Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny that he and Emily VanCamp played siblings on Everwood... coincidence????

Probably. :o

Posted this in the General Discussion thread. Just re-posting here... us newbies have to get our post counts up. :)
-------------
For the moment I'm more relieved than excited about the news. I think it will prove to be a good choice, but could prove to be an inspired one.

Like Chewy said, he was really good in his small role in Zero Dark Thirty. Was also really good in Five-Year Engagement.

Pratt has a good look for Star-Lord, and great comedic timing. Overall, good news.

Marvel, please stop making it hard for me to NOT get excited about your movies.

A film directed by James Gunn, starring one of my favorite actors from one of my favorite comedy shows! I'm beyond loving this!

(And thank God is such an oddball casting choice.)

Also, Kevin Feige is apparently a huge fan of NBC's Thursday night lineup. Hee!

So I dont think ive ever seen him in anything. For those who know Pratt's work, scale of 1 to 10?

So I dont think ive ever seen him in anything. For those who know Pratt's work, scale of 1 to 10?

10! He's done some silly stuff but he's always good in Parks and Rec and he can definitely do other stuff. He was in Moneyball!

Good actor, good range. He's hilarious in the sitcom Parks & Rec (give it a watch) and was really good in Bigelow's Zero Dark Thirty

I don't watch P&R, but from what I've seen, I would say an 8.

More than his past work, and though I don't know how to really quantify it, I'm digging the fact that he seems to *fit* the Quill role really nicely.

Sounds good! Not surprising that Gunn/Whedon/Marvel would want an actor who can do comedy. Congrats to all his fans i guess!

He's really surprised me in Moneyball. I haven't seen ZDT, but I've heard great things. I adore, ADORE P&R. His work as Andy in seasons 2 and 3 is near-comedic perfection.

I love this choice!

Suzanne P&R, allong with Community, is one of those shows Ive been meaning to watch one of these days. Now I have an excuse!

Ditto for Moneyball I guess.

His role in Parks is sooo different from what he did in Moneyball and ZDT that it blows my mind. This seems like it'll be a great balance for him.

Funny that he and Emily VanCamp played siblings on Everwood... coincidence????

Probably. :o

Chris Evans played opposite Scarlett Johansson twice before The Avengers. There was that highschool movie (I forget what it was called but it was about stealing those test papers) and then that babysitting movie where Evans was Scarlett's neighbour and love interest.

I wonder if Sharon Carter will eventually have any scenes opposite Star Lord.

Chris Evans played opposite Scarlett Johansson twice before The Avengers. There was that highschool movie (I forget what it was called but it was about stealing those test papers) and then that babysitting movie where Evans was Scarlett's neighbour and love interest.

I wonder if Sharon Carter will eventually have any scenes opposite Star Lord.

The Perfect Score. :up:

anyone against this casting needs to watch Moneyball and Zero Dark Thirty..he's more than just a comedian.. just is also amazingly funny..stellar casting so far.. now let's get Statham that Rocket Raccoon role..

tumblr_mfkf3rTm1n1ryanbvo1_500.gif

tumblr_lyju8opo571qzkyd5o2_500.gif

tumblr_mg6s2q7ifM1r3rpnio1_500.png

tumblr_m95ih35Hzk1qlvrbko1_r1_500.gif

tumblr_m9h8q2t22Y1ru5yiro1_500.gif

Wow, this gonna be crazy. I dig Pratt he has a pretty good range.

Offerman would actually make a super awesome Rocket Raccoon.

This is a great choice. They settled on someone who can handle the comedic aspects of the role along with all the action that GotG is bound to have. The fact that he wasn't on any of the rumored "short lists" is only a bonus.

It's good to see that Pratt has shaped up from his Parks & Rec form. Star Lord needs to be solid under his suit.

BLX4qnx.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"