Official DD Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they were in the same trade, oh well, I'll go back and add it.

Moon_Knight said:
Hi, I just added DD to my new pull list, and I was wondering what's he been up to since the second vol started. I use to read the book back in the 300's and haven't read any of the Bendis run. Can you suggest some good trades to get me caught up to Ed's new issues.
it's best if you read all of the run since the relaunch, it's been incredble

BUY THE HARDCOVERS, they collect the same issues the softcovers do, but they actually cost less, and you get lots of bonus material

Read the latest issue of Daredevil this week. Man, it just keeps getting better and better now. Whew. I'm really enjoying the nice transition that Brubaker/Lark and Bendis/Maleev had. Not really too much of a drastic change in styles and the quality of the story has, honestly, gotten a little better.

The mystery of who the second DD is has me thinking. I've heard Captain America. But I saw in the Spidey comics forum someone talking about how it could possibly be Spider-Man since his 2.0 version of the Iron Spidey suit can change into whatever he thinks. Possibility that Spidey could be posing as DD to give Matt an alibi, etc. Lets not forget that Peter Parker and Matt Murdock do have a good relationship outside of the costumes.

But hats off to Brubaker. So far he's taking all of Bendis' steam and making it better. Couldn't be more happier to read this book. :up:

Darthphere said:
Bendis is a smoree, he'll sign anything.:o
A smoree means that he gets some money or satisfaction from doing it. And belive me, he didn't get any satisfaction from signing my *******:o

Elijya said:
it's best if you read all of the run since the relaunch, it's been incredble

BUY THE HARDCOVERS, they collect the same issues the softcovers do, but they actually cost less, and you get lots of bonus material
Id say itd be good to get #20-25 too, the only vol. 2 story not collected in trade. It at the least gives an example of why DD would go to jail (and i think its mentioned after DD gets outed.)

And yeah, you cant leave out Underboss.

The title improved when Maleev got his run going.

i liked maleev's matt murdock pencils than lark's. i compared them and found out that lark's matt is bigger, geeky looking, and older opposed to maleev's murdock which looks younger, sleeker and didnt look like a geek.

geeky?riiiight.

Lark is the only guy who could follow in Maleev's steps.Did Maleev actually draw all those great NY cityscapes in the background when DD was running around town?Or were those just digitally brought in and penciled over?

antonydelfini said:
i liked maleev's matt murdock pencils than lark's. i compared them and found out that lark's matt is bigger, geeky looking, and older opposed to maleev's murdock which looks younger, sleeker and didnt look like a geek.

I dont see this assesment at all. Matt, has always been pretty slender, I dont see this "geeky" look at all.:confused:

GNR4Life said:
geeky?riiiight.

Lark is the only guy who could follow in Maleev's steps.Did Maleev actually draw all those great NY cityscapes in the background when DD was running around town?Or were those just digitally brought in and penciled over?

Id go as far as to say that im liking Lark's art better than Mallev's right now. Heres why, its more dynamic. Theres actual feeling of movement and so far IMO has drawn better fight scenes.

Yeah, I actually liked seeing lark's overall work more dn maleev's too

antonydelfini said:
Yeah, I actually liked seeing lark's overall work more dn maleev's too

I wish you would further explain the geeky thing. Im not getting it at all.

Me either. Geeky looking because of the glasses? Is there a specific geeky stance?

Because Matt Murdock is sort of a geek in a way. He studied hard to get to the position of lawyer. You would have to exude some type of geekiness to trick people into not figuring out that you're the vigilante Daredevil. Especially when you're in jail because the FBI does think your Daredevil. :o

All im saying is dt i pRefer alex's matT.. I thnk d lines in d face of lark's matt makes matt look a bit old and drS a subtle dffrnce with hIs hairStyle. But overall i like lark's..

Maleev's art still holds up.After reading Lowlife,Hardcore,and King of Hell's Kitchen all in one sitting,I was still amazed at his genious layouts.I could talk about it for hours,but I won't.I might actually consider getting Spider-Woman now.

GNR4Life said:
Maleev's art still holds up.After reading Lowlife,Hardcore,and King of Hell's Kitchen all in one sitting,I was still amazed at his genious layouts.I could talk about it for hours,but I won't.I might actually consider getting Spider-Woman now.

Yeah, its not a knock on his art or anything, ive just always been of fan of Lark's art since Gotham Central.

Darthphere said:
Yeah, its not a knock on his art or anything, ive just always been of fan of Lark's art since Gotham Central.

The only art I've seen of Lark's before DD was his Captain America flashbacks.I really like his style as well and it's the perfect choice to follow up Maleev.I hope him and the Bru man stay on DD for more than 12 issues.

Issue #84 was great, as this entire arc is proving to be. Murdock proceeded to layeth the smacketh down all over Rykers. That man wants answers. It's only going to get better with the addition of
Bullseye and Kingpin
to the mix.

How badass was that ending? Get ready Rykers,
Frank Castle
is coming!

antonydelfini said:

I appreciate both inker's work in their own right. I don't place one above the other. Meanwhile, like other polster's, i don't see Lark's work making Matt look "geeky."

Mister J said:
Issue #84 was great, as this entire arc is proving to be. Murdock proceeded to layeth the smacketh down all over Rykers. That man wants answers. It's only going to get better with the addition of
Bullseye and Kingpin
to the mix.

How badass was that ending? Get ready Rykers,
Frank Castle
is coming!

ya I think the next book is going to kick A$$ with you know who coming :up:

Seems like someone is messing with Matt and that person has a connection to the new DD. The guy who hired Hammerhead to mess with Matt works for a lawyer named "Alton Lennox" that name sounds fake, perhaps its an anagram.

GodDAMN what a rush! that last page of issue 84 KILLS!!!! HELL YEAH! Brubaker f'ing rocks!

Read issue # 84 the other day. Man, Brubaker is really making that jail one of the most dangerous places to be, heh. So now we've got Daredevil, Kingpin, Hammerhead, The Owl,
Bullseye...and now THE PUNISHER!!
:eek:

That last page was definitely awesome. And I can't wait until # 87 so we can see who it is beneath the other Daredevil mask. Should be quite interesting.

Brubaker is the freakin' man! :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back