OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Discussion in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' started by KangConquers, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Almost 23. If Carol Danvers doesn't show up until phase 3, she'd be at least 26, possibly 27. That's a fine age for Carol.

2. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I don't see how Danvers and Drax are comparable at all. Drax has to be at least 40 to pull off having an adult daughter.

Danvers won't show up in a MCU movie until Phase 3. By that point Jennifer Lawrence will be in her mid-late 20s. Do you need a 40 year old Carol Danvers to take her seriously?

Anyway it's not going to happen. I'm just saying, Lawrence is wasted on Mystique. She could've been a lead Superheroine, given her stature, her poise, her beauty, and her ability.

3. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Wait, why does Drax HAVE to be 40 to pull off having a daughter. He's an alien. They're going to use makeup and CGI. Is it preferable? Sure. Is it absolutely necessary? Not really depending on the actor.

4. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

I'd say over 35 is 100% necessary. Over 40 preferable.

5. deadmannuk12 Registered

Really I would say Over 30 would be ok, as long as the have the look, action, and acting ability

6. Nathan Registered

Drax needs to be GOTG's Wolverine. When I saw Jackman for the first time in X-Men, during the cage fight, all doubt was erased. That dude was Wolverine. I hope Marvel manages to find an actor as suited for Drax.

7. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

30 is cutting it to young for my tastes. At the very least, he needs to be the oldest member of the three humanoid Guardians...and I'm not sure being 30 would ensure that.

8. deadmannuk12 Registered

I Agree, jackman was 32 when he got Wolverine. I see that as a good age for Drax

9. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

Thats being far too rigid IMO.

Has anyone brought up Edgar Ramirez for Drax?

10. cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

DirecTV has a freeview going on of all the premium channels right now, so I'm finally able to see what all the hoopla about some of these cable shows are all about. Just caught a few episodes of Spartacus: Vengeance, and I've got to say now that I firmly agree with an earlier suggestion of either Liam McIntyre *or* Manu Bennett as Drax.

11. SlamAdams Registered

I feel like Drax should be older. I feel during and since Annihilation Wave he has been portrayed as an world weary war veteran who refuses to retire from service. A guy who has seen and experience violent at its worst but just cannot let it go

12. Nathan Registered

Does he need to be in his 40+ though? He has an alien body after all. Wolverine went through several wars and has seen tons of stuff that would make a person weary, yet we're ok with his body being in his prime, because of his healing factor.

13. SlamAdams Registered

And Wolverine is played by a guy in his 40s who is probably in the best physical condition he has ever been in.

14. Nathan Registered

Yeah, now he's in his 40th. But he wasn't when X-Men first came out. And he looked great back then too.

15. SlamAdams Registered

He looked good, but not like he looked now. Nevertheless my point is that being under 40 and appearing peak is not mutually exclusive.

16. deadmannuk12 Registered

Drax should look like Alistair Overeem (Battle tested warrior), act like Hugh Jackman (wolverine), and fight like Dwayne Johnson (Faster, Fast 6)

17. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Exactly. It's really hard to get that quality from someone who doesn't have a little age to them.

I'm not saying Drax needs to be his chronological age (pushing 50) but I do think he needs to be middle aged (35-45).

18. Lobo Liv is Life

Cooper as Star Lord
    Statham as Drax
    Daddario as Gamora
    Rooker as Rocky
    Kevin Michael as Richardson as Groot

I think that's a fairly realistic cast that I could support.

Cameo with Hedlund as Nova. We know Marvel likes him from Cap casting days and has Tron with Disney. He also fits Nova better than, he did Cap.

And just on a personal preference hope we get some mention of Warlock or at least his cocoon

19. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Prediction:

Hedlund won't be in it, as he'll play a Skywalker in Star Wars Episode VII.

20. TheHeatKitchen Registered

Star Lord - Zach Levi (figured I'd just pick one of the guys in the runnings)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Drax the Destroyer - Luke Goss
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Gamora - Gemma Arterton
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Rocket Racoon - John DiMaggio (Voice)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Groot - Robert Foxworth (Voice)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

21. Lobo Liv is Life

I used him as Luke in my recast so I'd be cool with that.

HeatKitchen I like your cast. Levi I'm on the fence about. Would prefer he just be Fandral

22. jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Forgot all about that :p

23. KangConquers Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Guardians has the unenviable task of trying to introduce at least 9 or so characters who will need fleshing out. Kind of like an Avengers where all the characters are new. I think forcing Carol/ SWORD the way IM2 forced SHIELD would sink this budding franchise.

Phase 2 has a set of 8 new heroes and one major villain to setup. I don't think it needs the added weight of a shoe horned Carol Danvers.

24. OB12 Registered

I think Carol should be introduced this season on SHIELD and possibly have a small supporting role in GOTG.

25. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

If anything, they can introduce Carol with Rhodey in an Iron Man movie. Being the Air Force and all. Unless they have that a secret in IM3, they'd have to wait for Iron Man 4 or whatever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.