, but having Jon Voight in that film gave it some integrity, and is presence has been greatly missed in the last two.

16. Troy_Parker

Troy_Parker Well-Known Member

...Urm, anybody?

17. Rock Sexton

Yup. He was one of the only non-obnoxious people .... and trust me, I love obnoxious things, but there's a point when it's overkill.

18. Sith Scotti

Sith Scotti Well-Known Member

:whatever: I am tired of being called the lowest common denomentator because I like Michael Bay films . It is obnoxious and arrogance at its worst

19. LostSon88

LostSon88 Well-Known Member

No.

20. AnorexicBatman

It's not an insult, it's a mathematical term.
    It's okay though. Some like McDonald's, some prefer Tavern on the Green
    However, I hear White Castle has some fans... eck!

21. bell110

bell110 Drunk on Capitol Hill

Somebody posted like four or five youtube video reviews of DotM in the last few days. I wanted to watch them later, but now I can't find them. I when through the last 20 pages in the last review thread. And buddy remember where they are?

22. chaseter

chaseter Esteemed Member

I liked this movie but I will admit to myself and everyone in here that it had a lot of problems and that it isn't on par with some of the other summer fare so far. Someone said it best in the movies forum that Transformers is Twilight for guys. I agree with that. It has a lot of faults but from my perspective it is a good summer blockbuster film like many women think Twilight is whatever they want to label it as.

I only get irked when the complaints about this movie are utterly idiotic. Why couldn't Optimus get out of teh wires!? Why can't Bumblebee talk!? Why didn't someone fix Megatron's face!? The smallest, most minuscule, idiotic things that nobody gives a **** about otherwise. People will tear this apart piece by piece because they didn't like it where as most people will forgive the faults in movies like The Dark Knight because they liked it. It's just how it works.

23. marvelman2006

marvelman2006 Well-Known Member

Sentinel and Megatron's alliance may have been so secretive and newly established not all the decepticons knew probably.

I just assumed they could only teleport to where the portal was.

Megatron secretly has built up an huge army to have one last invasion attempt to overwhelm the Autobots.

Probably figured it was a better fortified posistion to create around it from enemies.

[/QUOTE]

I cant defend this, it was probably around like 3 minutes he was tangled but felt like forever with the scale and timing of the battle.

24. Tony Stark

What should have been a central plot theme with Sentinal's betrayal, was completely brushed over. What should have been an emotional moment when he killed Ironhide in cold blood (oil?) was completely glossed over. It was like, "OK everybody, I'm a traitor!"

25. Hobgoblin

Hobgoblin Veritas veritatum

Marvin posted 4 video reviews, which all contained cursing so they were deleted.