Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jason Bourne in outer-space.. I would not oppose. Especially if he is interested.

He was interested in Star Wars and Star Trek, so I'm sure with the right people attached he'd consider it. It'd certainly bring the film some attention. Abrams had to call Damon and explain to him that they were going for a younger Kirk after Damn had expressed the rumors as, intriguing him. I think out of all the big names that Damon wouldn't see it as below him. And maybe wouldn't be opposed to wearing the mask as the infamous "Brothers Grimm Nose Incident" would suggest.

Last edited:
Damon as Star-Lord would be all kinds of great. If he's interested, give it to him.

It would probably depend on who they get to direct.

Damon would be too good to be true. My guess is he wouldnt be interested and that it would take too much money to change his mind. But who knows?

Can't wait to see him in Elysium though.

I know Quill is supposed to be in his mid-30's in the comics, but most of the actors I like for Star-Lord are around 40. Harrison Ford was in his late 30's when he played Han Solo, which is the equivalent of early 40's these days. Not that they're the same character, but I think Quill should have a bit of mileage by the time we meet him in GotG.

Probably right. But if there ever were a major star who'd check his ego it's probably him. He'd need a good finished script though as he said that THe Bourne Ultimatum was a shooting nightmare he doesn't want to re-live.

Groot: John Rhys-Davies
Drax: Vin Diesel
Gamora: Malin Akerman
Rocket Racoon: Daniel Craig
Star-Lord: Chris Pine

Damon would be too good to be true. My guess is he wouldnt be interested and that it would take too much money to change his mind. But who knows?

Can't wait to see him in Elysium though.

I know Quill is supposed to be in his mid-30's in the comics, but most of the actors I like for Star-Lord are around 40. Harrison Ford was in his late 30's when he played Han Solo, which is the equivalent of early 40's these days. Not that they're the same character, but I think Quill should have a bit of mileage by the time we meet him in GotG.

Quill is 32.

Marvel always underages their characters, even when it doesn't make sense. It's ridiculous that you have people like Cyclops who've gone through so much and they're supposedly only 29 by now or so. I see no problem with casting an actor who's up to 42 if he looks the part.

Early 40's works fine for Star-Lord. Works better than younger to be honest, easier to make him seem like he's been through some wear and tear

Early 40's works fine for Star-Lord. Works better than younger to be honest, easier to make him seem like he's been through some wear and tear

It's funny; everyone's casting Star-Lord much older and Drax much younger (Drax is at least 50, probably closer to 60, given that his daughter has been an adult superhero for many years in Marvel continuity.)

There's nothing strange about that, given that he's not in his original body. The body of Drax the Destroyer is one which was manufactured by Chronos, the god of the Titans, who put the spirit of Arthur Douglas into his creation. There's no reason whatsoever why Drax should be played by an older actor because the age of Arthur Douglas at his death has no bearing at all on the appearance of Drax the Destroyer, and a younger actor would actually be more fitting for the role. At most they'd need an older actor for the occasional flashback to his human life.

There's nothing strange about that, given that he's not in his original body. The body of Drax the Destroyer is one which was manufactured by Chronos, the god of the Titans, who put the spirit of Arthur Douglas into his creation. There's no reason whatsoever why Drax should be played by an older actor because the age of Arthur Douglas at his death has no bearing at all on the appearance of Drax the Destroyer, and a younger actor would actually be more fitting for the role. At most they'd need an older actor for the occasional flashback to his human life.

I still think when they bring in Moondragon, she should at least be 10-15 years younger than whoever's playing Drax.

Yeah 32 is much too young. If they choose a young actor, they'll have to "age" him a bit, which should be no problem.

And obviously you can't have a 50-60 year old actor playing Drax. His "age" in the comics has nothing to do with his actual physical condition. Hes not human any more, for one thing. Therefore, Moondragon's age isnt a factor.

Oops my bad, someone already addressed this.

adamwarlockq.jpg

I'll just leave this here...

F Yeah! he was my choice for Moon Knight but Cillian Murphy in the MCU is a must

Yeah 32 is much too young. If they choose a young actor, they'll have to "age" him a bit, which should be no problem.

And obviously you can't have a 50-60 year old actor playing Drax. His "age" in the comics has nothing to do with his actual physical condition. Hes not human any more, for one thing. Therefore, Moondragon's age isnt a factor.

Oops my bad, someone already addressed this.

I'd just do what they did with Evans; they had a guy in his late 20s (now early 30s) play a guy in his early-mid 20s. Same game, but 10 years older.

Or they could just have a 40 year old actor playing a 40 year old character :)

Just cast someone in their mid-thirties... how hard is that? It allows him room for sequels and keeps him nicely "weathered." That's why I chose Jared Padalecki, he's old enough and young enough, rough-looking and handsome.

But Star-Lord isn't a 40 year old.

He should be mid-30's at least. Marvel's really guitared about the ages of their characters, sometimes. It's as if they refuse to have any of their characters be 30 or over even though it makes no logical sense for them to be younger.

Star-Lord makes far more sense as a character who's got a lot of mileage on him and has lots of experience, has made awful mistakes, and has spent years regretting those mistakes. That fits someone who's 35-45 far more than someone who's a 29-year-old.

He should be mid-30's at least. Marvel's really guitared about the ages of their characters, sometimes. It's as if they refuse to have any of their characters be 30 or over even though it makes no logical sense for them to be younger.

Star-Lord makes far more sense as a character who's got a lot of mileage on him and has lots of experience, has made awful mistakes, and has spent years regretting those mistakes. That fits someone who's 35-45 far more than someone who's a 29-year-old.

No one said he was 29; he's 32. I'd rather have a slightly younger actor, who won't be breaking his ankle during filming because he's too old to do stunts.

I think John Krasinski would be a great Star-Lord; at the time of release, he'd be 34.

Just cast someone in their mid-thirties... how hard is that? It allows him room for sequels and keeps him nicely "weathered." That's why I chose Jared Padalecki, he's old enough and young enough, rough-looking and handsome.

I'd prefer they avoid Supernatural entirely, or any other CW shows. At least you didn't say Ackles though.

No one said he was 29; he's 32. I'd rather have a slightly younger actor, who won't be breaking his ankle during filming because he's too old to do stunts.

I think John Krasinski would be a great Star-Lord; at the time of release, he'd be 34.

Whoops. I had a brainfart and was thinking of the BS age that was thrown out in X-Men comics, which really stuck in my mind because there's no way the original X-Men experienced so much in such a short amount of time. Especially when you throw in years spent in cocoons, romance, marriage, children, remarriage, etc.

And really? It's not as if Downey has brittle bone syndrome. Anyone can hurt their ankle, regardless of age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"