Guardians of the Galaxy **OFFICIAL** GOTG Vol. 2 SPOILERS Thread

See that's the thing though Ego was using Peter to supplement his power so I don't understand why Peter's power would disappear with Ego dying.

Also, while we're sort of on the subject. Are some of the infinity stones more powerful than others? Because the Aether was killing Jane a lot more slowly than the Orb or the Tesseract killed people.
The orb was the power gem so it should be one of the strongest and most difficult for the body. Aether being reality shouldn't kill someone instantly same with Tesseract being a space gem.

Saw it last night. I'd give it a 7-7.5/10.

Ego, and all that stuff was the best part of the movie. The movie had a lot of heart; that heart is what saved the whole film from being cringeworthy, in my eyes.

Groot dancing at the beginning, in my opinion, felt so forced.. it felt like "look, we have baby groot..he's so cute!!" Didn't like that, it opened up 100% like a comedy.

Also, way too many jokes, the majority of which fell flat. Fortunately for my taste, the relationships were strong and the movie had heart. Definitely not Marvel's best.

Also, no Fox on the Run in the movie kinda sucked. The Sweet were the epitome of 70s glam rock. Shoulda opened with that.

So, I'm confused about the nature of Peter's powers. I recall Ego saying something along the lines that if he died Peter would be normal, but at the same time the whole point of Ego having all those children was that he needed more power in order to complete his plan. Does Peter still have power inside of him that he's just too unskilled to use or did his power completely disappear? If his power is completely gone could he still hold an infinity stone because of his genetics allowing him to handle large amounts of power or was it the dormant power that kept him from being destroyed?

Peters power came from Ego, with Ego gone he longer has any powers. However, as someone else mentioned his genetics remain the same, so he can do more than a normal human.

See that's the thing though Ego was using Peter to supplement his power so I don't understand why Peter's power would disappear with Ego dying.

Also, while we're sort of on the subject. Are some of the infinity stones more powerful than others? Because the Aether was killing Jane a lot more slowly than the Orb or the Tesseract killed people.

The stones all serve different functions. The power stone or orb is used to destroy anything it comes in direct contact with unless the user has enough will power to hold it for a short time. To be honest this should be the only one Thanos needs.

Gunn on killing Yondu.

“I didn’t want that to be the ending, and I kind of refused to put that in as the ending for a long time. It wasn’t how the movie ended,” Gunn told Uproxx, adding, “But, at the end of the day, I knew that’s where it needed to go. I knew that we need to have real stakes in these movies. We need to lose characters. And not everyone who sees Marvel movies loves that.”
http://www.cbr.com/james-gunn-michael-rooker-guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2/

Saw it last night. I'd give it a 7-7.5/10.

Ego, and all that stuff was the best part of the movie. The movie had a lot of heart; that heart is what saved the whole film from being cringeworthy, in my eyes.

Groot dancing at the beginning, in my opinion, felt so forced.. it felt like "look, we have baby groot..he's so cute!!" Didn't like that, it opened up 100% like a comedy.

Also, way too many jokes, the majority of which fell flat. Fortunately for my taste, the relationships were strong and the movie had heart. Definitely not Marvel's best.

Also, no Fox on the Run in the movie kinda sucked. The Sweet were the epitome of 70s glam rock. Shoulda opened with that.

Yeah, I was very disappointed on not hearing Fox on the Run during that movie. To me parts of the trailer were better than parts in the movie. The baby Groot with the bomb was better and funnier in the trailer than the movie too.

One line that bothered me was when EGO said he searched for so long to find his son. So long??? Ego is millions of years old!!!! The time he spent looking for his son would seem like a blink of an eye...

One line that bothered me was when EGO said he searched for so long to find his son. So long??? Ego is millions of years old!!!! The time he spent looking for his son would seem like a blink of an eye...

I think because he hadn't found anyone that could take on the powers.

So is Stan Lee official a watcher now?

He's credited as Watcher Informant, whatever that means.

He didn't care about any of his children. Just the one that inherited his powers. It wasn't apparent Quill had them until he heard he held an infinity stone.

Yondu was also only in one movie. If he had killed off one of the original five, that is what it would be akin to in IW. The only one I could maybe see biting it is Hawkeye like in the comics. Don't know what Renner's contract is like.

Listening to Awesome Mix 2 and thought of something. Wonder if someone will come up with an Ipod like thing with the 300 songs on it like they Gave Pete?

Listening to Awesome Mix 2 and thought of something. Wonder if someone will come up with an Ipod like thing with the 300 songs on it like they Gave Pete?

One thing I was wondering was when they eventually do an Awesome Mix Vol. 3 if it will still be exclusively 70/80s music like the first two movies or will they start to branch out now that Peter has a Zune which potentially has more modern music on it.

The Zune? It was a real thing. It was Microsoft's answer to the iPod 10 years ago and it failed spectacularly.

One thing I was wondering was when they eventually do an Awesome Mix Vol. 3 if it will still be exclusively 70/80s music like the first two movies or will they start to branch out now that Peter has a Zune which potentially has more modern music on it.
I am thinking they will get more late 80s, 90s songs, early 2000. Peter will get access to more music in IWs movies so when GOTG 3 comes out he will not be behind in the times. Hell Dr.Strange may play him some Beyonce.

The Zune should feature a bunch of 90s one hit wonder songs.

The Zune? It was a real thing. It was Microsoft's answer to the iPod 10 years ago and it failed spectacularly.
lol I remember lol
I never had either, thought it was over priced. I had a cheap dollar store version lol

I still got one of those things laying in a drawer somewhere. LOL

I say BS.

This idea that you can't have "stakes" without killing characters. 100% BS.

That's never been a problem in movies. 99.9999% of the time the heroes win and don't die. We are fine with that. It's always worked in storytelling and always will work.

This is some recent hipster idea that we can't believe in the adventure unless we think someone will die....what a load of crap.

I know Spider-Man, Batman, Iron Man, Superman, etc are not going to die. I know that before I see the movie. It's fine. I can still be on the edge of my seat as the adventure unfolds.....

....if you are a good enough writer to make it work. If you aren't a good enough writer, then you have to resort to cheap tactics like killing off a character.

I really love this movie, but the Yondu death bugs me a lot. It felt fake and a cheap way to try to get the "feels". Same old tactic....side character gets some kind of redemption by sacrificing his/her life to save one of the main characters that we know good and well isn't going to die. Blah blah blah bleh....

This just means Rooker won't be around in the next one and that frankly sucks. Only one person on the planet can do what Rooker does. Now we will get James Gunn's brother doing the arrow thing instead and that won't be as cool. I already hate him...I'm getting on that train early.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"