Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the team, isn't it strategically speaking a liability to have two mofo's with just blades as weapons? Raccoon and Star-Lord can blast enemies from a distance, but then have to worry Drax and Gamora getting in the line of fire when they run to the enemy to stab them.

I don't take everything at face value, and Carrey is a naturally funny guy. It honestly seemed like he was using some humor in his response to the question, with the way he replied to it and then saying that stuff about the whole world. To me, I can imagine Marvel telling him to say that if someone brought it up. That's just me. Carrey's involvement in this movie is still possible, so this really isn't the time to come to conclusions when none have been officially reached.

"Straight from the horse's mouth" beats "hearsay and rumor from El Maybe" every time, though. :word:

I actually really like that concept art that was posted. Adi Granov is an amazingly talented artist.

I'd be okay with them using the costumes shown too (I believe those are the costumes they're currently wearing the the Marvel NOW! publications), as those appear to be film friendly.

"Straight from the horse's mouth" beats "hearsay and rumor from El Maybe" every time, though. :word:

That is true, and I would have gone with that if I hadn't seen Carrey in the interview. He just seems like he's hiding something.

Dont Shoot the Messenger, but DRAX UPDATE

Source: http://latino-review.com/2013/03/10/update-marvels-guardians-galaxy/
UPDATE 3/10/13:

Because so many of have been asking me, I figure I update the story. So from what I understand, Jason Momoa is now officially out and Dave Baustista is flying in to meet with Marvel in Los Angeles this week to discuss the role of Drax. Bautista has been the good soldier, auditioning, and it now looks like he has outlasted not only Momoa, but Isiah Mustafa, and Brian Patrick Wade. Again, he is flying into Marvel to take a meeting. Could he get an offer? Maybe. Depending how he does in the room with the execs. I also think they’re trying to drum up fan support hence why you saw Vin Diesel drop a picture on his facebook page of him and Bautista in the upcoming Riddick. Let’s see how this plays out. Should be an interesting week.

Dave Bautista stats
HT: 6'4"
ETHNICITY: Filipino, Greek

Last edited:
It's like the movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Momoa = Colin Farrell, Batista = RDJ's character :oldrazz:

Honestly though Batista is horrible. Keep him away

It won't be any of those names mentioned.

So Momoa is "officially" out now? Didn't Mayimbe himself, just a few days ago, say that Momoa "officially" got the part, before deleting his tweet? Either Marvel is toying with him or he has misinformation. I strongly doubt Batista will land the role. He's not right for it in more ways then one. And nobody wants to see him in the role. After all the fan support for Momoa, if this news is true, I wonder how it possibly didn't work out. It just seems like a perfect fit.

Also, he's flying to Los Angeles? I thought casting was taking place in the UK.

Honestly though Batista is horrible. Keep him away

Xm3NE7x.jpg

I bet it's not any of the people Mayimbe is throwing out.

It's like the movie Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Momoa = Colin Farrell, Batista = RDJ's character :oldrazz:

Marvel's probably giving Batista free Mad Titan-battling lessons with Val Kilmer as we speak.

So Momoa is "officially" out now? Didn't Mayimbe himself, just a few days ago, say that Momoa "officially" got the part, before deleting his tweet? Either Marvel is toying with him or he has misinformation. I strongly doubt Batista will land the role. He's not right for it in more ways then one. And nobody wants to see him in the role. After all the fan support for Momoa, if this news is true, I wonder how it possibly didn't work out. It just seems like a perfect fit.

Also, he's flying to Los Angeles? I thought casting was taking place in the UK.

I think El Maybe is just pulling stuff out of his ass now. He's so tangled up in his various lies that he has to be desperately hoping for one of them to pan out.

Just like with Chris Pratt and Emily Van Camp, Marvel will likely choose someone whose name hasn't been mentioned anywhere for the Drax role. They have successfully kept their choices under the radar until they were ready to make announcements.

Yeah, this latino review guy is pulling stuff out of his butt now. Let's just have patience. We'll find out who will play the character soon. 80% probability they choose Momoa. It's just a question of negotiating the price. How far apart could they be?

$5M versus $500k? Or $2M vs $1M?

Last edited:
Looking at the team, isn't it strategically speaking a liability to have two mofo's with just blades as weapons? Raccoon and Star-Lord can blast enemies from a distance, but then have to worry Drax and Gamora getting in the line of fire when they run to the enemy to stab them.

They're superhumanly strong and resistant to damage. Doubt it even fazes them.

T"Challa;25370479 said:

Of course, we could always see Pepper Potts showing up like this:

shakespeare-in-love-viola-de-lesseps.jpg

And how about a cameo from Ben Affleck as Matt Murdock now that Marvel own the rights to DD (see, he's reading his briefs while leaning on his blind man's cane :hehe: ):

RL-FTRC2.jpg

And maybe Phil Coulson will join them since he's back from the dead:

movies-much-ado-about-nothing-clark-gregg.jpg

It really feels like we're due for some casting any day now.

Especially since, during the February Iron Man 3 footage screening, Feige said we were "3 to 4 weeks away" from hearing some official casting

It really feels like we're due for some casting any day now.

Especially since, during the February Iron Man 3 footage screening, Feige said we were "3 to 4 weeks away" from hearing some official casting

I almost see a very rapid fire cast reveal. They simply don't have the time to drag Gamora casting on the way they did Star Lord and Drax.

i think it's moreso the media giving the impression that they're dragging on Drax casting and not working on the rest. I would assume they're reading for all of the major roles at once now, if they haven't already found their actors.

Once the lead is in place it's easier to screen test actors, as they can test them opposite Pratt and bounce stuff around instead of telling them to get in a weird costume and go... do stuff.

I almost see a very rapid fire cast reveal. They simply don't have the time to drag Gamora casting on the way they did Star Lord and Drax.

They probably already have someone lined up for Gamora, they have just been more quiet about it.

They're superhumanly strong and resistant to damage. Doubt it even fazes them.

Yeah, but nouan has a good point, one that always occurs to me when I look at concept art or GotG comics. Drax and Gamora brought knives to a laser fight. It only looks (semi) cool as artwork, but as a practical matter it's ridiculous. Their opponents are going to be lighting into them with lasers and missiles while they are trying to get close enough with their medieval melee weapons to get in a cut or two. This is a freaking space opera. How about some appropriate weapons?

It's not like they never used guns in the comics. You can have them all run around with a blaster, but up close, Gamora and Drax would unleash true carnage with their blades.

If they cast a man or a manly woman in the role they will be dragging Gamora casting. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"