Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
adewale-akinnuoye-agbaje.jpg

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje is opening the door to play other roles in the Marvel universe.. previously, the actor had been campaigning for T'Challa in Black Panther.. instead ending up with dual roles in Thor: The Dark World as both Algrim The Strong and Kurse..he talked to MTV giving the impression he's talking with Marvel about finding other parts for upcoming films..it's possible he could be talking about Drax or Thanos in Guardians.. I also wouldn't rule out Black Panther or Inhumans..

"It's funny that you say that," he answered when we asked if he would be up for more Marvel films in the future. "As we speak, we're talking about that. Obviously Marvel is a great family that I'm happy to be working with. We had a great time on ['Thor'], so I'd love to continue that relationship."

this isn't new we've heard rumblings that Idris Elba has also been trying nail down more Marvel roles naming Blade, Luke Cage and Panther as possible parts.. there was even talk that Zachary Levi was in the mix for Star-Lord having already played Fandral in Dark World..I assume this comes down to casting and on how recognizable Adewale is in Thor..I can buy this if he's made up heavily in makeup as Algrim/Kurse which could allow him to play other parts in the MCU.. considering the images we've been seeing from the set it's likely his roles are costume/makeup heavy.. I wouldn't be upset if he ended up playing Thanos as he has the talent and the build to pull it off..

andy-park-illustrations-13.jpeg

Last edited:
AAA's comments *could* indicate different roles in other movies, but I get the impression what he was talking about was simply bringing Kurse back for Thor 3. Or possibly even a cameo in GOTG....he grinned and played coy when the interviewer asked him specifically about this movie.

That being said, I'd be all for him taking on Thanos' role. Great pic of the Titan there, ChristopherM.

AAA's comments *could* indicate different roles in other movies, but I get the impression what he was talking about was simply bringing Kurse back for Thor 3. Or possibly even a cameo in GOTG....he grinned and played coy when the interviewer asked him specifically about this movie.

That being said, I'd be all for him taking on Thanos' role. Great pic of the Titan there, ChristopherM.

I wouldn't be shocked if Kurse is the Thor-side of the Masters of Evil, if they end-up used in Avengers 2.. from all we know Enchantress has been rumored but hasn't been confirmed for Dark World.. I'm sure they could have kept all that hush since most of the Asgard scenes are in studios.. I guess we won't know for sure until this Summer who will be playing Thanos and November about the fate of Enchantress..Hemsworth has been talking Charlize Theron for the role but she's been busy filming Mad Mad: Fury Road..now that Max wrapped a few weeks ago, it's possible from now and until the film is locked she could shoot a cameo or scenes as Amora.. you never really know with Marvel, they are a sneaky bunch with last minute additions and button scenes.. hell Iron Man 3 is still shooting lol

tumblr_m59yf4gWdN1ql9rca.gif

tumblr_mbkvo5xy0C1r6idwoo2_500.gif

Last edited:
I'd prefer Theron as Karnilla or Hela, but she could work as Enchantress.

I know she's viewed as pretty much fanservice incarnate, but the actress who plays her does have to have some combination of a sultry nature and kind of a scheming mentality behind the hotness. You really can't just go with any attractive 20-something blonde chick.

I know she's viewed as pretty much fanservice incarnate, but the actress who plays her does have to have some combination of a sultry nature and kind of a scheming mentality behind the hotness. You really can't just go with any attractive 20-something blonde chick.

Who, Enchantress? Absolutely. She is the very definition of seductress. You can't put some bubble-headed bimbo in that role; it has to be a genuine vamp.

Who, Enchantress? Absolutely. She is the very definition of seductress. You can't put some bubble-headed bimbo in that role; it has to be a genuine vamp.

agreed.. also villains tend to be played by extremely talented actors.. you can't hire some CW airhead..Theron as a two-time Oscar nominated actress and winning once...fit's the bill for any sort of Marvel villain role.. she was a model and still looks stunning

tumblr_m5fr3rt80q1qhteqro1_500.gif

tumblr_m65256DmZS1qfu2deo1_500.gif

charlize-chris-hemsworth.jpg

Last edited:
I'd prefer Theron as Karnilla or Hela, but she could work as Enchantress.

Alice Krige's character hasn't been confirmed but it's expected she's playing either Hela or Alflyse.. I'm pushing for the former because all nine realms are expected to be explored..

tumblr_m9myz5sFRp1rw33igo1_500.jpg

I had an interesting idea that in the MCU, Hela could be Loki's mother instead of his daughter, since they went with a younger version of Loki and Thor. We never find out Loki's full parentage in Thor...so why not?

I thought it was pretty clear that they were asking about other Marvel roles, not Kurse, potentially hinting at Black Panther or Thanos.

I, too, love that picture. I think it came out near the Avengers DVD launch.

Edit: The exact quote from her was...

"Can we hope that we'll see you in another Marvel movie?"

Last edited:
I had an interesting idea that in the MCU, Hela could be Loki's mother instead of his daughter, since they went with a younger version of Loki and Thor. We never find out Loki's full parentage in Thor...so why not?

I thought it would make more sense that Hela is his mother rather than daughter too.. perhaps his siblings could be Fenris Wolf and Jormungand.. I think Hela, Loki and Enchantress teaming up for Thor 3 could be solid.. would be a perfect way to actually bring Doctor Strange into the fold..since they would need him to fight dark cosmic magic like that..

bringing in Fenris could bring yet another Thor half-brother Vidar.. they'll have another brother with Tyr (played by Clive Russell) but still no Balder The Brave..

mightythor_293_wolf.jpg

Last edited:
Alice Krige's character hasn't been confirmed but it's expected she's playing either Hela or Alflyse.. I'm pushing for the former because all nine realms are expected to be explored..

Krige said she has a small role and is almost unrecognizable, meaning she's probably heavily made-up. I'd guess that she's playing a Crone role, like Volla or one of the Norns. Alflyse and Hela are young sexpots, and unlikely to be the role Krige was cast for.

I thought it was pretty clear that they were asking about other Marvel roles, not Kurse, potentially hinting at Black Panther or Thanos.

I, too, love that picture. I think it came out near the Avengers DVD launch.

Edit: The exact quote from her was...

"Can we hope that we'll see you in another Marvel movie?"

Which can easily be interpreted as "yet another" instead of "another, different" Marvel movie. Which applies just as logically to Kurse coming back in Thor 3, or even cameoing in some other Marvel movie.

Given his history of campaigning for other Marvel parts, I'm pretty sure I know how he interpreted it. You could see it in his grin. He's in a position where it could easily work, too, since it sounds like he's unrecognizable as Algrim and Kurse.

Given his history of campaigning for other Marvel parts, I'm pretty sure I know how he interpreted it. You could see it in his grin. He's in a position where it could easily work, too, since it sounds like he's unrecognizable as Algrim and Kurse.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to him taking other roles in the MCU, although god knows there's plenty of other people on this site who can't seem to grasp that actors aren't shackled to just one role. :cwink:

Krige said she has a small role and is almost unrecognizable, meaning she's probably heavily made-up. I'd guess that she's playing a Crone role, like Volla or one of the Norns. Alflyse and Hela are young sexpots, and unlikely to be the role Krige was cast for.

Which can easily be interpreted as "yet another" instead of "another, different" Marvel movie. Which applies just as logically to Kurse coming back in Thor 3, or even cameoing in some other Marvel movie.

only thing is that any character that isn't super elderly in a Marvel comic book is a sexpot.. that's how the artists draw women, Marvel Studios is a little more open-minded than comic book artists..who draw unrealistic female characters

I love that pic of Thanos! Who's the artist? I really like how his proportions are more human-like than the typical rendition. It makes me think they can do him with a live actor and makeup and just use forced perspective a la LOTR.

Ironic. cause that is actually concept art from the movie

I love that pic of Thanos! Who's the artist? I really like how his proportions are more human-like than the typical rendition. It makes me think they can do him with a live actor and makeup and just use forced perspective a la LOTR.

it's film concept art from the Avengers by Marvel Studios concept artist Andy Park..

Not really related to anything, per se, but I had no idea Tom Hiddlestone was dating Jessica Chastain.

^You weren't supposed to.

*twilight zone theme*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"