Days of Future Past Official First Class News & Speculation Thread: Class Four

Status
Not open for further replies.
New poster, designed by comics artist Phil Noto: :wow:

3a956384.jpg

Amazing! If only Fox hired real artists... :csad:

That poster is pretty neat. Nice and retro!

some of these indy artist posters are amazing, its shocking how horribly awful the actual studio released posters are.

OMG! Wow people will complain about anything. Somebody on IMDB was whining cause Havok had fire from his chest and not his hands. I finally got around to taking a good look and the fire is coming from hands. Its just a really quick cut (like all of these scenes). I mean dude was ranting and raving, lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ9AMH6OCVw

I love the comics, but I embrace adaptation. I'd hate to see a film that's almost exactly like the comics. It'd be terrible.

Fanboys... :facepalm:

I'm just glad I found this forum. This place is cool. Don't have to worry about all of the bickering back and forth. I can just have fun discussing the movie with people who are anticipating just as much as I am.:yay:

I'm just glad I found this forum. This place is cool. Don't have to worry about all of the bickering back and forth. I can just have fun discussing the movie with people who are anticipating just as much as I am.:yay:

Welcome!

There can be bickering at times, but it's definitely way chiller than IMDB forums. And the majority of us are all pretty positive about the film. :up:

Welcome!

There can be bickering at times, but it's definitely way chiller than IMDB forums. And the majority of us are all pretty positive about the film. :up:

Thanks for the welcome!

Yeah all the negativity gets tiresome. But I must say with these last few trailers it looks like people are starting to come around. But you know there are still those die hard haters who will bash for whatever reason.

I know what you mean! I used to post at some comics forums like Comixfan, but all the bickering depressed me, so I quit. It's the same with IMDb...all the haters and trolls, it's a bit too much. Not good for your health, I mean. :o

I really like the atmosphere here. I started posting before X3 was released, and certainly the film got a lot of hate and the discussions were heavy, but the mods were really good when dealing with the crazies. :woot:

So welcome! :awesome:

I love the comics, but I embrace adaptation. I'd hate to see a film that's almost exactly like the comics. It'd be terrible.
It's exactly the same with movies adapted from books. I love when a director/screen writer comes up with a film that stands for itself, and doesn't have to be exactly like the book to be perfect (i.e., Atonement).

But most book lovers are such snobs, with all their "the book is always better", it's really tiresome. :o
I love the X-Men comics too, but the comics aren't always better than the films. Or maybe it's because I'm a movie lover...cinema has A LOT of power over me! :awesome:

Last edited:
Me too! I also love seeing the X-Men in our world. The 616 timeline with all it's time travel, aliens and cloning? It doesn't feel like reality. That's what I love about the X-Men movies. It's like X-Men... if they were real.

Me too! I also love seeing the X-Men in our world. The 616 timeline with all it's time travel, aliens and cloning? It doesn't feel like reality. That's what I love about the X-Men movies. It's like X-Men... if they were real.
Exactly. The X-Men being part of our world was one of the things that made me love the films - at least the first two - so much. Damn, maybe THE MOST important thing!

That's why I'm so psyched for First Class, and the genius premise of inserting the story into the political and social context of the time. Cuban missile crisis, Kennedy, the whole 60's thing...is it amazing or what? :awesome:

That's also why I can't help looking at The Green Lantern trailers with all their aliens and space and stuff and feeling totally "meh". :dry:

What I'm hoping for with the First Class is that the sequels will probably (and hopefully) be intergrated into more of the social/political/economic worlds. Like with the 70's, they could have a homosexual relationship between two mutants (or a normal person and a mutant), and the 80's could have a mutant run for an political position (Beast perhaps, maybe someone else.) As long as they have the realism that the first2 films and First Class have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"