Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 3

More big leaguers incoming is my gut feeling.

Mine too. They have the smaller actors, the decent sized names, and now someone like Glenn Close. I think the names are only gonna get bigger

I'm surprised they didn't try to get Judi Dench in the Glenn Close role.

I expect to hear more unconventional names, I'm not even gonna touch the "big name" subject because I'd rather celebrate the casting of Glenn Close than start a tired argument ;)

I expect to hear more unconventional names, I'm not even gonna touch the "big name" subject because I'd rather celebrate the casting of Glenn Close than start a tired argument ;)

BECAUSE YOU LOST THE ARGUMENT WOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'VE HAD A LOT OF COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wow::wow::wow::wow::hrt::wow:

BECAUSE YOU LOST THE ARGUMENT WOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'VE HAD A LOT OF COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wow::wow::wow::wow::hrt::wow:
I lost the argument? Ummm, no.

I've said multiple times that there's a good chance that the film will get more big names (in fact I made it clear that I consider Zoe Saldana a big name), but it's not a priority for the filmmakers. Whatever role she is playing, James Gunn wanted her for the role. They very well could get even more big names than those 2, and they also may not.

Also, she has a very alien look to her already, so I hope she plays an alien looking character.

I lost the argument? Ummm, no.

I've said multiple times that there's a good chance that the film will get more big names (in fact I made it clear that I consider Zoe Saldana a big name), but it's not a priority for the filmmakers. Whatever role she is playing, James Gunn wanted her for the role.

Also, she has a very alien look to her already, so I hope she plays an alien looking character.

Way to take my ribbing seriously.:csad::o

Would she have even said yes?

I remember hearing she was going to because she was going blind or something...or did I just make that up

I remember hearing she was going to because she was going blind or something...or did I just make that up

She does have something wrong with one of her eyes, so it's entirely possible she said that. She has to have scripts read to her.

Whoa I just had a thought. What if Hugh Laurie is up for Rocket Raccoon? That's a name I never thought of before. He'd be perfect for Rocket Raccoon if they go British OR American for the accent.

Judi Dench is going blind. (Whoops! Way to come in on the tail end of a convo.)

Will Close be playing Worldmind? In that instance, wouldn't it be more of a voice role than a physical one, or might they show Worldmind as a humanoid?

Dench isn't going blind but she does have some amount of degenerative sight issues:

"In response to the numerous articles in the media concerning my eye condition - macular degeneration - I do not wish for this to be overblown," Dench said in a statement emailed to Reuters.

"This condition is something that thousands and thousands of people all over the world are having to contend with. It's something that I have learnt to cope with and adapt to - and it will not lead to blindness."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/02/20/us-judidench-eyesight-idUSTRE81J0X720120220

Judi Dench is going blind. (Whoops! Way to come in on the tail end of a convo.)

Will Close be playing Worldmind? In that instance, wouldn't it be more of a voice role than a physical one, or might they show Worldmind as a humanoid?

That would be my guess.

They could even throw in the whole origin backstory there, of Ko Rel, the female Kree captain who was part of the Nova Corps and got backstabbed by a certain green-skinned Amazon who shall remain nameless (*koff*gamora*koff*), and her spirit then was absorbed into Worldmind. That whole story arc was the doings of DnA, too, so there's definitely a GOTG connection there. (And if it's from the same story arc, does that mean we can look for The Phalanx as the cannon-fodder baddies in this movie?)

All of this flood of info is starting to make sense now. As Worldmind, Glenn Close would be more or less the "police chief" of the Nova Corps. And the spec that Lee Pace is actually playing Richard Rider begins to make a lot more sense, too ---- they said he's being groomed for a spinoff movie, and he's a "bad guy" who becomes a good guy. If you don't take "bad guy" so literally, and just assume that the rumors mean he's an antagonist to Quill and the Guardians, it looks more and more like cops 'n' robbers in outer space, with the "robbers" (GOTG) being the sympathetic characters, and the Nova Corps playing ruthless and determined cops.

Weird to see people like Redford and Close in Marvel movies.

After Redford's casting, nothing will ever surprise me. Unless they cast someone like Selena Gomez which would be the complete opposite kind of surprise.

I just noticed Deadline off-handily confirmed the John C Reily casting.

Oh my god I love Glenn close! I'm so excited marvel can get someone of her caliber! Do you reckon when she gets a job she yells "this has just been Closed" and then storms out, breaks something and makes out with a hot guy?

By the way, am I the only one who pictured this when I heard the news?

XVtagao.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"