Days of Future Past Official First Class News & Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen her in anything (haven't seen Winter's Bone yet) but she does sound awesome. I loved the cheers from the audience when she said she was playing Mystique.

Oh and I love her last name :p

I like her first name...since it's the same as mine. :oldrazz:

And she was terrific in Winter's Bone. :up:

Danoyse... Is a chick?

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

I'm not liking all the ragging either...I think the problem is, sometimes we just get too caught up in these comic characters. Yeah we love to read about them and see them interpreted into other media...but they're not real.

We can almost never, light-heartedly go and appreciate a comic movie or tv interpretation without acting like the world is coming to an end if it's not done the way we want it. It's just a movie based on a comic book...your life does not ride or die on it.

If it's bad, then it was a bad, if it's good, then it was good. Life goes on. I'm going to go and see Mr. Vaughn's First Class and I will come here and give my opinion once I've see it. Then I will go on with my life whether I liked it or not.

Sure, but I was thinking of a different pop .. one usually followed by the cries of a baby ..

I somehow don't think that's exactly what he meant given the context. He said that this time next year his cast was going to be hugely popular and in-demand. That Jennifer Lawrence and Nicholas Hault would "pop," that Kevin Bacon was a revelation, and that January Jones had star potential.

Now, I'm not saying that it definitely wasn't a play on words, but it seems unlikely given the textual evidence around it. It seems like he was just pimping out his cast and movie.

I've never seen her in anything (haven't seen Winter's Bone yet) but she does sound awesome. I loved the cheers from the audience when she said she was playing Mystique.

Oh and I love her last name :p
you mean the forced cheers that every talk show uses every 2 minutes on every bad joke?

come on :cwink:

I'm sick of everyone's bias against this movie. Fans are so hypocritical.

ie) Fans defend Green Lantern's awful CGI outfit, Cap's rubber condom helmet, and Kurt Cobain Thor... but they just love to tear this movie to shreds. :doh:

Oh well, can't get blood from a stone I guess.

(ps I still want to see these films)

Green Lantern looked horrible in that trailer, not even the CGI but it looked like Ryan Reynolds playing the same character he does in every movie

Captain America is directed by Joe Johnston who doesn't have the best track record in terms of making good films,

Thor does look good imo, but i unfortunatley don't think it will be that sucesfull at the box office.

Green Lantern looked horrible in that trailer, not even the CGI but it looked like Ryan Reynolds playing the same character he does in every movie

Captain America is directed by Joe Johnston who doesn't have the best track record in terms of making good films,

Thor does look good imo, but i unfortunatley don't think it will be that sucesfull at the box office.

RR Should have stuck with Deadpool...

I'll wait for final judgement on Cap and Thor, I just really want those to be great.

Not in that first trailer, but I'm reserving judgment.

Not in that first trailer, but I'm reserving judgment.

So Vaughn basically admitted to lying about why he left THE LAST STAND. Stand up move, interesting that he ended up thinking that it was him who was the issue, not the production's timeframe.

Unless he's lying again.

Still, it's nice to see him talk about FIRST CLASS, and I love what he's saying.

It was the perfect time for that Matthew Vaughn interview to come out. I loved everything he had to say and it seemed to quiet a lot of the critics on regular movie forums everywhere. Fanboys are going to nitpick and nothing will stop that from happening. He even adressed that...

Did you have any concerns about how, no matter what you do, you may anger some of the die-hard fans
?

Yeah, but I could tell those fans that they’re wrong. One thing about the X-Men world is that, if you know your X-Men universe, every writer reinvented the storyline. I did my research, and none of the histories of the characters make any sense. Each writer just totally changed the history to make their plot work. So I can quite safely say that X-Men has a history of reinventing its history for the sake of the plot.

He has a point to a degree especially when you factor in that Ultimate Universe crap. If the Ultimate Universe can reinvent so much, why not the film universe? As long as they stay true to the essence of the characters they do use...

Here's a collection of everything that we know about the Plot so far:

• The movie is set in 1962.
  • Humanity is still unaware of the existence of mutants.
  • The CIA finds out billionaire Sebastian Shaw, creator of a secret society for rich people called "The Hellfire Club", is secretly a mutant with the power to absorb other peoples' talents that is planning to use the Cuban Missile Crisis as a way to start World War III in order to weaken the governments and open way for him to conquer the world.
  • Shaw is aided by Emma Frost, a powerful telepath that can also turn her skin into diamond and fights for what she believes is the best for the mutant kind.
  • The Hellfire Club's enforcers include Azazel, a demon-looking mutant that can teleport, control fire and is a skilled swordsman; and Riptide, a mutant that can control the winds and spin his body until it becomes a tornado.
  • To stop the Hellfire Club, CIA hires mutants Charles Xavier, a powerful telepath; and Erik Lensherr, who can control metal in all its forms, to put together a team alongside human scientist Dra. Moira McTaggart and her boss, the Man in Black.
  • The team, nicknamed "X-Men", is formed by:
  • Alex Summers, AKA Havok. Cyclops' older brother that can absorb solar energy and convert it into energy blasts that he shoots out of his chest.
  • Hank McCoy, AKA Beast. A young scientist who, during the course of the movie, becomes blue and furry.
  • Raven Darkholme, AKA Mystique. A young shapeshifter who is found at a orphanage. Is eventually divided between who to follow, Xavier or Lensherr, and chased by Azazel, who wants her to have his child.
  • Sean Cassidy, AKA Banshee. Moira's assistant who can emit a powerful supersonic scream.
  • Angel Salvatore. Rebellious girl with insect physiology who posseses folding fly-like wings that she hides using tattoos that cover her body, especially her back.
  • Armando Muñoz, AKA Darwin. A mutant with the power to adapt itself to any environment due to "reactive evolution".
  • Lensherr is the X-Men's field leader, while Xavier stays behind, coordinating the team trough a mind-link, and rarely participates the battles.
  • Xavier is somewhat arrogant, elitist, womanizing and a drinker, whereas Lensherr is a man tormented by the death of his parents in a Nazi Concentration Camp and the death of his wife and daughter during a riot caused by the discovery that he is a mutant.
  • Xavier, Lensherr and Moira have a love triangle.
  • The Man in Black is secretly working with the Hellfire Club.
  • Xavier and Magneto eventually split, with Magneto creating the Brotherhood of Mutants alongside Mystique.
  • Xavier is crippled during a crash-landing of the X-Jet and goes bald after using latent telekinetic powers to rise a nuclear submarine that had been damaged by Azazel out of water.
  • The movie's finale takes place in a island, where Havok and Beast protect Xavier from Magneto while Mystique fights Azazel and Banshee, Darwin and Angel fight Riptide.
  • The movie begins with a Flashback of Magneto's origin in the Concentration Camp in 1942, followed by a Flashback of Xavier's origin, followed by how the two men meet, to then jump into the main Plot.
  • The X-Men have blue and yellow uniforms, but they rarely use it until the final battle.
  • The movie details the construction of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, the Cerebro and Magneto's helmet.

Last edited:
I'm glad this thread remains so positive because just reading the comments on the interview article pisses me off. I thought that kinda craziness was reserved for Batfans but I guess every group has it's extremists.

Its CBM they think because it does'nt have jean and cyclops in it then it will be complete crap it does'nt matter that we got singer and vaughn making the film or fassebnder,mcavoy,january,byrne,platt,bacon,etc acting in it.

This film is too well casted to suck entirely. :) I am sure I will like it just as much as the others and I've liked the whole run so far.

I love what Vaughn has to say about this film. It makes me more excited. Modeling Erik on Connery's Bond and having the CIA involved? It makes me so goddamn excited.

And he's right about the fans. I'm glad he has the balls to actually say it.

I think it's actually gonna be good. IIRC, neither directors of X3/WO really spoke of their film, and vaughn is all over it....which speaks volumes.

Here's a collection of everything that we know about the Plot so far:

• The movie is set in 1942.
  • Humanity is still unaware of the existence of mutants.
  • The CIA finds out billionaire Sebastian Shaw, creator of a secret society for rich people called "The Hellfire Club", is secretly a mutant with the power to absorb other peoples' talents that is planning to use the Cuban Missile Crisis as a way to start World War III in order to weaken the governments and open way for him to conquer the world.
  • Shaw is aided by Emma Frost, a powerful telepath that can also turn her skin into diamond and fights for what she believes is the best for the mutant kind.
  • The Hellfire Club's enforcers include Azazel, a demon-looking mutant that can teleport, control fire and is a skilled swordsman; and Riptide, a mutant that can control the winds and spin his body until it becomes a tornado.
  • To stop the Hellfire Club, CIA hires mutants Charles Xavier, a powerful telepath; and Erik Lensherr, who can control metal in all its forms, to put together a team alongside human scientist Dra. Moira McTaggart and her boss, the Man in Black.
  • The team, nicknamed "X-Men", is formed by:
  • Alex Summers, AKA Havok. Cyclops' older brother that can absorb solar energy and convert it into energy blasts that he shoots out of his chest.
  • Hank McCoy, AKA Beast. A young scientist who, during the course of the movie, becomes blue and furry.
  • Raven Darkholme, AKA Mystique. A young shapeshifter who is found at a orphanage. Is eventually divided between who to follow, Xavier or Lensherr, and chased by Azazel, who wants her to have his child.
  • Sean Cassidy, AKA Banshee. Moira's assistant who can emit a powerful supersonic scream.
  • Angel Salvatore. Rebellious girl with insect physiology who posseses folding fly-like wings that she hides using tattoos that cover her body, especially her back.
  • Armando Muñoz, AKA Darwin. A mutant with the power to adapt itself to any environment due to "reactive evolution".
  • Lensherr is the X-Men's field leader, while Xavier stays behind, coordinating the team trough a mind-link, and rarely participates the battles.
  • Xavier is somewhat arrogant, elitist, womanizing and a drinker, whereas Lensherr is a man tormented by the death of his parents in a Nazi Concentration Camp and the death of his wife and daughter during a riot caused by the discovery that he is a mutant.
  • Xavier, Lensherr and Moira have a love triangle.
  • The Man in Black is secretly working with the Hellfire Club.
  • Xavier and Magneto eventually split, with Magneto creating the Brotherhood of Mutants alongside Mystique.
  • Xavier is crippled during a crash-landing of the X-Jet and goes bald after using latent telekinetic powers to rise a nuclear submarine that had been damaged by Azazel out of water.
  • The movie's finale takes place in a island, where Havok and Beast protect Xavier from Magneto while Mystique fights Azazel and Banshee, Darwin and Angel fight Riptide.
  • The movie begins with a Flashback of Magneto's origin in the Concentration Camp in 1942, followed by a Flashback of Xavier's origin, followed by how the two men meet, to then jump into the main Plot.
  • The X-Men have blue and yellow uniforms, but they rarely use it until the final battle.
  • The movie details the construction of Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters, the Cerebro and Magneto's helmet.

It's set in 1962.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back