Official Green Lantern News & Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interview with Grant Major :
Interesting news piece about the new Lantern as a sidenote from DB :

Production Designer Grant Major and Costume Designer Ngila Dixon have created a completely original alien Corps member for the film. Her name is N'Gila Grnt -- a play on the names Ngila and Grant, (She's purple, with a tail and nubbins on her head. Looks kinda like that slave girl Jabba the Hut fed to the Rancor in ROTJ)

http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/...gns?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Are Ngila and Grant totally seperate characters in the GL comics?

Interview with Grant Major :
Interesting news piece about the new Lantern as a sidenote from DB :
Production Designer Grant Major and Costume Designer Ngila Dixon have created a completely original alien Corps member for the film. Her name is N'Gila Grnt -- a play on the names Ngila and Grant, (She's purple, with a tail and nubbins on her head. Looks kinda like that slave girl Jabba the Hut fed to the Rancor in ROTJ)
http://www.dailyblam.com/news/2011/...gns?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

toyfarehalghu.jpg

They just described the character that we have been calling G'hu.

Last edited:

They just said that Ngila and Grant are the first names of the costume designer and production designer.

This character is supposed to have a big role in the flick, right?

521481-0000_large.jpg

G'Hu

I never though the figure looked like G'Hu anyway.

We're still trying to figure out what role Martin Campbell's wife, Sol Romero is playing in the film as well (maybe she wasn't telling the truth).

Last edited:
Awesome. I can't wait to see hear what he produces.

Great to hear that James Newton Howard has finally been confirmed.

I hope that James Newton Howard doe's a really good job. If the score turns out to be bad,there should be at least one good score related track in the movie.

So it's apparent that they are not going to release a trailer on Super Bowl Sunday (whereas "Thor" and "Captain America: The First Avenger" are). According to Variety, a WB exec says that advertising during the Super Bowl "just doesn't move the needle enough" to warrant the steep fees to buy spots. A 30 second spot for this year's Super Bowl will cost around $3 million. It it also apparent that outfits like Warner Brothers and 20th Century Fox have been refraining from airing movie trailers during the Super Bowl for several years and also explains why we will be see a trailer (and much longer than a 30 second spot) when "Sucker Punch" releases in March.

Last edited:
...a WB exec says that advertising during the Super Bowl "just doesn't move the needle enough" to warrant the steep fees to buy spots

Yeah except everyone’s going to be buzzing about Thor and Cap. America after the game, I don’t know who is supposed to bank this but obviously Marvel /Disney thought it was worth it. Also Cowboys & Aliens, Battle L.A., Kung Fu Panda, Pirates 4 and Transformers all bought time.
DC/WB really dropped the ball. ...pun:oldrazz:

Last edited:
Also Cowboys & Aliens, Battle L.A., Kung Fu Panda, Pirates 4 and Transformers all bought time.
DC/WB really dropped the ball.
Yeah, if there's one time to not drop the ball, it's at the Superbowl.

WB has nothing they wanna show us

makes me wonder

They want to show us in March instead, with a longer trailer than they would have for the Superbowl.

They didn't pander to the Super Bowl for the past few years anyway. It's nothing new.

Yeah except everyone’s going to be buzzing about Thor and Cap. America after the game, I don’t know who is supposed to bank this but obviously Marvel /Disney thought it was worth it. Also Cowboys & Aliens, Battle L.A., Kung Fu Panda, Pirates 4 and Transformers all bought time.
DC/WB really dropped the ball. ...pun:oldrazz:

Sure, but is that worth 3 million dollars that you could probably spend (or not) using other cheaper marketing techniques that could expose your product to a larger audience? Notice that they didn't do that for films like Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, or Alice in Wonderland and they did very well at the box office.

Sure, but is that worth 3 million dollars that you could probably spend (or not) using other cheaper marketing techniques that could expose your product to a larger audience? Notice that they didn't do that for films like Harry Potter, Sherlock Holmes, or Alice in Wonderland and they did very well at the box office.

as much as I agree with that it could be argued that just as many if not more big movies that make big money appeared at the superbowl.

it's a moot point.

as much as I agree with that it could be argued that just as many if not more big movies that make big money appeared at the superbowl.

it's a moot point.

The point is that you can still make money without a Superbowl ad spot. That $3 million could be better spent on making your product better rather than fighting over 30 second time slots on Superbowl Sunday.

I mean Super Bowl spots work to build buzz. Sometimes they don't. Sometimes they aren't always necessary.

I mean, I think the Super Bowl spots definitely worked for Iron Man and Hulk at least for Hulk's opening weekend. The problem is that Hulk stunk up theatres and audiences didn't like it.

I think WB is just being careful because reaction to the first trailer and the SDCC footage has been so mixed.

The more people find out about this movie, the better. Saw the trailer and it made me curious about GL, so I went to a comic store and asked the guy to help me get started. He picked out Secret Origin and Rebirth for me. I've fallen in love with the Lantern mythos now. All thanks to this movie and the trailer. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"