Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron Perlman is in his 60s and I believe he made comments when doing Hellboy that he wouldn't be doing the charater many more times because he was getting too old for all of the prosthetics. I doubt he would want to do that for Thanos for the next 5 years or so.

In regards to Thanos, why wouldn't they just use Damion Poitier at this point? Or why not use him physically and use someone else for the voice?

They're going to hire an actor to play Thanos, not the stuntman they used for a 3 second smile

yeah they can get any actor for him, doesn't even need to be a big dude

forced perspective and the directors other assorted tricks can take care of the size thing
action scenes might need some cg, but only if thanos is really mixing it up hand-to-hand

No Mo-Cap!!!

Whatever happened to good, stan-winston level make-up effects??
Thanos looked great in the quick flash we saw of him
why would he need to be computer generated?!

make-up>>>>>>>>>> CGI

...Thanos was computer generated in the quick flash we saw of him.

Make-up limits the number of actors who can play the part. Marvel is not going to hire Nathan Jones to play the most important villain role in the entire MCU.

They're going to hire an actor to play Thanos, not the stuntman they used for a 3 second smile

Exactly. Damien Portier is basically like that guy who played Voldermort in the first Potter movie; An answer to a trivia question.

Or like the crew member who played the Emperor in TESB

Make-up limits the number of actors who can play the part. Marvel is not going to hire Nathan Jones to play the most important villain role in the entire MCU.

Perhaps, but I really doubt that Thanos is going to be a total CGI character like the Hulk.

Because you know better than Marvel who can play the part. :whatever:

seems okay, he's jacked out of his mind and I assume won't have to do much acting so much as beating things up. Don't expect much dialog out of anyone who was gunna play Drax

So he should be forced to like whomever they go with instead?
Not saying that, but over exaggerating on how bad the casting is isn't warranted with how little we know. From what I can tell none of us here actually know how good or bad an actor he is.

This is like the most disheartening Marvel news ever :(

Like I said in the other thread he must have had an impressive screentest. They really haven't been off the mark yet. I would have preferred Momoa but w/e, I trust 'em.

I normally do too but Bautista was cringe-inducing in that RZA movie. Guess I'll just have to hope for the best

This is like the most disheartening Marvel news ever :(
I can give Marvel the benefit of the doubt with this one, although I was against it before. I know we use that "it's not Shakespeare" thing a lot, but honestly, Drax will ultimately be a Volstagg in Thor type of role. Anyway, it's on to Gamora now I guess.

In Marvel I Trust. Besides, wasn't he supposed to have been fairly good in The Man With The Iron Fists? I thought it was RZA who was the guy pegged as "terrible actor shouldn't have been in it"?

In Marvel I Trust. Besides, wasn't he supposed to have been fairly good in The Man With The Iron Fists? I thought it was RZA who was the guy pegged as "terrible actor shouldn't have been in it"?
They were both dreadful in it.

The casting so far has failed to get me excited for this. The Raccoon might save it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"