Official Hype Super Bowl XLII party thread!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if you dont like the Patriots at least present a valid reason....and the whole "he cheated" excuse is old news. on the other hand if you dont like the Giants...make your case...and the "eli didnt want to go to Sd" has been beat to death....

Exactly.

The Giants completely beat the Packers at everything they wanted to do yesterday. They didn't allow any big runs after the catch (except the Driver TD). They dominated the Packers L.O.S, kept Grant at bay and made Favre have to throw on the run forcing some bad passes and two picks.

They completely deserve to be in the Super Bowl, i am in a state of shock that they are. I picked them to be one of the worst teams this year, and when they started 0-2 i said they would be even worse than i thought.

Well they got it done, on the road, playing very solid football. They played with much more discipline than in previous seasons. They have had solid contribution from their run game even without Barber. Strahan and the defense have been solid all year.

Dont count the Giants out from winning the whole thing, i picked against them every week in the playoffs and they've made me look like an idiot. I expect the Patriots to win, but the Giants already proved they could hang.

if you dont like the Patriots at least present a valid reason....and the whole "he cheated" excuse is old news. on the other hand if you dont like the Giants...make your case...and the "eli didnt want to go to Sd" has been beat to death....

I don't like the Patriots because they are undefeated and I'd like to see them lose at least one this year. Plus, my wife is from NYC, so I'm kind of required by law to root for the Giants in this game (even though I was rooting for Green Bay last night :D ).

jag

I've never been a big Pats fan. I'd like to see the Giants do something to knock them off their pedestal and take the big game away from them. I'm an underdog kind of guy, I suppose. It'll be tough to do it, but they certainly are capable and absolutely anything can happen in the Super Bowl.

jag

I honestly find it hard to root for the underdogs when the underdogs are lead by Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning, two of the biggest pricks in the NFL :csad:

I am rooting for the Patriots, just because it will be the equivilant to watching history. I wasn't around to see Chuck Noll win his 4 rings and I wasn't old enough to appreciate Joe Montana winning his. So its exciting.

I honestly find it hard to root for the underdogs when the underdogs are lead by Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning, two of the biggest pricks in the NFL :csad:

I am rooting for the Patriots, just because it will be the equivilant to watching history. I wasn't around to see Chuck Noll win his 4 rings and I wasn't old enough to appreciate Joe Montana winning his. So its exciting.

Yeah, because Bellichick and Brady are the nicest...guys...EVER! :dry:

jag

DAM!!!!!
The Dam Packers lost!!!!

Yeah, because Bellichick and Brady are the nicest...guys...EVER! :dry:

jag

No, they aren't...but the history factor outweighs their prick factor for me.

I hate the Patriots because of them beating the Rams in a Super Bowl where St. Louis should have blown them out. And because Tom Brady is a f***ing Wolverine.

No, they aren't...but the history factor outweighs their prick factor for me.

It's also history if the Giants shut those pricks down and prevent them from getting another Super Bowl title. ;)

jag

It's also history if the Giants shut those pricks down and prevent them from getting another Super Bowl title. ;)

jag

Touche, but that historic event does not outweigh the prick factor of Coughlin and Manning :oldrazz:

jag

:up::up::up:

I'm rooting for the Giants all the way. I LOVE Plaxico Burress, and want to see him get his ring.

Touche, but that historic event does not outweigh the prick factor of Coughlin and Manning :oldrazz:

Hmmm....pricks who don't have a Super Bowl ring against pricks who have several. Yeah, I'm rooting for the pricks who've never had a Super Bowl ring. :up:

jag

I hate the Patriots because of them beating the Rams in a Super Bowl where St. Louis should have blown them out. And because Tom Brady is a f***ing Wolverine.

HA HA.

Also, I'm not just rooting for NY because I dislike New England. I like Plaxico Burress a ton, would love to see him get his ring.

I'd like to see history happen. As a sports fan, how often do you get a chance to witness something like this? Especially with free agency. The Patriots play the way I wish the teams I root for play.

So, should I just stop the pool where it is now, because everyone's gonna pick New England? :huh:

Any given Sunday. May the best team win.

Just saw im in first in the Pool:cwink:

Should be a good Superbowl still.....I would have loved to see Favre but The Giants are playing at a high level so hopefully its enjoyable. :up:

Patriots, just because I'm bitter. :cmad: :csad:

So, should I just stop the pool where it is now, because everyone's gonna pick New England? :huh:

No...

You've got score, mvp, and other things to determine winner.

Of course I voted for my favorite team the Patriots to win it all and make history as the second team to win it all undefeated. However, anything can happen at the big dance, and even if the Pats lose, it'll be cool to see Eli Manning get a ring so he can be out of his brothers shadow.

Either way I think it's going to be a great game and I also think it'll be a close one as well.

What do we have to PM Fran with?? Just score and winner?

As far as I know, that's it.

Well this superbowl is going to be a blowout... im watching for the commercials

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"