Guardians of the Galaxy OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawrence's acting ability and athletic build make her perfect for Gamora, IMO. And isn't she 20-something? I gotta think her babyface features will be kept in check by the makeup she'll have to wear.

It didn't work with her Mystique make up
detail.jpg

The scales were dark blue in the original trilogy but the same color as her skin in First Class. It threw the entire look off

But still, she doesn't have the right facial features for someone like Mystique or Gamora. Her face is too... puffy (In a good way... trust me, I love it)

:cmad:

Jensen Ackles for Star-Lord :jedi

:jedi Jensen Ackles for your mom.

But still, she doesn't have the right facial features for someone like Mystique or Gamora. Her face is too... puffy (In a good way... trust me, I love it)

She has a baby-face. Not that it matters, since she already has two big franchises occupying her time.

It's funny that you just now with this statement helped me realize the obvious. I've always thought there was something about her I felt off about and its her puffy ash cheeks.

I like them cheeks! Shell probably lose a bit of that though as she gets older. It just wasnt a good match with the Mystique make up.

:cmad:

Jensen Ackles for Star-Lord :jedi

I'll back you up on that one

I like them cheeks! Shell probably lose a bit of that though as she gets older. It just wasnt a good match with the Mystique make up.

I LOVE the cheeks.

I didn't even realize it was the same girl who was in the hunger games lol

It's funny that you just now with this statement helped me realize the obvious. I've always thought there was something about her I felt off about and its her puffy ash cheeks.

I've been reading and re-reading this, and trying to come up with some reason to believe that puffy ash cheeks would be a bad thing.

[YT]kY84MRnxVzo[/YT]

They'll come in handy when collecting acorns for the winter.

I'd love to see women with healthier looking bodies like Lawrence onscreen more but yeah doubt she will ever play Gamora.

I think it's pretty certain Damion Poitier will play Thanos in this and Avengers 2, at least physically. They may get a more famous actor to voice the character, but they probably won't, since Marvel Studios doesn't seem like the type to get two different actors to play the same character. Colm Feore, Tim Roth and Alexis Denisof all played and voiced cgi/heavily made-up characters full on. Not to mention Tom Hiddleston was probably the least known actor in The Avengers and he was the main villain.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty certain Damion Poitier will play Thanos in this and Avengers 2, at least physically. They may get a more famous actor to voice the character, but they probably won't, since Marvel Studios doesn't seem like the type to get two different actors to play the same character. Colm Feore, Tim Roth and Alexis Denisof all played and voiced cgi/heavily made-up characters full on. Not to mention Tom Hiddleston was probably the least known actor in The Avengers and he was the main villain.

I wouldn't be shocked if Poitier was dropped. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of credentials, and seemed like a "We need a mocap guy for a non-speaking role" choice.

I wouldn't be shocked if Poitier was dropped. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of credentials, and seemed like a "We need a mocap guy for a non-speaking role" choice.
Is it a coincidence that he has such a distinct face and voice, both perfect for Thanos? And a good build and height at 6'4? I don't think they'd cast someone so physically perfect for the role just for a scene where you barely see him. Not to mention he's been on 2 Joss Whedon shows.

That's all beside the fact since Thanos is going to be heavily cgi anyway... so all they need is a mo-cap guy.

I would be shocked if Damian Poitier is not dropped. He is a stunt guy. He will not play the lead villain in an Avengers movie.

I would be shocked if Damian Poitier is not dropped. He is a stunt guy. He will not play the lead villain in an Avengers movie.
I've thought about it a lot and it's not just a guess, it only makes sense to me. I'd bet money on it in fact.

Saying he won't play Thanos because he's a stunt guy isn't a good enough reason. Marvel got an Australian soap actor to play Thor, which isn't a simple role to play, a duo of comedy directors to make Captain America 2, which is a dark story, and they're actually making a GotG movie, which is a tough sell. Getting an actor who primarily does stunts to play a CGI character isn't out of the ordinary for Marvel Studios.

Marvel auditioned dozens of actors to play Thor, and ultimately settled on a guy who had recently moved to America and already landed major roles in three movies. I don't know what the rest of your paragraph has to do with casting.

Poitier is literally just a stunt guy, he had done stunts on all (I think? maybe almost all) of Whedon's shows. 2/3 of the roles he's played have numbers after them, I'd have to imagine the rest are background parts. No one would even know he "played" Thanos if it hadn't leaked from wherever it leaked; he's not credited, and not one person involved with the film has mentioned his name. They needed a guy to come in, put on some makeup, and smile, so Whedon brought in a stunt guy he was familiar with who probably worked for next to nothing. That is not casting an actor. Nor is what he was required to do in the film acting. A Gap commercial is a more demanding role. They aren't going to trust this individual to portray the most terrifying villain in the galaxy.

They can stick whatever actor they do end up hiring in prosthetics to make him look the same, or go with an all-CG Thanos from here on out. But they will hire an actual actor to play him.

Marvel auditioned dozens of actors to play Thor, and ultimately settled on a guy who had recently moved to America and already landed major roles in three movies. I don't know what the rest of your paragraph has to do with casting.

Poitier is literally just a stunt guy, he had done stunts on all (I think? maybe almost all) of Whedon's shows. 2/3 of the roles he's played have numbers after them, I'd have to imagine the rest are background parts. No one would even know he "played" Thanos if it hadn't leaked from wherever it leaked; he's not credited, and not one person involved with the film has mentioned his name. They needed a guy to come in, put on some makeup, and smile, so Whedon brought in a stunt guy he was familiar with who probably worked for next to nothing. That is not casting an actor. Nor is what he was required to do in the film acting. A Gap commercial is a more demanding role. They aren't going to trust this individual to portray the most terrifying villain in the galaxy.

They can stick whatever actor they do end up hiring in prosthetics to make him look the same, or go with an all-CG Thanos from here on out. But they will hire an actual actor to play him.

With the CGI the way it is these days, they can pretty much have anyone play Thanos, and not worry about height etc. Mocap city.

Also, apologies if that post came off vitriolic, didn't mean it that way. I just don't understand the fixation on Poitier from some. Is it because he has a jawline that kind-of-sort-of looks Thanosy?

We're all just guessing here, and it doesn't matter in the end, but I'm stickin' with my guess.

We'll see :cwink:

I wouldn't be too surprised if they kept him on and just had a new voice actor added, much like (I hate to bring it up because I usually pretend it didn't exist but...) Silver Surfer in FF2 with Doug Jones and Laurence Fishburne.

I wouldn't be too surprised if they kept him on and just had a new voice actor added, much like (I hate to bring it up because I usually pretend it didn't exist but...) Silver Surfer in FF2 with Doug Jones and Laurence Fishburne.

Problem is, hollywood is trending towards actors doing their own mocap (see Mark Ruffalo as Hulk.) It's now being considered part of the performance, and actors want to own that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"