Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I see about Lee Pace but where does it say about Terrance Stamp?

Lee Pace looks physically quite like Korvac.

A hypester is going around claiming he has a scoop, and that Terrance Stamp is playing the Collector. We'll see how it plays out.

Saying positive things about the studio is not even the part that matters,

Then why present that quote from him as if it does matter?

why would he be lying about the part where he said that Marvel is such a big name that they don't have to rely on getting big actors to sell the film? There's nothing ass-kissy about that quote. It doesn't make Marvel look any better or any worse, it's just a fact.

It's just a coincidence that the director with the cast of least name recognizable actors says that?

A hypester is going around claiming he has a scoop, and that Terrance Stamp is playing the Collector. We'll see how it plays out.

Which Hypester is that? I haven't seen anything on the Guardians threads so far.

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough who he's playing. My bet's on Korvac, but I'd say the Magus is definitely more likely than Thanos or the Collector.

At the very least we should find out in June when filming begins and they issue the press release stating principle photography has begun and list the star sheet.

That said, I'm sure we'll get a rumor out of LR before then, probably in the next couple weeks.

I'm hoping Pace is Korvac, because having him as the Collector would be a missed opportunity to cast an older, seasoned A-list actor in the part. I really don't want them reimagining the Collector either.

I don't see Pace as Thanos though. I don't know how much he wants to show his face, but Korvac would provide ample opportunity for Pace to do that while in human form.

Plus Korvac is strongly associated with the Badoon.

At the very least we should find out in June when filming begins and they issue the press release stating principle photography has begun and list the star sheet.

That said, I'm sure we'll get a rumor out of LR before then, probably in the next couple weeks.

You mean El Mayimbe looking at a Wikipedia list of GoTG villains and changing his stance 4 times before a reputable source confirms? Probably.

Then why present that quote from him as if it does matter?
I didn't say the whole quote didn't matter, I said the part where he was praising Marvel doesn't matter. The part where he says "I think Marvel's been fantastic"

It's the rest of the quote that matters:
"they are such a big name and they're able to create such big movies that they really look for the right person for the role instead of just a big star for the role."
Nothing about this quote is ass-kissy. He's just stating what he has experienced while working with them.

It's just a coincidence that the director with the cast of least name recognizable actors says that?
Exactly! You're actually making my point for me lol. Look at his cast, it's made up of a bunch of moderately known character actors because Gunn believes in getting the right people for roles rather than big names, because Marvel is a big enough name itself.

You mean El Mayimbe looking at a Wikipedia list of GoTG villains and changing his stance 4 times before a reputable source confirms? Probably.
lol not really Mayimbe. Remember, LR was the first to report on Batroc and also the first and only source to reveal Redford was playing Pierce before the official casting announcement.

The movie doesn't need to be sold on her name. Is that why you guys are hell-bent on this? Because you have no faith in Marvel's name that you think it needs a huge name actor to sell it? :doh:

Thats one giant leap of a conclusion you took there.

Exactly! You're actually making my point for me lol. Look at his cast, it's made up of a bunch of moderately known character actors because Gunn believes in getting the right people for roles rather than big names, because Marvel is a big enough name itself.

My point was never about how big Marvel is or isn't, but simply that Hollywood types are not paragons of truth. If you believe everything that comes out of Gunn's mouth so be it. To me he's just another director doing what he's expected to do.

My point was never about how big Marvel is or isn't, but simply that Hollywood types are not paragons of truth. If you believe everything that comes out of Gunn's mouth so be it. To me he's just another director doing what he's expected to do.
I don't believe everything out of his mouth. But I believe him when he says something as simple and straight forward as Marvel is a big name so he feels safe choosing the actors he thinks are best for the roles. Nobody has given a good reason as to why he would be lying about that, especially considering the cast so far reflects that mentality perfectly.

Is it? I only simply stated that I thought of her as a big name. You said Zoe Saldana's name doesn't sell movies as if it needs to.

I was trying to illustrate that big names sell movies and that Zoe is not a big name because she doesn't sell movies. I thought that was obvious, I apologize if you didn't get that.

I was trying to illustrate that big names sell movies and that Zoe is not a big name because she doesn't sell movies. I thought that was obvious, I apologize if you didn't get that.
So you're saying that, to you, big name actors are only actors who are able to sell films by their names? Because my thought is that a big name actor is someone that a lot of people know about. Someone who is talked about. There are not many actors out there who can sell a film on their name.

Tyler Perry. LOL, forget I ever said that.

tumblr_m79tsu6rQA1qhdeot.gif

So you're saying that, to you, big name actors are only actors who are able to sell films by their names? Because my thought is that a big name actor is someone that a lot of people know about. Someone who is talked about. There are not many actors out there who can sell a film on their name.

Jesus, I mean I already told you what I meant. Zoe Saldana is not a big name, sorry. She's not. Tommy Lee Jones is a big name. Jeff Bridges is a big name. Samuel L. Jackson is a big name. I can keep giving you examples of big name actors in supporting roles in Marvel movies. Ask people on the street who Zoe Saldana is, you won't get instant "Yeah I know her!" reactions from them. From your own definition of what a big name is, Zoe doesn't fit. I'm done here, I'll give you the last word since it's obvious that you covet it.

Tyler Perry. LOL, forget I ever said that.

Is the reason people went to see Star Trek.:o

He better be in the sequel. In a wig and dress.

Jesus, I mean I already told you what I meant. Zoe Saldana is not a big name, sorry. She's not.
In my opinion she is a big name. In your opinion she's not. So there's no issue here. The first part of your response was unnecessary, it was a rhetorical question.

Tommy Lee Jones is a big name. Jeff Bridges is a big name. Samuel L. Jackson is a big name.
Nobody went to see Thor because of Anthony Hopkins, they went to see it because of Chris Hemsworth and nobody even knew who he was. Nobody saw Iron Man because of Jeff Bridges or Sam Jackson they saw it because Iron Man is an extremely cool superhero. Nobody went to see Captain America because of Tommy Lee Jones, they went to see it because they knew it was connected to the Avengers. None of those actors you mentioned were able to sell any of the Marvel films. Marvel can carry itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"