Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You always were quick with the scarf picture. I admire that.

No Krasinski conversation is complete without it :up:

How about the cast of Firefly playing the Guardians? lol

I've actually considered Adam Baldwin for Drax given he's big, muscular, cheap, fan-boy loved, and the right age to have a 25 year old daughter in sequels.

scaled.php

That could be even more fun than my "cast the Fantastic Four from Fringe" idea. :yay:

Nathan Fillion is Starlord. Adam Baldwin is Drax. Gina Torres is Gamorra. Alan Tudyk is Rocket Raccoon ( no, RR isn't Wash, but Tudyk can do more than Wash ). Groot can be voiced by Joss Whedon, electronically distorted. ;)

That could be even more fun than my "cast the Fantastic Four from Fringe" idea. :yay:

Nathan Fillion is Starlord. Adam Baldwin is Drax. Gina Torres is Gamorra. Alan Tudyk is Rocket Raccoon ( no, RR isn't Wash, but Tudyk can do more than Wash ). Groot can be voiced by Joss Whedon, electronically distorted. ;)

Summer Glau would HAVE to be Gamora.

Eh, Gina Torres fits Gamora more, not only in attitude but build. Plus, my "like" of Summer Glau's waned over the years. I wouldn't mind not seeing her in a Marvel movie. The rest of the Firefly cast can be cast any way Gunn, Whedon, et. al., see fit.

Eh, Gina Torres fits Gamora more, not only in attitude but build. Plus, my "like" of Summer Glau's waned over the years. I wouldn't mind not seeing her in a Marvel movie. The rest of the Firefly cast can be cast any way Gunn, Whedon, et. al., see fit.

Said no one but Suzanne78.

If Gunn is directing, I'd be shocked if Fillion wasn't Star-Lord.

Last edited:
Maybe this movie would get him to work out and get back in shape.

Definitley Alan Tudyk doing his voice from A Knight's Tale for RR

Said no one but Suzanne78.

Hardly. But, you know... opinions and such. :cwink:

Since we're casting GOTG with the Best of Whedon, has anyone mentioned Amy Acker as a possible Gamora? If you doubt me, you should watch her turn as Iiyria in season 5 of Angel. Girl can play a war god like she was born to do it.

Last edited:
I know I'm pushing the age thing hard...but ideally...

Drax- Early 40s
Star-Lord- Mid-30s
Gamora- Mid-late 20s.
Groot- Probably wouldn't let you count his rings.

People always forget when casting characters, that you're not casting them for where they are in the comics now, you're casting them for the start of the journey. Does anyone really want to start Star-Lord's journey with a 47 year old actor?

David Boreanaz must be cast.

Definitely need a British actor to voice Rocket Raccoon.

So I was watching Breaking Bad, and I was thinking

What about Aaron Paul as StarLord?
Aaron+Paul.jpeg

If your a fan of the show you know this, but for others he has been second only to Brian Cranston and amazingly has stood toe to toe with him countless times in the series acting-wise on his way to an Emmy and a couple other nominations. He's displayed every range of emotion you could ask for, and this would be his first big movie role so he would be cheaper...which fits with what I think Marvel/Disney are doing with GOTG.

I don't pretend to know as much as others do about the GOTG...so I figured I'd put it out there and see if he fit the role to you. Kang he's 33 ;) ...only issue I really see is Height at 5'8"...though for the most part Marvel have been consistent at hiring actors that are a couple inches shorter than what they are supposed to be. Plus it would make whomever they cast as Drax look all the more bigger.

Just want to hear people's opinion on it

After seeing Glau in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I came to positively despise her acting. Her unblinking stare technique is annoying, even for a robotic character. The only way I can see Glau playing Gamora is if they have her as a half-rotted corpse, as in The Infinity Gauntlet. That'd be the best use of her talents.

I know I'm pushing the age thing hard...but ideally...

Drax- Early 40s
Star-Lord- Mid-30s
Gamora- Mid-late 20s.
Groot- Probably wouldn't let you count his rings.

People always forget when casting characters, that you're not casting them for where they are in the comics now, you're casting them for the start of the journey. Does anyone really want to start Star-Lord's journey with a 47 year old actor?

Yeah, you are pushing the age thing hard, particularly for Drax, for whom it would not fit. He should be younger and superbuff, not 40's or older. Once again, he does not have to look like he's old enough to be Moondragon's father because he didn't father her in the body he's currently in.

After seeing Glau in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, I came to positively despise her acting. Her unblinking stare technique is annoying, even for a robotic character. The only way I can see Glau playing Gamora is if they have her as a half-rotted corpse, as in The Infinity Gauntlet. That'd be the best use of her talents.

That was Nebula, not Gamora.

So I was watching Breaking Bad, and I was thinking

What about Aaron Paul as StarLord?
Aaron+Paul.jpeg

If your a fan of the show you know this, but for others he has been second only to Brian Cranston and amazingly has stood toe to toe with him countless times in the series acting-wise on his way to an Emmy and a couple other nominations. He's displayed every range of emotion you could ask for, and this would be his first big movie role so he would be cheaper...which fits with what I think Marvel/Disney are doing with GOTG.

I don't pretend to know as much as others do about the GOTG...so I figured I'd put it out there and see if he fit the role to you. Kang he's 33 ;) ...only issue I really see is Height at 5'8"...though for the most part Marvel have been consistent at hiring actors that are a couple inches shorter than what they are supposed to be. Plus it would make whomever they cast as Drax look all the more bigger.

Just want to hear people's opinion on it
Hmm. Left-field but I guess it could work. Although he is pretty small :oldrazz:

He's tremendous on Breaking Bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back