Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

^^Never heard of 'em.

until they have Ryan Gosling, none of the other names matter

Is Ryan Gosling the be all and end all of actors at this time?

Don't forget Idris Elba, Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy.

:o

I meant by the names. People seem to rotate the same actors (i.e. the ones mentioned above) for every role out there.

I predict James Gunn and Co. are waiting for a "special character actor" to get done with filming with Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Can you guess? Who would make the most sense to bring life to a memorable character/creature?
Let's see, Gollum/Smeagol, King Kong, Caesar, and Captain Haddock. He would be my first pick to truly invent and bring to life Rocket Racoon!

Ah, Andy Serkis, the most obvious choice ever. Does he have the voice for RR, that is the question?

Doesn't stop people from casting him as T'challa.

Marvel Studios probably a list of people to play Black Panther, assuming that that is part of Phase 3. However, they can scratch Don Cheadle, Sam Jackson, Idris Elba, Djimon Hounsou, Anthony Mackie, Derek Luke and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje off that list. Due to involvement in Marvel Films outside of MCU, they can also take Jamie Foxx and Omar Sy off the list.

Besides, with Elba, Hounsou and Agbaje now playing different characters within the MCU, the popular choice on the forums to play Black Panther is Chiwetel Ejiofor and (if they want younger) Chadwick Boseman.

I don't see where Black Panther fits into phase 3 unless they push Avengers 3 back to 2019 or something.

A lot of the most popular suggestions for BP are simply too old for the role, including Idris. They could maybe play his father, but not him.

A lot of the most popular suggestions for BP are simply too old for the role, including Idris. They could maybe play his father, but not him.

Yeah, I cringe every time someone suggests Hounsou for T'Challa. I mean, they know he's 50, right?

Aldis Hodge and Chadwick Boseman are two good choices that we hear often though.

I haven´t followed the thread very well so maybe you discussed this already, but who do you think could play Thanos? I mean the guy is a powerhouse and huge! I know there aren´t many actors that big. The rock is big enough but I don´t want him. Who do you think they will choose? And ofc one can´t expect him to be as big as Rock but defintely not smaller than V.D.

I got a lot of flack for this, but I really think he should be CGI mo-capped, like Ruffalo in Avengers. Benedict Cumberpatch is my first pick to play him. He's met with Marvel in the past, I believe, so there's a possibility he's discussed some sort of role before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"