Official: Gotham City Sirens directed by David Ayer - Part 1

There are more than one indications as to why this movie might get made, that is..

Ayer posting a picture of Black Mask in isolation might not mean anything but when we look at the other developments and the picture Ayer posted, it gives us (fans) some hope that things might be moving forward.

No one said the movie might not get made. No one said the picture Ayer posted meant nothing. No one said things weren't moving forward. I guess I missed something because I have no idea what you're talking about. Oh well I guess.

I hope this is the look David Ayer shoots for his Catwoman suit. Add a bit more functionality, some pockets for Selina to stash her tools and loot in and it's perfect (no pun).

ctw_vol8.jpg

I hope this is the look David Ayer shoots for his Catwoman suit. Add a bit more functionality, some pockets for Selina to stash her tools and loot in and it's perfect (no pun).

ctw_vol8.jpg

Definitely agree with you. Though hopefully hey connect the cowl to the body suit. I hate that neck gap so much.

Wouldn't a separate cap be more practical?

Man, this is some serious level of nit picking.

ctw_vol8.jpg

I hope so too. I'm not sure what Ayer has planned in terms of looks but I'd love something more classy for this movie and this character. Let Harley be the trashy looking one.

Wouldn't a separate cap be more practical?

Man, this is some serious level of nit picking.

Not really. It just leaves it easier to pull the mask off her head and leaves her neck open to any sort of attack. And as a designer, it creates this awkward break in the flow of the design. And unlike Batman, Catwoman could still turn her head with it.

7d652e98c959ff70294dbb1a030718b9.jpg

They could do something like this, only in black.

tumblr_olu815t2Zr1rr34d3o1_540.png

Last edited:
I hope so too. I'm not sure what Ayer has planned in terms of looks but I'd love something more classy for this movie and this character. Let Harley be the trashy looking one.

attachment.php

Just hope to hell it's more Julie Newmar/Earth Kitt/Anne Hathaway and a lot less Halle Berry or even Michelle Pfeiffer. I would love for it to be purple though, with thigh high black boots and matching gloves.

No purple. Black with a purple tint is fine but a vivid purple just doesn't fit with trying to sneak in and steal things.

No purple. Black with a purple tint is fine but a vivid purple just doesn't fit with trying to sneak in and steal things.

Worked just fine for Catwoman in the comic books. How about we get off this kick of trying to make everything super realistic in the movies and start having fun with them again?
Embrace the comic books instead of being ashamed of them and trying to make them some high drama. You've got a Batman that can punch Superman through a brick wall.
But Catwoman can't be purple because someone might see her in the dark? Why must all the DC comic book movies be so drab, dark, and colorless. Even Superman looks like he was rolling in ashes.

Nah... purple is bleh. Black or grey for me. Selina is a ****ing master thief trying not to get caught not a video vixen.

Do not go with the Jim balent costume please. The purple one.

The Balent costume was a gift for fanboys growing up. it's an unbelievable outfit for a master thief. They'd be so silly to pass on adapting the Cooke look for the film.

I'd go for the modern Catwoman look over the purple one, but neither of them would be my ideal. I'd rather have a good update on Pfeiffer or Adam West Catwoman.

I'd go for the modern Catwoman look over the purple one, but neither of them would be my ideal. I'd rather have a good update on Pfeiffer or Adam West Catwoman.

The Adam West look got an update in The Dark Knight Rises.

Yeah, but I said a good update.

That was a pretty good update. Even had the same silhouette/corset shape... Did you want actual ears on top of her head?

Anne-Hathaway-and-Christopher-Nolan-on-the-set-of-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-2012-Movie-Image-600x398.jpg

Without getting into the DKR context and just looking at that as a Catwoman outfit, yes, the problem is more with the ears/mask than the body. I don't go to Catwoman looking for a utilitarian thief look.

That was a pretty good update. Even had the same silhouette/corset shape... Did you want actual ears on top of her head?

Anne-Hathaway-and-Christopher-Nolan-on-the-set-of-The-Dark-Knight-Rises-2012-Movie-Image-600x398.jpg
well, when she was wearing the goggles up they basically formed the cat ears...

...which I felt was a little forced

Last edited:
It looked great. It worked for the realistic tone they were going for in that series of films. It screamed Newmar.

For some reason when I think of Poison Ivy in this film, Meegan Warner (the Turn tv series, a few low budget Horror films) keeps popping up in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"